• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I said this about Jimmy Butler's trade list.

It's the anti-Durant move.

But, what it actually highlights, for me anyway, is that people will criticize you no matter what path you choose.

So, might as well take the one that makes you the happiest.

It's an anti-Durant move, but to what end? To be "the man" and get paid. Not to win necessarily, but for ego and $$$.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading yours and @Mecca posts, got me wondering about another motivation for him as well.

When he went to the Heat, he took a lot of criticism for going to a "stacked team". Heck, people were wanting to put an asterisk next to the titles he won with the Heat because of it.

When he returned to the Cavs, with the emergence of Kyrie and the trade for Kevin Love, he was once again criticized for going to a stacked team.

While the Lakers do have a promising young core, the one thing that can't be said is that he went to a stacked team.

I wonder if that played into his decision at all?

Was thinking the same.

And I have said before, that criticism he got for returning to Cleveland was unwarranted. Cleveland had potential to be a legit championship contender, but they were very untested. LeBron led them there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem here is you trying to decide what constitutes failure for him.

Imo....losing in the Finals, losing in the conference finals is still losing.

Obviously, more Championships immediately was not his #1 priority.

But, he went to a team with the ability to add another star.

Plus, he put his Son and wife's wants and needs first.

He's winning in life. Basketball is just a game.
I mean- 2 days ago at his presser LeBron said it himself Mecca- he said that business had nothing to do with his decision and that it was pure basketball- and

he absolutely has the right to do what he thinks is best for him and his family---- what i am saying- is what i have siad from the beginning- he could have chosen multiple situations that would have been better from a winning stand point.

I mean- i agree with you- i think he picked LA for his family and for his business ventures- but LeBron very forcefully (and very butt-hurt) refuted that.

As i said- if certain things fell in plcae he could be playing in CLE wiht KI and PG and booking a ticket to a 9th straight Finals- or with Embiid and Simmons and Reddick and Fultz in Philly or with Capela and Paul and Harden in Houston.

Instead he chose to go play with Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma and Rajon Rondo in LA and he tries to frame it as a baskebtall decision which is just insulting to our intelligence.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- 2 days ago at his presser LeBron said it himself Mecca- he said that business had nothing to do with his decision and that it was pure basketball- and

he absolutely has the right to do what he thinks is best for him and his family---- what i am saying- is what i have siad from the beginning- he could have chosen multiple situations that would have been better from a winning stand point.

I mean- i agree with you- i think he picked LA for his family and for his business ventures- but LeBron very forcefully (and very butt-hurt) refuted that.

As i said- if certain things fell in plcae he could be playing in CLE wiht KI and PG and booking a ticket to a 9th straight Finals- or with Embiid and Simmons and Reddick and Fultz in Philly or with Capela and Paul and Harden in Houston.

Instead he chose to go play with Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma and Rajon Rondo in LA and he tries to frame it as a baskebtall decision which is just insulting to our intelligence.

Good video to watch on this topic from First take yesterday @Mecca @WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As opposed to sticking around in cleveland where he's going to play with a guy who doesn't know the score at the end of the game?

Yeah i'm sure that would have been the better way forward...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. Was thinking maybe that was their rating for the playoffs?

Still wouldn't be it. Cavs DEF RTG in the playoffs that year was 103.5

Starting to think it was a made up # by him lol

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are gonna let the Suns take their spot in the Butler trade and not get back a draft pick they need?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the season to start. My feelings summed up:

n_JLqR.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Draymond%2BGreen%2B2-0%2Breaction.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

And if you don't like it:

tenor.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you sure that joining another stacked team is best for his basketball legacy?

I honestly think otherwise. Had he chosen say Philly, it would have been championship or bust from the jump, even though they would still be a serious longshot to beat GS this year. While they would probably get a title at some point, you never know. The LBJ/Simmons fit is questionable and Embiid is one wrong step away from being out for the season. Failure to win in Philly would absolutely hurt his legacy.

In LA?

Expectations are lower than ever for LeBron. I also think he realized last season that he can still gain ground on MJ even without titles. But, he can only do that on a team with relatively low expectations. If LeBron plays 75+ games and leads the Lakers to 50 wins, he should get MVP. Maybe next summer they can sign somebody else and rejoin the championship chase. In the meantime, LeBron can go Russell Westbrook and chase that elusive MVP.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get your point.

I don't believe his decision was just about basketball, despite what he says.

Athletes don't always tell us the truth.

Ffs, Towns just said Butler had nothing to do with him not signing his extension.

Yet, he put pen to paper as soon as Jimmy asked for a trade.

Coincidence?

Nah

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure that joining another stacked team is best for his basketball legacy?

I honestly think otherwise. Had he chosen say Philly, it would have been championship or bust from the jump, even though they would still be a serious longshot to beat GS this year. While they would probably get a title at some point, you never know. The LBJ/Simmons fit is questionable and Embiid is one wrong step away from being out for the season. Failure to win in Philly would absolutely hurt his legacy.

In LA?

Expectations are lower than ever for LeBron. I also think he realized last season that he can still gain ground on MJ even without titles. But, he can only do that on a team with relatively low expectations. If LeBron plays 75+ games and leads the Lakers to 50 wins, he should get MVP. Maybe next summer they can sign somebody else and rejoin the championship chase. In the meantime, LeBron can go Russell Westbrook and chase that elusive MVP.
i mean if he can get to the Finals or win a championship or something sure

but no one is gonna give him any kind of credit- and rightly so- for a round 1 playoff win- which is what i think most of us think is the MOST LIKELY outcome of the season - with the basement being missing the playoffs and the absolute top making it to the WCF.

you dont pass michael getting your ass bounced in the 2nd round.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron didn't say it was only about basketball. He has said several times that his family was a huge part of the decision.
Lebron didn't say it was only about basketball. He has said several times that his family was a huge part of the decision.
to quote LeBron

“My decision was based solely on my family and the Lakers,”

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Background info, Bob Fitzgerald is the tv play by play man for the Warriors and Jim Barnett is the tv analyst for the Warriors. Only facts in this video, with the last one being most accurate.