• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball and Fultz really aren't much alike aside from the fact that they are both PGs and neither could shoot last year.

Both need to improve to live up to their potential, but at the moment it is pretty clear Lonzo has more value. After all, Fultz received a bunch of DNP coach's decisions in the playoffs. The reason, IMO is because Brown didn't trust his decision making. That is the one area where Lonzo Has a major advantage.

Fultz could easily wind up being the better player, but now Ball's value should be quite a bit higher. And I do think Fultz has significant value.

And because of Ball's decision making they really aren't that close at all. Since decision making is so important for a player at that particular position.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tobias Harris tweeted:

NBA Free Agency rumors or Drake’s album dropping tonight??
1f914.png
1f914.png
1f60e.png
1f60e.png

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Kings sign LaVine? Fox is their PG and Buddy/Bogi are the SG's. They need a small forward.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Ennis has been waived by the Lakers.

How does that work exactly? He was under contract for 1.6 million.

Do they just eat his contract?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they'll play him there?
If they want to play a guard at the 3 I'd rather just start Fox, Buddy, and Bogi together.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Kings sign LaVine? Fox is their PG and Buddy/Bogi are the SG's. They need a small forward.

Do you really want me to answer that?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want me to answer that?
No, I know the answer but still decided to ask. Nothing the FO does would really "shock" me.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I know the answer but still decided to ask. Nothing the FO does would really "shock" me.

how can you say that...?

Vlade's a wizard, a master, a grand virtuoso when it comes to wheeling and deali...

oh ok, fine. I'll stop now...:heh:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball and Fultz really aren't much alike aside from the fact that they are both PGs and neither could shoot last year.

Both need to improve to live up to their potential, but at the moment it is pretty clear Lonzo has more value. After all, Fultz received a bunch of DNP coach's decisions in the playoffs. The reason, IMO is because Brown didn't trust his decision making. That is the one area where Lonzo Has a major advantage.

Fultz could easily wind up being the better player, but now Ball's value should be quite a bit higher. And I do think Fultz has significant value.

That was a function of have only a handful of games under his belt. As you know playoff basketball is a very different game.

Seems a little unfair to say that Ball is better than Fultz when Ball was playing golf during the playoffs. What were the high leverage situations that Lonzo Ball played in?

I do think that Ball is a better playmaker than Fultz and his decision making may be better. But I don't think that Fultz getting DNP'd in the playoffs proves much of anything.

I'm fine with saying that Ball might have a bit more value. IMO, it would probably vary based on each individual team's assessment but I'm fine with that statement.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like Kanter and Thad Young both signed their offer sheets. Good moves for both of them as neither was going to get nearly as much on the open market.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to waive him this soon unless some serious shit was about to happen...

The next 48 hours is going to be wild!

His contract was going to become guaranteed once the new league season officially began. This just a formality that had to happen. I wish it indicated more, but that's all it is.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a function of have only a handful of games under his belt. As you know playoff basketball is a very different game.

Seems a little unfair to say that Ball is better than Fultz when Ball was playing golf during the playoffs. What were the high leverage situations that Lonzo Ball played in?

I do think that Ball is a better playmaker than Fultz and his decision making may be better. But I don't think that Fultz getting DNP'd in the playoffs proves much of anything.

I'm fine with saying that Ball might have a bit more value. IMO, it would probably vary based on each individual team's assessment but I'm fine with that statement.

I endorse the last paragraph. There are probably some teams that value MaFu higher than Ball. But that may be a function of that particular team just being low on Ball.