• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because nobody knows what Fultz can do on the court. Sure Lonzo couldn't hit a bucket to save his life of hit an important FT but the rest of Lonzo's game is ahead of MF's. Right now if I gotta 1 or the other I'm taking LB.:gaah:

Two times, two times in 1 week I have sided w/ Lakers players (1 of which played @ dook).:rant: What the fuck is going on here!?!? @Mecca hellllppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's some sickening ass shit, huh?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team pretty much has two ball hogs so it is hard to say.

A is the only exception possibly
B has RW and Kobe
C no ball hogs but a lot of defense, the offense isn’t as great.
D Melo and MJ.

Steph while being the best shooter has a slight defensive disadvantage bc he can’t guard any of these PG’s. That really doesn’t have big factor.
If A had one more pure shooter instead of AI I would go them. Timmy, Shaq, KD and Wade is nasty.
If B didn’t have RW and had maybe Payton Or IT, I would probably go them. Kobe, Lebron, KG and Kareem is nasty too.

Mine is:

D and B TIE
A
C

LOL
^ This is actually some good Shit, Shane.

Solid points.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is my problem with Ball--- he is just an awful offensive player.

Ball can play solid defense. He has nice size. He has really great court vision. I still think if the draft was redone today he goes around maybe right outside the top 5. I think he is a solid player.

Having said that- his offense presents real problems. His shooting is the obvious one. A guard shooting less than 50% from the FT line is a red flag and is an indicator of a broken shot.

The other part of it that is just as, if not more concerning is his lack of athletic ability and ability to finish at the rim. Rubio and Rondo - guys Ball is often compared to- were bad outside shooters- REALLY bad- but they kept defenses honest because of their athletic ability and ability to finish at the rim.

No one respects Ball going to the rim. No one respects ball taking a shot. He is basically JUST a passer and not much of a threat at all to score. If you cant shoot- you better be able to finish at hte rim- if you cant finish at the rim you better be able to shoot. Kyrie is so great an offensive player because he EXCELS at both. Ball is very bad at both.

Fultz has a "broken" shot much in the same way Lonzo does- but Fultz has the athleticism and slickness and ball handling to be able to break down teams by getting to the rim and finishing in a way that Lonzo simply cant.

FT's dont change when you make it to the NBA.....he made 67% in college.

He only made 45% in the NBA but he only averaged 1.4 per game.

Pretty small sample size.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moldy? mold can fight gross bacteria - havent you ever heard of how penicillin was made? that moldy bread can fight diseases- like the tragic "benchside" disease.....you get this disease when you have a skill set that does not project to the modern game, and whine and complain about playing time and make yourself a distraction while your team is trying to win a playoff series! ;)

Sounds cornier and dumber then ever after having to play 18 games to get through the East, then get swept when it mattered and Tristan was a non factor.

#justsayin

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds cornier and dumber then ever after having to play 18 games to get through the East, then get swept when it mattered and Tristan was a non factor.

#justsayin
Tristan has been more of a factor in the playoffs then Whiteside ever has been or ever will be.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan has been more of a factor in the playoffs then Whiteside ever has been or ever will been.”

So fucking stupid considering he played all those seasons with LeBron vs what Whiteside went to battle with.
He beat out Perkins for minutes lol.

Is James leaving cause Gilbert is cheap or the talent around him is hot garbage?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

dont be mad Benchside turned into a 52M dollar paperweight

Me mad?
More like he mad, and rightfully so.

Anyway,

You’re a few days from a nice jersey bondfire and prob never being heard from again.

#enjoy

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz has to be considered damaged goods at this point. Dario and a mid-round 1st plus a 50% prospect is too much for a top 5 player in the league?

Covington has to be included because of his salary. My point was that the 76ers should not give up all 3 of the assets I mentioned, especially for a 1-year rental. 2 of those 3, plus other assets, is what the deal has to be based around.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me mad?
More like he mad, and rightfully so.

Anyway,

You’re a few days from a nice jersey bondfire and prob never being heard from again.

#enjoy

:lol:

Miami will win another title before Cleveland does.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FT's dont change when you make it to the NBA.....he made 67% in college.

He only made 45% in the NBA but he only averaged 1.4 per game.

Pretty small sample size.

@WiggyRuss's response:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz's ballhandling is excellent. He has superior athleticism to Ball as well which, as you say, allows him to get to the rim with more frequency than Ball.

Ball has superior vision and is a better passer. But his jump shot needs to be good and not just average, IMO, for him to really elevate to the next level.

Ball and Fultz really aren't much alike aside from the fact that they are both PGs and neither could shoot last year.

Both need to improve to live up to their potential, but at the moment it is pretty clear Lonzo has more value. After all, Fultz received a bunch of DNP coach's decisions in the playoffs. The reason, IMO is because Brown didn't trust his decision making. That is the one area where Lonzo Has a major advantage.

Fultz could easily wind up being the better player, but now Ball's value should be quite a bit higher. And I do think Fultz has significant value.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'd take Ball over Fultz too... by a fair margin... they both are works in progress, of course.

One thing that worried me about Fultz (aside from his shot, which is obvious) was the struggles he had to get his shot off at the rim... kid is quick and can get to the basket, but he was not getting good shots up when he got there.