• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares as long as the ratings are high...

That might have been Magic's point.

While I like a few of the signings....I agree. It's for 1 year. Magic may have told James take a "season off" and we'll go fishing next summer.

Gotta think the Lakers will be on TNT and ESPN a lot.

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets do it!

terms?

Whomever has more wins at the end of the regular season wins.

If Heat has more wins than the Cavs: I win
If the Cavs has more wins than the Heat: You win

Doesn't matter if trades/injuries happen. No excuses.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like a few of the signings....I agree. It's for 1 year. Magic may have told James take a "season off" and we'll go fishing next summer.

because anytime you get the best player in the world in his age 34 season, what you want to do is surround him with head cases on 1 year deals. lol.

One of the bad things about 1 year deals is that the guys are trying to get that next contract- and more often than not, getting that next contract is dependent on your stats. These guys know that the Lakers have very little to no interest in keeping them around long term.

imagine how that could play in the clubhouse- basically having it repeated in the media day after day that you are nothing but a stop-gap to the "real" guys that will be coming in next season. I am sure the likes of Stephenson, McGee, Rondo, Beasley, KCP will take it REALLY well and commit themselves to an unselfish team concept from a team that has already publicly admitted that they will go big game hunting next offseason since these guys are not in their long term plans. No way do they hunt stats in order to get themselves paid next offseason. lol

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last time someone -and by someone I mean me- said LBJ would be taking the season off all hell broke lose, right @Shaqdaddy11?

:behindsofa:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a terrible look for the spurs

giphy.gif

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the VERY LEAST this increases his trade value.

As we saw in Miami, Boston, Cleveland, OKC, etc....having that first piece, is essential to drawing other pieces in. Compared to what many of the other high profile free agents will receive this summer, this is a solid deal. Love's game should age well with his shooting and rebounding, and passing- and the fact that he was never a high flyer and got int done with athleticism in the first place.

Obviously this PROBABLY precludes them from tanking, but could clear enough room to add another major piece if they can get rid of Korver and Clarkson.

Plus, teams that strike out in free agency next year could come calling for a trade if it comes to that.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................................itll be interesting to see where this goes. I am sure Love wanted the security, and the Cavs wanted to lock up their lone remaining all star caliber player as- on a 1 year deal he had limited value anyway.

Another FA off the market next year.

You have ripped the Heat for years now over the Bosh signing, etc..
Cavs basically just replicated the move, which could lead them ( if they are even good enough) to the exact place you have claimed is the worst possible place to be.

But, now its all good since its the Cavs and not the Heat.

Too funny.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad contract for him. That roughly works out at $1m a game with his injury prone ass.
At least he is not 20 years old and already getting PRP injections in chronically hurt knees like Lonzo Ball.

Don't worry, plenty of 20 year olds that make a career out of jumping and cutting over and over and over again have knee surgery and PRP injections at the age of 20. Should be no problem......lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have ripped the Heat for years now over the Bosh signing, etc..
Cavs basically just replicated the move, which could lead them ( if they are even good enough) to the exact place you have claimed is the worst possible place to be.

But, now its all good since its the Cavs and not the Heat.

Too funny.
In some ways I totally agree with your post- all though- the Heat were pretty much devoid of young talent and draft picks by the time LeBron left.

The Cavs have a lot more young talent and picks at their disposal than the Heat did.

And if you remember- i never said the Heat should have let Bosh go. Signing Bosh was not the problem. Anytime you have an all star talent like that you sign him- but if I were them I would have done a sign and trade and rebuilt at that time.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2.4 million for Melo? Seems a bit low for him.