• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds a little more reasonable, but I would feel confident GS does not miss a beat with Butler instead of Klay. A sure thing? Maybe not, but not because of talent.

They absolutely suffer. It's the nature of their system. Butler's requires the ball in his hands to create. By giving him more ball in his hands time, it takes away from the effectiveness of Draymond and Steph. What the Warriors need is a knock down shooter, who also plays elite level defense. Klay fits that perfectly.

The Warriors are a perfect storm because every single working part they have was absolutely necessary. Swapping out Butler for Klay in a talent for talent situation might match, but stylistically they clash big time.

Styles and fit matters. Especially once you have established superstars.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They absolutely suffer. It's the nature of their system. Butler's requires the ball in his hands to create. By giving him more ball in his hands time, it takes away from the effectiveness of Draymond and Steph. What the Warriors need is a knock down shooter, who also plays elite level defense. Klay fits that perfectly.

The Warriors are a perfect storm because every single working part they have was absolutely necessary. Swapping out Butler for Klay in a talent for talent situation might match, but stylistically they clash big time.

Styles and fit matters. Especially once you have established superstars.
Don't disagree, but Not like Butler can't shoot. Tell me he wont fit in and wont play within the system? Then I agree. But just adding a talented player like him would not hurt if he bought in.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't disagree, but Not like Butler can't shoot. Tell me he wont fit in and wont play within the system? Then I agree. But just adding a talented player like him would not hurt if he bought in.

It would hurt a lot.

Klay and Steph ARE the system. KD is great and he helps because he is great, but he can strain the system at times too because he needs the ball in his hands more than the others do.

Butler is not nearly as good off the ball as Klay and he isn't a facilitate first player either. The system would be unrecognizable if you substituted Klay for Butler. Butler also has a selfish streak that just doesn't exist with Klay.

I think you are underestimating just how valuable Klay's game is. And probably a huge part of that is because he doesn't demand the spotlight like Butler does.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

If we are defining the "better player" by who wins a game of 1 on 1, then I take Butler every time. But in a 5 on 5 game Klay is everything Butler isn't. And I do think Jimmy Butler is a very good player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

If we are defining the "better player" by who wins a game of 1 on 1, then I take Butler every time. But in a 5 on 5 game Klay is everything Butler isn't. And I do think Jimmy Butler is a very good player.
And as I keep saying I don't necessarily disagree. If you can't get Butler to play in the system then I'd go with Klay. Though we also don't know how he'd react in a system that wasn't perfect for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would hurt a lot.

Klay and Steph ARE the system. KD is great and he helps because he is great, but he can strain the system at times too because he needs the ball in his hands more than the others do.

Butler is not nearly as good off the ball as Klay and he isn't a facilitate first player either. The system would be unrecognizable if you substituted Klay for Butler. Butler also has a selfish streak that just doesn't exist with Klay.

I think you are underestimating just how valuable Klay's game is. And probably a huge part of that is because he doesn't demand the spotlight like Butler does.
If that's true - and I'm not even sure I don't agree with this - you are pretty much saying coaching doesn't matter. You think there's not something Kerr could come up with if he had Butler and not Klay? Again, this does assume Butler would buy in. If he doesn't all bets are off.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You picked up bench players who can shoot at the deadline. This couldn't get any worse unless you add Melo. But you do have Lebron so LOL

Picked up a bench player who can shoot for bench players who can't shoot.

How did it get worse?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true - and I'm not even sure I don't agree with this - you are pretty much saying coaching doesn't matter. You think there's not something Kerr could come up with if he had Butler and not Klay? Again, this does assume Butler would buy in. If he doesn't all bets are off.

I am not saying coaching doesn't matter. It does.

But, the Jimmys and the Joe's matter a lot more than the XS And Os in the NBA.

Also, Kerr is the same coach who got his ass kicked by Ty Lue in 2016.

Lastly, if Butler were in this year's Warrior team instead of Klay, I still think the win. But it wouldn't be the forgone conclusion it is now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did it get worse?
I don't think it got worse, but I cannot imagine the abuse Gilbert and the Cavs' FO would take if Lebron was here, AD said he wanted to be moved and it seemed like we were the #1 choice.......and we ended up with Bullock and Muscala. all because we didn't have enough to show for all our high picks over the last half decade or so.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying coaching doesn't matter. It does.

But, the Jimmys and the Joe's matter a lot more than the XS And Os in the NBA.

Also, Kerr is the same coach who got his ass kicked by Ty Lue in 2016.

Lastly, if Butler were in this year's Warrior team instead of Klay, I still think the win. But it wouldn't be the forgone conclusion it is now.
don't disagree at all about the coaching. All those who ripped Ty Lue ignored he spanked Kerr in 2016 and has never lost a series to Brad Stevens.

will just have to agree to disagree about the last comment you made.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it got worse, but I cannot imagine the abuse Gilbert and the Cavs' FO would take if Lebron was here, AD said he wanted to be moved and it seemed like we were the #1 choice.......and we ended up with Bullock and Muscala. all because we didn't have enough to show for all our high picks over the last half decade or so.

What exactly did Magic and Pelinka do wrong? Did they not offer everyone (reportedly) not called Lebron, including multiple first rounders?

This came down to something very simple: The pelicans think they can get a better package from Boston in the summer.

I personally don't think they will but good luck to them with that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since 2008 you've rooted for the Heat, Twolves, Suns, Rockets, Bucks, Knicks, Lakers & now the Clippers. I do give you credit for being the lone person on the Beasley Bandwagon.

Just for shits & giggles though I hope Beasley plays for @ least 6 more teams before his career's over.:D

just kidding

Me to cause that means hes still in the league.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly did Magic and Pelinka do wrong? Did they not offer everyone (reportedly) not called Lebron, including multiple first rounders?

This came down to something very simple: The pelicans think they can get a better package from Boston in the summer.

I personally don't think they will but good luck to them with that.
What did they do wrong the last few days? Nothing. It was the last half decade or so when they weren't able to keep Randle or Russell and didn't get anything that would entice NO in all the other high picks they had.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We added Muscala and Bullock.....

Nothing major but there rotation guys and they can both shoot the 3.....
care to explain to us how you said the Cavs are "saving money" with the trades they have made? LOL

just unreal.

I gotta give ya credit though- at least your are consistently wrong.

I still cannot believe you actually said that Gilbert is acting cheap and saving money with the trades the Cavs have made when the EXACT TOTAL OPPOSITE is true.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did it get worse?

Well doing nothing with nothing when you have Lebron is getting worse. Every team that he has been on they have made moves for Lebron. It's midway through the first season but if they don't get out of the 1st round they better be doing something this offseason or Lebron is going to go apeshit. Can't really fault the Lakers, they just sucked in the draft, as well with trades the last couple seasons and then the players they picked up in the offseason were pretty much terrible fits for the team on one year rentals.
This season is pretty much in books...that's honestly the first time I thought that since early in his Cavs days.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did they do wrong the last few days? Nothing. It was the last half decade or so when they weren't able to keep Randle or Russell and didn't get anything that would entice NO in all the other high picks they had.

D'Lo had to be included in the trade with the Nets to get rid of the Mosgov contract. Which meant they had enough money to land Lebron. Mosgov was also signed by Kupchak, not Magic.

You are aware Magic has only been in change for 2 years, right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well doing nothing with nothing when you have Lebron is getting worse. Every team that he has been on they have made moves for Lebron. It's midway through the first season but if they don't get out of the 1st round they better be doing something this offseason or Lebron is going to go apeshit. Can't really fault the Lakers, they just sucked in the draft, as well with trades the last couple seasons and then the players they picked up in the offseason were pretty much terrible fits for the team on one year rentals.
This season is pretty much in books...that's honestly the first time I thought that since early in his Cavs days.

Wow.

This basically screams "I'm still salty Lebron left Cleveland"

'The season is pretty much in the books' but the Lakers are literally 3 games behind the 6th seed. This is just getting pathetic from the cavs fans.

How about you just grab a tissue and cry me another river.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs were always able to deliver help to LeBron at the trade deadline.

Honestly- I dont even think Bullock or Muscala should be in the playoff rotation for a team that has real aspirations.

The Lakers already had a fairly deep roster- who does Bullock play over? Stephenson? Rondo? KCP?

Nothing I have seen from Magic leads me to believe he knows what he is doing. He got played by the Pelicans.

LeBron just suffered the worst loss of his ENTIRE CAREER a few nights ago, the Lakers are currently in 10th place, have a roster full of shell-shocked under-acheiving youngsters and picked up guys that should be fringe playoff rotation guys at best.