• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures that biggest dip shit of the year award would go to a Kardashian. We'll forget that Lebron was the one that carried that Cavs team to 4-straight NBA Finals trips.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You noticed the word can in my statement right?
lsat year 10 teams could have won 38 games. the year before the year before that.

it basically means nothing.

if you noticed i said "I agree any of those teams COULD win 48 games" but then went on to say the BLATANTLY obvious that its practically impossible for them to all win 48 games- and the fact that the disparity between the east and west is so little and the fact that so few teams are tanking supports my argument that its HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely that a team that wins 47 games will be left out of the playoffs.

the cavs CAN make the playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures that biggest dip shit of the year award would go to a Kardashian. We'll forget that Lebron was the one that carried that Cavs team to 4-straight NBA Finals trips.

Well, technically speaking, he's absolutely right.

Have a feeling though that it's not going to take long for all 3 of those teams (among others) to let him know that life is going to be very different without Lebron.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMFAOOOO

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, technically speaking, he's absolutely right.

Have a feeling though that it's not going to take long for all 3 of those teams (among others) to let him know that life is going to be very different without Lebron.
Lue said the same thing at his presser- he is likely just following Lue's lead.

What did they expect him to say? We know we are going to fall off a cliff? ya know?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What did they expect him to say? We know we are going to fall off a cliff? ya know?

Yeah, I agree.

Folks are still gonna have some fun with that answer though.

To be completely honest, I don't know what he could say that would qualify as a good answer.

I mean, he answers how he did and folks are gonna bust on him and remind him that Lebron isn't there anymore.

But if he says, "Yeah, without Lebron, we're playing for ping pong balls" he'd get destroyed for it.

Maybe say "We're still 4 time EC champs until someone beats us" without the shots at Boston, Philly and Toronto? :noidea:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember Spo reiterated after the Heat's first title with Lebron that it was a new year and everyone starts from scratch. That you don't get any favors winning the previous year; that he tried avoided using the term "defending champs" as it doesn't carry any weight into the season. He should've went with that approach rather than bring up previous results from the past when you now have a very different roster (Lebron being the obvious missing piece).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree.

Folks are still gonna have some fun with that answer though.

To be completely honest, I don't know what he could say that would qualify as a good answer.

I mean, he answers how he did and folks are gonna bust on him and remind him that Lebron isn't there anymore.

But if he says, "Yeah, without Lebron, we're playing for ping pong balls" he'd get destroyed for it.

Maybe say "We're still 4 time EC champs until someone beats us" without the shots at Boston, Philly and Toronto? :noidea:

I would've brought up that it's a new season and previous results don't matter.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems some people are triggered that the east still goes through the cavs lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Glad to see you haven't changed! Still incredibly unrealistic.

So many flaws, where tonstart?

1) Losing Kyrie not even in the ballpark of Jordan losing Pippen. Pippen' impact on games was infinitely greater.
2) Cavs will not do better than the Lakers
3) losing to the Celtics in the Finals would not be a bad outcome for anyone with a brain. That would require a ridiculous level of overachieving surely driven by LeBron.
4) The Celtics are not "Kyrie's team". They are probably best in the East if he plays 0 games. The Celtics are a deep collection of talent lead by a genius coach.
5) Cavs making the Finals isn't unlikely, it is impossible.
6) LeBron is the Vegas favorite to win MVP.
7) LeBron struggled in the East? Really? Did you really just say that?

1) So then it would be worse. He would be losing to a worse pippen according to you...
2) You don't know if they will or they won't
3) Yes it would. They were already starting the Kyrie/lebron last year especially by Steven A...Best believe that would be the first thing brought up.
4) You thought Kyrie was a scrub. Now he is ranked as one of the top players in the NBA...Shows how much you know.
5) So, who was the favorite last year? Hint it was Lebron
6) The Cavs came in the 4th seed. That may work in the east but not the west.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibbs...:lol:

Guess it's no harm in asking.

@Sparhawk , @flyerhawk, @bksballer89 , @Heatles84

The Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly sought Ben Simmons in a potential Jimmy Butler trade with the Philadelphia 76ers. Appearing on The Bill Simmons Podcast on Thursday, The Ringer’s Kevin O’Connor explained just how high the Timberwolves’ asking price is for their disgruntled shooting guard: “One of the things that I’ve heard from a handful of sources is that—with the Sixers for example—the initial offer that they made, the counter-offer was like, ‘We need Ben Simmons in a deal.'”
– via Bleacher Report