• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have ripped the Heat for years now over the Bosh signing, etc..
Cavs basically just replicated the move, which could lead them ( if they are even good enough) to the exact place you have claimed is the worst possible place to be.

But, now its all good since its the Cavs and not the Heat.

Too funny.
and as i said- one of the problems with the Cavs tanking this year is all the win-now vets they have.

How can you tank with Hill, Smith, TT, Korver, Love, etc. on the roster with little to no chance of moving those guys? No matter what the Cavs did this year they were going to be in a sort of limbo. But- if thats the price they had to pay to win a championship by completing the greatest comeback in nba history and going to 4 straight finals - then so be it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he is not 20 years old and already getting PRP injections in chronically hurt knees like Lonzo Ball.

Don't worry, plenty of 20 year olds that make a career out of jumping and cutting over and over and over again have knee surgery and PRP injections at the age of 20. Should be no problem......lol.

Again, who is talking about Lonzo?

This is literally your only move and its hilariously pathetic. Just keep mentioning other teams and players when your own organization is fucking up.

We're going to miss you around here when the cavs start having multiple 20 game losing streaks over the season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs basically just replicated the move, which could lead them ( if they are even good enough) to the exact place you have claimed is the worst possible place to be.

Too funny.
and as you said "if they are even good enough".

The roster is a crowded hodge-podge of players right now and it wont be sorted out till next summer. The thing that sucks is that all these vets are going to block what could be an interesting youth movement with guys like Sexton, Osman, Nance, Clarkson, Hood, etc.

But- its not like anyone is taking Hill or Smith or TT off their hands right now, and Smith and Hill will actually be fairly valuable trade assets next summer

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as i said- one of the problems with the Cavs tanking this year is all the win-now vets they have.

How can you tank with Hill, Smith, TT, Korver, Love, etc. on the roster with little to no chance of moving those guys? No matter what the Cavs did this year they were going to be in a sort of limbo. But- if thats the price they had to pay to win a championship by completing the greatest comeback in nba history and going to 4 straight finals - then so be it.

And how is that any different then when James left here?
Yet, you ripped the Bosh signing.
Healthy Bosh >> Love.
Nobody knew he had a career ending illness.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too funny.
*Ummmm, errrrrrrrr, various sounds of hesitation *

tenor.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will give you your due...

It was worth it to win that Championship.

But, this is no different than the Bosh situation.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're not really win now vets if they don't actually have starter value. Outside of Love, the other guys you mentioned would all be backups across the NBA on good teams. So basically you have one all-star and roster of bench players. They can easily tank.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because anytime you get the best player in the world in his age 34 season, what you want to do is surround him with head cases on 1 year deals. lol.

One of the bad things about 1 year deals is that the guys are trying to get that next contract- and more often than not, getting that next contract is dependent on your stats. These guys know that the Lakers have very little to no interest in keeping them around long term.

imagine how that could play in the clubhouse- basically having it repeated in the media day after day that you are nothing but a stop-gap to the "real" guys that will be coming in next season. I am sure the likes of Stephenson, McGee, Rondo, Beasley, KCP will take it REALLY well and commit themselves to an unselfish team concept from a team that has already publicly admitted that they will go big game hunting next offseason since these guys are not in their long term plans. No way do they hunt stats in order to get themselves paid next offseason. lol
Or they see what is being said and come in with a "Us vs the world mentality" and want to prove the doubters wrong.

Listen, I'm not predicting a title or even a WCF berth. But, a 50 win season and 2nd round appearance is possible.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too funny.
This

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he is not 20 years old and already getting PRP injections in chronically hurt knees like Lonzo Ball.

Don't worry, plenty of 20 year olds that make a career out of jumping and cutting over and over and over again have knee surgery and PRP injections at the age of 20. Should be no problem......lol.
Sure, because a concussion prone PF/C with a habitually broken back is a much better scenario at that salary. :L

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not really win now vets if they don't actually have starter value. Outside of Love, the other guys you mentioned would all be backups across the NBA on good teams. So basically you have one all-star and roster of bench players. They can easily tank.
The best they can hope for, as currently constructed, is a Season similar to last year's version of the Clippers.

Mildly entertaining.

I could be wrong....But, I don't see them making the playoffs unless Sexton goes Donovan Mitchell, Clarkson or Hood goes Olidipo or Cj McCollum, a major trade, or serious injury to a team ahead of them.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best they can hope for, as currently constructed, is a Season similar to last year's version of the Clippers.

Mildly entertaining.

I could be wrong....But, I don't see them making the playoffs unless Sexton goes Donovan Mitchell, Clarkson or Hood goes Olidipo or Cj McCollum, a major trade, or serious injury to a team ahead of them.
I see them 9-10th in the EC.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys finished a full 6 games ahead of the Heat last year. You lost Lebron, the best player in the world, you haven't gotten any better on offense and your defense will still be atrocious. You think Lebron only made you 6 games better than the Heat?
Fear the Sexton Osman domination!

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me.....aren't you the guy who said chasing the 7-8 seed and getting bounced in the 1st round is where no team should want to be?
That must have been some other @WiggyRuss