• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Danny this is Pop, listen we need Rozier and a few picks, you good with starting to talk serious?

Yeah Pop lets get a telecon going with my staff-yours

Click
Ring

Hey Magic, this is Pop, listen, we have a really really good offer from Danny, so can we up the Ingram/Kuzma/Ball deal to include 2 to 3 picks?

Uh Pop let me think about this
Click

All teams on cell phones: League sources say Danny and Pop are in final stages of a mega deal (Magic goes to poop)

Fire alarm

Hey Pop, this is Magic, lets start the ball rolling.............

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn't break anything. He entered the season unable to shoot. I am discussing 1780 minutes played over 52 games. You're projecting from 253 minutes over 14 games played. If can't acknowledge the huge difference, you're just trolling.

I'm confused at what you are trying to argue here. Do you think if Markelle Fultz had played 52 games instead of 14 games his stats would have been dramatically WORSE? I wasn't comparing Fultz to Ball because Ball's stats were so impressive.

You seem to want to argue that Ball is a better trade value simply because he played more games last year. That's a weird argument. BOTH of them showed some great promise in their games outside of shooting. They BOTH shot very poorly. Anyone that watched them both play would agree with that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because nobody knows what Fultz can do on the court. Sure Lonzo couldn't hit a bucket to save his life of hit an important FT but the rest of Lonzo's game is ahead of MF's. Right now if I gotta 1 or the other I'm taking LB.:gaah:

Two times, two times in 1 week I have sided w/ Lakers players (1 of which played @ dook).:rant: What the fuck is going on here!?!? @Mecca hellllppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except that isn't true. We DID see what Fulz could do. Despite not having any outside shot, he still put 14/6/7 with 2.5 turnovers per 36 minutes played(I used averaging stats since he was a bench player for the Sixers). He averaged nearly 2 steals a game as well.

Both Fultz and Ball need to develop an outside shot if they are ever going to be good players in the NBA. But they both still have great upsides.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id actually say Fultz and Ball are pretty even value wise all said and done. Why wouldn't they be?

Because Laker fans here are homers. Not all of them but a lot of them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on record as saying I think the LeBron is going to the Lakers.

That being said I don't believe trading Love is an indicator either way- as the assets they receive for Love could be used to get someone rather than rebuild. Obviously IT could be them trading Love because they think LeBron is gone and they are going into a rebuild- but I would be hesitant to say that is definitely what is happening. Assets from Love could be used for another deal theoretically. We will have to see if (i) Love is being dealt, and (ii) what is going back and (iii) if it sets up another move or is THE move to move towards rebuilding.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Laker fans here are homers. Not all of them but a lot of them.

Stfu. You're just jealous that Lonzo Ball is already better than Embiid and Simmons combined

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on record as saying I think the LeBron is going to the Lakers.

That being said I don't believe trading Love is an indicator either way- as the assets they receive for Love could be used to get someone rather than rebuild. Obviously IT could be them trading Love because they think LeBron is gone and they are going into a rebuild- but I would be hesitant to say that is definitely what is happening. Assets from Love could be used for another deal theoretically. We will have to see if (i) Love is being dealt, and (ii) what is going back and (iii) if it sets up another move or is THE move to move towards rebuilding.

I didn’t ‘say’ anything.
Just posted a follow up to what you had posted.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that isn't true. We DID see what Fulz could do. Despite not having any outside shot, he still put 14/6/7 with 2.5 turnovers per 36 minutes played(I used averaging stats since he was a bench player for the Sixers). He averaged nearly 2 steals a game as well.

Both Fultz and Ball need to develop an outside shot if they are ever going to be good players in the NBA. But they both still have great upsides.
this is my problem with Ball--- he is just an awful offensive player.

Ball can play solid defense. He has nice size. He has really great court vision. I still think if the draft was redone today he goes around maybe right outside the top 5. I think he is a solid player.

Having said that- his offense presents real problems. His shooting is the obvious one. A guard shooting less than 50% from the FT line is a red flag and is an indicator of a broken shot.

The other part of it that is just as, if not more concerning is his lack of athletic ability and ability to finish at the rim. Rubio and Rondo - guys Ball is often compared to- were bad outside shooters- REALLY bad- but they kept defenses honest because of their athletic ability and ability to finish at the rim.

No one respects Ball going to the rim. No one respects ball taking a shot. He is basically JUST a passer and not much of a threat at all to score. If you cant shoot- you better be able to finish at hte rim- if you cant finish at the rim you better be able to shoot. Kyrie is so great an offensive player because he EXCELS at both. Ball is very bad at both.

Fultz has a "broken" shot much in the same way Lonzo does- but Fultz has the athleticism and slickness and ball handling to be able to break down teams by getting to the rim and finishing in a way that Lonzo simply cant.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just looked his #'s up (b-ballref.com). Fultz played in 14 games. His averages were 7.1 ppg, 3.1 rebs, 3.8 asts. .406 from the field but an awful (for a SG) .476 from the FT line. But 14 games isn't nearly enough to really judge him yet. He's rookie year was incomplete.

I agree that both have great upsides though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only big trade I'm hoping for is LeBron going back to Miami & Whiteside ending up in Celevland. Now that would be awesome!

:peep:

I dont want LeBron without Tristan.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz has a "broken" shot much in the same way Lonzo does- but Fultz has the athleticism and slickness and ball handling to be able to break down teams by getting to the rim and finishing in a way that Lonzo simply cant.

Fultz's ballhandling is excellent. He has superior athleticism to Ball as well which, as you say, allows him to get to the rim with more frequency than Ball.

Ball has superior vision and is a better passer. But his jump shot needs to be good and not just average, IMO, for him to really elevate to the next level.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked his #'s up (b-ballref.com). Fultz played in 14 games. His averages were 7.1 ppg, 3.1 rebs, 3.8 asts. .406 from the field but an awful (for a SG) .476 from the FT line. But 14 games isn't nearly enough to really judge him yet. He's rookie year was incomplete.

I agree that both have great upsides though.

Yeah. You can't really extrapolate his numbers because the data set is too small. Honestly, it is hard to imagine his shooting numbers ever getting worse though.

If we are looking at their trade value, it is hard to argue that one is notably more valuable than the other.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id actually say Fultz and Ball are pretty even value wise all said and done. Why wouldn't they be?

Overall (if Fultz regains his shot), sure. They are very different players though.