• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to NBA.com, here are the correct #'s for the 2000-2001 Lakers and 2015-2016 Cavs

2000-2001 Lakers OFF RTG-105.6
2000-2001 Lakers DEF RTG-101.7

2015-2016 Cavs OFF RTG-108.1
2015-2016 Cavs DEF RTG-102.3

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me know when you find another playoffs team with an offense rating of 118.1...and a defensive rating of 108

The only other team to come close to that is GS...Let that sink in...

You feeling confident about that Lakers/Cavs bet?

LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why everyone is 100% correct to call you on your BS. Because you can't admit when you are wrong about something. It is quite simple.

LeBron chose to leave Cleveland, which in your mind, was not about basketball because Cleveland gave LeBron the best chance to win and they "have the best owner in sports with his deep pockets".

If LeBron's decision were about anything other than business, it would require you to to admit you were wrong. So instead, you create your narrative about how LeBron no longer cares about winning and just wants to make movies.

Problem is, any reasonable, objective person understands LeBron's choice. He had 0 chance of winning a ring next year in Cleveland. And with the Celtics, 6ers and Raptors rising, he might not get out of the 2nd round. He hates Dan Gilbert and while the short term prospect in LA are not great, they defintely have a 2 year path to be a legitimate title contender.

In other words, it is quite obvious you have an agenda. If you would just for once admit you were wrong it would play a lot better for you.
your comment has zero relevance to what my comment was. Responding to that comment was asinine with this one.

so maybe let me repeat it so you can understand-

LeBron seemed to get pissed when asked about the myriad of business opportunities he has engaged in, both before he went to LA and the new ones since he got there.

I think he knows that if he struggles and or the team struggles there will be plenty of people in the media that will ask the question of where his focus really is at this point in his career. LeBron can see that coming.

For LeBron to brush that off and act like its a stupid question- while on the other hand actively marketing all of those business matters is hypocritical.

You cant advertise Space Jam 2 from your Twitter account one second- and then act like a crybaby when someone asks you about your myriad of business ventures the next.

I would love to see where I said Dan Gilbert was the best owner in sports. I do think he is a very good to great owner as one of, if not the most important thing an owner can do is back his team financially and very very few in all of sports have shown a willingness to spend at a level that Dan has spent.

Just for comparison's sake- only 1 team in the HISTORY of the league has paid more luxury tax in the NBA than the Cleveland Cavaliers since the luxury tax has been invented- the Knicks. Think about that for a second- , not the LA LAkers, not the Golden State Warriors or Chicago Bulls or Miami Heat or Dallas Mavericks- or even your Washington Wizards (which--- are El Cheapo) all major markets. The CLEVELAND CAVALIERS. Thats because of one guy and one guy alone- self-made man Dan Gilbert.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your comment has zero relevance to what my comment was. Responding to that comment was asinine with this one.

so maybe let me repeat it so you can understand-

LeBron seemed to get pissed when asked about the myriad of business opportunities he has engaged in, both before he went to LA and the new ones since he got there.

I think he knows that if he struggles and or the team struggles there will be plenty of people in the media that will ask the question of where his focus really is at this point in his career. LeBron can see that coming.

For LeBron to brush that off and act like its a stupid question- while on the other hand actively marketing all of those business matters is hypocritical.

You cant advertise Space Jam 2 from your Twitter account one second- and then act like a crybaby when someone asks you about your myriad of business ventures the next.

I would love to see where I said Dan Gilbert was the best owner in sports. I do think he is a very good to great owner as one of, if not the most important thing an owner can do is back his team financially and very very few in all of sports have shown a willingness to spend at a level that Dan has spent.

Just for comparison's sake- only 1 team in the HISTORY of the league has paid more luxury tax in the NBA than the Cleveland Cavaliers since the luxury tax has been invented- the Knicks. Think about that for a second- , not the LA LAkers, not the Golden State Warriors or Chicago Bulls or Miami Heat or Dallas Mavericks- or even your Washington Wizards (which--- are El Cheapo) all major markets. The CLEVELAND CAVALIERS. Thats because of one guy and one guy alone- self-made man Dan Gilbert.

How badly do you want LeBron to fail in LA-LA Land? Because if he was still in Cleveland you'd be kissing his ass daily.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You feeling confident about that Lakers/Cavs bet?

LOL.
cmon DJ - i ll bet you on the first Cavs/Lakers game this season if you do a Raiders/Browns bet.

Bro- the Raiders are at home and favored- nut up a little bit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How badly do you want LeBron to fail in LA-LA Land? Because if he was still in Cleveland you'd be kissing his ass daily.
see this is a tough one.

I dont want him to ruin his legacy there and shit the bed and like not make the playoffs- but i also dont want him to win a title.

its tough.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon DJ - i ll bet you on the first Cavs/Lakers game this season if you do a Raiders/Browns bet.

Maybe. The Raiders are favored but they are so likely to lose that game...you clearly haven't seen the Raiders play while the Browns should be 3-0.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I do make a bet it's going to be small potatoes....always are in the betting exchange.

Hey, you like the Injuns tonight? I like the White Sox. 2-1 odds?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rough estimate of lux. tax spending in the history of the league:

1. New York Knicks- 250M
2. Cleveland Cavaliers- 215M
3. Dallas Mavericks- 150M
4. Brooklyn Nets- 140M
5. LA LAkers - 125M
6. Portland Trailblazers- 90M
7. Miami Heat- 65M
8. Boston Celtics- 50M

hmmm....one of those things is not like the other- every team on their is a huge media market except for the Cavs and, to a certain extent, the Blazers (who- un-coincidentally- have Paul Allen as their owner)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I do make a bet it's going to be small potatoes....always are in the betting exchange.

Hey, you like the Injuns tonight? I like the White Sox. 2-1 odds?
whos pitching for the sox?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see this is a tough one.

I dont want him to ruin his legacy there and shit the bed and like not make the playoffs- but i also dont want him to win a title.

its tough.

So the answer to my question is yes.:heh: You're already setting him up to fail this year. Did you say anything less than the Finals is a bad season for him? I thought you did, if you didn't my bad.

As far as the playoffs, who knows? I said before the season started I can see the Lakers winning around 46 games. The Nuggets won 46 last year & still missed the playoffs. But if they miss the playoffs this year it won't hurt his legacy. Everyone knows they'll go after another big time FA next summer.

Personally I hope they lose as many games as possible. Hope that doesn't sound biased. Even though I'm being biased.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin aka Shane Bieber vs some kid name Jace Fry.
Fry is a reliever and actually just gonna pitch an inningor two

I think Bieber will pitch well- if you give me the link id do the bet.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the answer to my question is yes.:heh: You're already setting him up to fail this year. Did you say anything less than the Finals is a bad season for him? I thought you did, if you didn't my bad.

As far as the playoffs, who knows? I said before the season started I can see the Lakers winning around 46 games. The Nuggets won 46 last year & still missed the playoffs. But if they miss the playoffs this year it won't hurt his legacy. Everyone knows they'll go after another big time FA next summer.

Personally I hope they lose as many games as possible. Hope that doesn't sound biased. Even though I'm being biased.
i think LeBron set himself up to fail more than I ever possibly could. lol.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think LeBron set himself up to fail more than I ever possibly could. lol.

02598612234f656d98851a5215615543.gif

Just to see you go :exploding:I hope LeHollywood averages a trip-dub & becomes the 1st NBAers to win League MVP on 3 different teams.:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 187650

Just to see you go :exploding:I hope LeHollywood averages a trip-dub & becomes the 1st NBAers to win League MVP on 3 different teams.:D
i think that would be ideal for me- if LeBron won the MVP but then lost in the first round.

ID like LeBron to finish as the GOAT and he will go into the Hall as a Cav.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif