• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have an open roster spot after trading Beasley and Zubac for Muscala......I wonder how they fill that spot? Probably getting a player that gets bought out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In @WiggyRuss defense, it is a shit show. He came to a young team that was building and understood that there would be a process. In a 4 month span it seems he got fed up and his team (whether not actively said by Lebron, but lead by Rich Paul) decided to put pressure on the Lakers to try to win now. When it wasn't their plan from the start.

Lebron has created unnecessary drama in his first year with the team when in actuality much of what has taken place the last few weeks could have easily been hashed out over the summer. They'd have a clearer picture of the free agent market. They could properly assess which pieces fit and didn't fit with Lebron and create an actual plan going forward.

Instead this has much the same feel it did in Cleveland where we know he was pulling strings getting guys on and off the team. Same situation, just different location. I'm not familiar but I know I gave Lebron shit for that during his Cleveland time. I gotta be consistent and give him shit for it now.
yah

i mean

unless you think its total coincedence that LeBron's childhood friend and agent- that Davis just hired- comes out with a public trade demand trying to get him to the Lakers- that they orchestrate Davis' dad saying that his son doesnt want to play in Boston for some half ass reason like they treated poor seriously injured ISiah Thomas poorly, that they leaked he wanted to go to LA and only LA

that in the last game the Lakers played the young players looked shell shocked since LeBrons agent is trying to get them all traded for a superstar and rapidly increasing the Lakers time table, that everyone knows all this so much so that the opposing crowd is actually chanting "LEBRONS GONNA TRADE YOU"----

and that LeBron suffers the worst loss of his 15+ year career that same night.

lets be candid and say what probably happened------ Magic was okay waiting for the offseason to get another big time player.

LeBron got impatient- has the Anthony Davis comments in December- his agent- that is LeBrons child hood friend comes out of nowhere with a public trade demand that is against the rules and does everything he can to try and get the Pelcians to trade him to the Lakers.

Magic figures the cat is out of the bag- i gotta do something- and tries to make the deal- both to keep LeBron happy, and because all of a sudden Davis is trying to get shipped to LA- its not on Magic's time frame that he planned- but it got dumped in his lap.

The Pelicans- justfiiably so- get pissed- Davis has 18 months left on his contract- its in the middle of the freaking season- they play possum with the Lakers- make sure all the young guys know that they are being shopped to spite the Lakers- and then make insane trade demands like 4 first rounders and 4 second rounders and then refuse to even engage in phone calls

LeBron and Rich Paul that they could force the Pelicans hand- and get LeBron a top 5 player in the NBA- Magic played along- probably unwillingly at first, but at some point had to go balls out because the cat was out of the bag- and what happens happens.

No trade was ever close to happening- all the young guys are damaged by having their names in trade rumors, the whole rebuilding process was sped up by LeBrons impatience- and all it ended up doing was ostracizing his teammates.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is LeBron going to trade next?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have an open roster spot after trading Beasley and Zubac for Muscala......I wonder how they fill that spot? Probably getting a player that gets bought out.
still wondering how the Cavs trades "saved" Gilbert money when it really cost him tens upon tens of millions of dollars DJ. LOL

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets be candid and say what probably happened------ Magic was okay waiting for the offseason to get another big time player.

This 100%.

I mean if you think about all the moves the Lakers made this past off-season, they signed a bunch of free agents of questionable fit, but what's the one thing they all had in common? All of them took 1 year deals. That means the Lakers from the get go had an idea that next season was going to be their time to shine in off-season. It gave them financial flexibility and it would allow their younger guys to grow into their roles and see what can be done with this roster and Lebron.

Lebron additionally signed a 4 year deal. There's virtually no chance that Magic/Pelinka and Lebron did not have a conversation previous to this about the future direction of the team.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Carmelo Anthony to the Lakers with all the problems they already have is golden! :D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 100%.

I mean if you think about all the moves the Lakers made this past off-season, they signed a bunch of free agents of questionable fit, but what's the one thing they all had in common? All of them took 1 year deals. That means the Lakers from the get go had an idea that next season was going to be their time to shine in off-season. It gave them financial flexibility and it would allow their younger guys to grow into their roles and see what can be done with this roster and Lebron.

Lebron additionally signed a 4 year deal. There's virtually no chance that Magic/Pelinka and Lebron did not have a conversation previous to this about the future direction of the team.
exactly

and i was told time and time again- it will be different here- LeBron wont be impatient- he knows what he is getting into

and predicatably- LEBron was not patient- LeBron tried to get the whole team traded --- and totally disregarded Magic's time line that LeBron voluntarily signed onto.

Now Rich Paul has galvanized the small market teams against the Lakers even more than they already were--- and totally pissed off all the youngsters that the Lakers have invested so much time and draft capital in developing.

All becuase LeBron really thought Davis should be able to pick whatever team he wants to go to even though Davis had 18 months left on a contract that he VOLUNTARILY signed and LeBron really wanted to play with another big time all star like he has for the last 8 years.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Carmelo Anthony to the Lakers with all the problems they already have is golden! :D

Adding another guy that can't shoot and doesn't play defense is just what they need! lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its almost like its a bizarro NBA 2k

what would happen if you had LeBron and put him with Carmelo, Rondo, Lonzo Ball and his dad, Stephenson, KCP, JaVale Mcgee, etc...lol

it will DEFINITELY be entertaining that much is certain.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite simply LeBron chose the wrong franchise if his concern was winning a title this year.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly

and i was told time and time again- it will be different here- LeBron wont be impatient- he knows what he is getting into

and predicatably- LEBron was not patient- LeBron tried to get the whole team traded --- and totally disregarded Magic's time line that LeBron voluntarily signed onto.

Now Rich Paul has galvanized the small market teams against the Lakers even more than they already were--- and totally pissed off all the youngsters that the Lakers have invested so much time and draft capital in developing.

All becuase LeBron really thought Davis should be able to pick whatever team he wants to go to even though Davis had 18 months left on a contract that he VOLUNTARILY signed and LeBron really wanted to play with another big time all star like he has for the last 8 years.

tenor.gif

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This 100%.

Most people understand this.

Some don't.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than 50.

Jimmy is getting the max or he's out.

Harris has to get close to the max or he could walk too.

I have no doubt that @HurricaneDij39 is correct about the Pacers pursuing him

We may have lost any realistic opportunity at signing Harris on the day Oladipo went down, because frankly I worry that he might miss some time to begin next season as well.

The guy mentioned most to this point in Pacers rumors has been Khris Middleton. I'd be somewhat surprised if we got him as well. We'd likely have to blow him out of the water with an offer in order to prevent him from re-signing with the Bucks.

We'll take him, though.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD acting like a petulant child when he signs a short term deal.....LOL.

What does he expect to happen? Grow up? Sounds like KD should, the reporters are doing their job and asking their questions.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have lost any realistic opportunity at signing Harris on the day Oladipo went down, because frankly I worry that he might miss some time to begin next season as well.

The guy mentioned most to this point in Pacers rumors has been Khris Middleton. I'd be somewhat surprised if we got him as well. We'd likely have to blow him out of the water with an offer in order to prevent him from re-signing with the Bucks.

We'll take him, though.

I really think your opportunity to land Harris took a hit once some major teams like the Knicks and Mavs cleared a shit ton of cap space. There are going to be a few teams that are going to miss out on the biggest free agents and they're going to throw probably some big contracts around. I think overall that's a bigger threat than Oladipo's injury and a chance to compete.