• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean if he can get to the Finals or win a championship or something sure

but no one is gonna give him any kind of credit- and rightly so- for a round 1 playoff win- which is what i think most of us think is the MOST LIKELY outcome of the season - with the basement being missing the playoffs and the absolute top making it to the WCF.

you dont pass michael getting your ass bounced in the 2nd round.

He has already made a ton of deep playoff runs. MVP # 5 would defintely close the gap in the eyes of many.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already made a ton of deep playoff runs. MVP # 5 would defintely close the gap in the eyes of many.

He's not going to get MVP. I don't see them winning 50 games either in the west. He struggled in the East(with a team fit around him, a star in love and great 3pt shooters), there is no 4 games against orlando or brooklyn or the knicks in the west...Most of the teams are a lot better. From what i have been hearing his main reason for leaving was Kyrie. Losing to Kyrie would be equivalent of Jordan losing to Pippen...It would ruin his legacy tbh...

Bos took them 7 without Kyrie and Hayward so their was a very good chance of that happening if he stayed.

There are still some bad outcomes for him next year as follows...

Cavs do better than the lakers

Lakers don't make the playoffs

Make the finals and lose to Kyrie's Celtics

Cavs make the finals (Unlikely but would be funny)

Last edited:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NBA.com, here are the correct #'s for the 2000-2001 Lakers and 2015-2016 Cavs

2000-2001 Lakers OFF RTG-105.6
2000-2001 Lakers DEF RTG-101.7

2015-2016 Cavs OFF RTG-108.1
2015-2016 Cavs DEF RTG-102.3

I listed the wrong year on my numbers...My numbers were playoff numbers

Anyways your numbers above shows How great that cavs team was...Clearly a top 10 team

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways your numbers above shows How great that cavs team was...Clearly a top 10 team

2gtwz831.gif

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who predicted we’d see this picture 12 months ago?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not going to get MVP. I don't see them winning 50 games either in the west. He struggled in the East(with a team fit around him, a star in love and great 3pt shooters), there is no 4 games against orlando or brooklyn or the knicks in the west...Most of the teams are a lot better. From what i have been hearing his main reason for leaving was Kyrie. Losing to Kyrie would be equivalent of Jordan losing to Pippen...It would ruin his legacy tbh...

Bos took them 7 without Kyrie and Hayward so their was a very good chance of that happening if he stayed.

Wow. Glad to see you haven't changed! Still incredibly unrealistic.

So many flaws, where tonstart?

1) Losing Kyrie not even in the ballpark of Jordan losing Pippen. Pippen' impact on games was infinitely greater.
2) Cavs will not do better than the Lakers
3) losing to the Celtics in the Finals would not be a bad outcome for anyone with a brain. That would require a ridiculous level of overachieving surely driven by LeBron.
4) The Celtics are not "Kyrie's team". They are probably best in the East if he plays 0 games. The Celtics are a deep collection of talent lead by a genius coach.
5) Cavs making the Finals isn't unlikely, it is impossible.
6) LeBron is the Vegas favorite to win MVP.
7) LeBron struggled in the East? Really? Did you really just say that?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if LeBron and Kyrie somehow meet in the Finals I seriously will not know who to root for.

Honestly- the more I think about it probably Kyrie because it would be hilarious to see him beat LeBron. LeBron would shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listed the wrong year on my numbers...My numbers were playoff numbers

if y ou have to go back to the 60's and stuff its really hard to grade out and rate those Celtics teams

obviously a modern day Cavs team would have destroyed those Celtics in a massacre of epic proportions but you have to grade on ERA at some point

As far as talent- that Cavs team definitely could be considered a top 10 talented team of all time with LeBron/Kyrie/Love and co. It would be close.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if the Lakers miss the playoffs Magic should be fired, Jeanie should be fired, that scumbag former agent of Carlos Boozer should be fired.

If you miss the playoffs with a still-in-his-prime LeBron James (as long as he is healthy), you should never be able to work i nthe league again. They should put that in the NBA bylaws.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Lakers miss the playoffs Magic should be fired, Jeanie should be fired, that scumbag former agent of Carlos Boozer should be fired.

If you miss the playoffs with a still-in-his-prime LeBron James (as long as he is healthy), you should never be able to work i nthe league again. They should put that in the NBA bylaws.

West is loaded. Going to take close to 50 wins to make the playoffs. And shit happens.

You can win 48 wins and possibly miss the playoffs.

In other words your comment was pretty stupid

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West is loaded. Going to take close to 50 wins to make the playoffs. And shit happens.

You can win 48 wins and possibly miss the playoffs.

In other words your comment was pretty stupid
i wonder how many times in the history of the NBA the best player in the league missed the playoffs.

in a league where over half the teams make it- my guess would be between zero and none

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder how many times in the history of the NBA the best player in the league missed the playoffs.

in a league where over half the teams make it- my guess would be between zero and none

I wonder how many times in the history of the NBA there has been this much of the top talent all in one conference?

My guess would be between zero and none.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many times in the history of the NBA there has been this much of the top talent all in one conference?

My guess would be between zero and none.
seems like an excuse and being a prisoner of the moment. The East and West is much more balanced than it has been in previous years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like an excuse and being a prisoner of the moment. The East and West is much more balanced than it has been in previous years.

No it isn't.

As bks pointed out, it may take 50 wins to reach the playoffs in the West.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize there are about 10 teams in the West who can win 48 games right?