• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I visibly recoiled until I saw this.

I don't know if it increases, or decreases, his worth as a trade chip by being on a long-term deal.

But, they still have room to play with next Summer.

If they strike out, massive space the following...

Nobody I'd killing themselves to go to a post LeBron Cleveland.

So, they took their shot, even if it rims out.

Bobby Marks: Even with the Kevin Love extension, Cleveland is still projecting to have close to $70M in cap space during the summer of 2020 to reshape the roster. Cap space for Cleveland next summer could be in the $25M range if George Hill, Kyle Korver and JR Smith are waived next offseason. All 3 have partially guaranteed contracts. Love will have a six-month trade restriction by signing the new extension.
Cavs already seem to be moving on from Korver from the Sixers rumors I heard.

If they could get rid of Korver, and Clarkson, they all of a sudden have a TON of cap room next offseason, and I certianly think that is possible. Getting a team to take 1 year at 13M for Clarkson is definitely reasonable. TT is the one that really clogs things up- though- with only 1 year remaining he could be stretched if there was a good reason for it.

All though- I am kinda interested to see how TT performs this season as he is right now in the middle of his prime and should get some opportunities.

I mean- seeing how some team are spending money- id much rather have love at 30 million a year than say James Johnson and Waiters like on the Heat, or Tim Hardaway Jr., or any number of Blazers, or Batum on the Hornets. etc. etc. etc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could easily ship Russell to the Magic or Suns....
the Knicks and Nets will be looking to shed some bad contracts and giving up assets to do so.

Those might be good landing spots for free agents. And if by helping the Nets or Knicks open up loads of cap space ends up screweing over the Lakers and adding some draft capital to the Cavs- I am sure that ole Dan G. would not be toooooo sad about it. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could easily ship Russell to the Magic or Suns....
also, with the Cavs, I would ASSUME that Hood will be back for around 10M a year and that they will give Nance Jr. an extension of around 10M a year....so take that out of any cap room for next year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they could get rid of Korver, and Clarkson, they all of a sudden have a TON of cap room next offseason, and I certianly think that is possible. Getting a team to take 1 year at 13M for Clarkson is definitely reasonable. TT is the one that really clogs things up- though- with only 1 year remaining he could be stretched if there was a good reason for it.

All though- I am kinda interested to see how TT performs this season as he is right now in the middle of his prime and should get some opportunities.

I mean- seeing how some team are spending money- id much rather have love at 30 million a year than say James Johnson and Waiters like on the Heat, or Tim Hardaway Jr., or any number of Blazers, or Batum on the Hornets. etc. etc. etc.
Dude, it's crazy to say this about a guy so young...

But, Tristan is cooked.

He was cooked the minute he procreated with a Kar-trashian.

Plus, can his vertical leap even clear a skateboard these days?

Seriously, LeBron was to Tristan what Nash was to Shawn Marion....he made that dude look much better than he actually was...

Ffs....we thought JJ Hickson was a player when he was next to Bron.....lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhhhhhhh..............the Lakers are a circus.
Stephenson, McGee, Beasley, Rondo, Ball? lol....Barnum and Baily's Presents the LA Lakers!

DJ...cmon, ill even give you another game....51.5 over under on Lakers wins. I am giving you BETTER odds than Vegas here.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, with the Cavs, I would ASSUME that Hood will be back for around 10M a year and that they will give Nance Jr. an extension of around 10M a year....so take that out of any cap room for next year.
If you get hood for 10 mil that's a win.

But, after the Smart signing, do you really see that?

Gotta give him Clarkson money...imo

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, it's crazy to say this about a guy so young...

But, Tristan is cooked.

He was cooked the minute he procreated with a Kar-trashian.

Plus, can his vertical leap even clear a skateboard these days?

Seriously, LeBron was to Tristan what Nash was to Shawn Marion....he made that dude look much better than he actually was...

Ffs....we thought JJ Hickson was a player when he was next to Bron.....lol
WE shall see. Once he was motivated he looked pretty springy in the playoffs. And Thompson was basically a double double guy before LeBron ever go to Cleveland at the age of 22.

I am not holding out hope for some miraculous turnaround, but taking away all the drama and the spotlight that has been on the team the last few years, and giving him responsibility may have a positive effect. We saw at hte very least that when he is motivated and playing hard he can still play some D and grab some boards.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get good for 10 mil that's a win.

But, after the Smart signing, do you really see that?

Gotta give him Clarkson money...imo
who else is going to outbid them? Maybe the Kings? Smart is a better overall player than Hood. And Hood did not exactly help himself out by refusing to enter that playoff game and shitting all over himself in the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally disagree. I believe that Love's value just was increased astronomically.

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are.

...and the world will be watching.

To laugh or to cheer.

Who cares as long as the ratings are high...

That might have been Magic's point.
LeBron put his hands in the future of a first time head coach and first time front office and thus far, if you ask me, the results have been positively terrible.

When LeBron was interviewed after the Finals he said, more than anything, he wanted to play with cerebral players.

The Lakers proceed to sign Michael Beasley, Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, JaVale Mcgee, KCP for a combined 30+ million dollars. lol.

Especially considering Balls injury issues, and shooting struggles, and the lack of depth and toughness in the front court, I think that the under of Vegas' 52.5 win prediction is a very good bet. DJ thinks the under too as he told me he would have to be crazy to take that over.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except, Love is getting 30 million per......Johnson and Waiters aren't.....it's combined.....are you a fan of the new math?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I visibly recoiled until I saw this.

I don't know if it increases, or decreases, his worth as a trade chip by being on a long-term deal.

But, they still have room to play with next Summer.

If they strike out, massive space the following...

Nobody I'd killing themselves to go to a post LeBron Cleveland.

So, they took their shot, even if it rims out.

Bobby Marks: Even with the Kevin Love extension, Cleveland is still projecting to have close to $70M in cap space during the summer of 2020 to reshape the roster. Cap space for Cleveland next summer could be in the $25M range if George Hill, Kyle Korver and JR Smith are waived next offseason. All 3 have partially guaranteed contracts. Love will have a six-month trade restriction by signing the new extension.
Given his history of being injury prone at the worst times, I think this hurts his value in terms of trade value. I'm not sure which teams would be willing to take on that contract with more than 1 year remaining if he has to be traded - at which point he will be old.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE shall see. Once he was motivated he looked pretty springy in the playoffs. And Thompson was basically a double double guy before LeBron ever go to Cleveland at the age of 22.

I am not holding out hope for some miraculous turnaround, but taking away all the drama and the spotlight that has been on the team the last few years, and giving him responsibility may have a positive effect. We saw at hte very least that when he is motivated and playing hard he can still play some D and grab some boards.

6.2ppg and 6rpg in 22mpg.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Knicks and Nets will be looking to shed some bad contracts and giving up assets to do so.

Those might be good landing spots for free agents. And if by helping the Nets or Knicks open up loads of cap space ends up screweing over the Lakers and adding some draft capital to the Cavs- I am sure that ole Dan G. would not be toooooo sad about it. lol.
Every time I read your tag line at the bottom of your profile it makes me chuckle.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron put his hands in the future of a first time head coach and first time front office and thus far, if you ask me, the results have been positively terrible.

When LeBron was interviewed after the Finals he said, more than anything, he wanted to play with cerebral players.

The Lakers proceed to sign Michael Beasley, Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson, JaVale Mcgee, KCP for a combined 30+ million dollars. lol.

Especially considering Balls injury issues, and shooting struggles, and the lack of depth and toughness in the front court, I think that the under of Vegas' 52.5 win prediction is a very good bet. DJ thinks the under too as he told me he would have to be crazy to take that over.
I mean, they haven't played a game yet...lol

I don't see them winning a Championship.

But, having Lebron puts them firmly in a playoff spot.

Historically, that's not a very Laker-like ceiling.

But, they have been awful for half a decade.

So, baby steps....

If the kiddie corps don't make huge strides next Season...

Or

If they don't get LeBron legit help next off-season....

Then I'll be ready to give them the business.

They aren't winning anything this year.

Everyone , including LeBron, knows that.

So, 1st time coach, GM, Lavar Ball.....

No of that really matters.