• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pretty much call them even and also say not even close.

You are fighting with yourself. I'll sit back and watch.

You have to do a better job reading.

I said Klay and Butler are close. But I am taking Klay in most situations for chemistry reasons.

Tobias Harris and Klay, not close. Klay is a lot better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody stays in Cleveland.
Hi.....

th

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wanted a max deal, it was pretty much LA, Cleveland of Philly. Likely the team you see here now is a tad different with a commitment from Lebron.

surprisingly before he bailed outta Cleveland I assumed Philly was gonna be his next stop...

too bad I was wrong...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to do a better job reading.

I said Klay and Butler are close. But I am taking Klay in most situations for chemistry reasons.

Tobias Harris and Klay, not close. Klay is a lot better.
seems in first comment on this you said it was not close. Make up your mind. Agree chemistry might make a difference, but Butler is more talented.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is the PERFECT complement to Steph Curry because he is a high quality defender and excellent shooter which creates a ton of space for their offense.

I'm not entirely sure that he would be viewed the same on another team. If he played for the Rockets or Celtics his general lack of shot creation might be considered more of a negative.

He would fit perfectly on the Rockets. Couldn't even imagine a better fit with Harden.

Celtics too. Don't know why he would not need to create there either.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surprisingly before he bailed outta Cleveland I assumed Philly was gonna be his next stop...

too bad I was wrong...
My first thought too. I figured winning would be his #1 priority and if he left Philly made more sense. And really did not see any way he'd go near Lavar.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have 2 open roster spots, I wonder who they got after in the buyout market. They discussed a Kanter trade previously but idk if his rebounding is worth no defense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would fit perfectly on the Rockets. Couldn't even imagine a better fit with Harden.

I'm certainly not saying he's even close to being a bad player. He's a very good player, great in the right circumstances. Hell, replace JR on the cavs with Klay and I think the Cavs run away with the last 2 titles.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course he would be a good player anywhere he goes. The question is whether he would be so clearly a better player for those team than, say, Joe Ingles. A better defender certainly but I don't think their offense style would be as well suited with those teams.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wanted a max deal, it was pretty much LA, Cleveland of Philly. Likely the team you see here now is a tad different with a commitment from Lebron.
You said if he wanted to win. After 4 shots with that team I'm quite sure he knew they weren't getting past the Warriors ever again.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have 2 open roster spots, I wonder who they got after in the buyout market. They discussed a Kanter trade previously but idk if his rebounding is worth no defense.
Not playing defense doesn't seem to be a major impediment to playing for the Kings

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems in first comment on this you said it was not close. Make up your mind. Agree chemistry might make a difference, but Butler is more talented.

Please read it again.

I said very clearly that Butler and Klay were close.

Then, I said Harris was NOT in the same tier as the other 2.

But, I also see why it could be a little confusing because my phone autocorrected the "not" to "it"

Tobias is not on Klay's level.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And for the record, I agree Butler is more talented. Not by a lot though.

And Klay plays the most team friendly game ever while Butler stirs up locker room drama at every stop.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please read it again.

I said very clearly that Butler and Klay were close.

Then, I said Harris was NOT in the same tier as the other 2.

But, I also see why it could be a little confusing because my phone autocorrected the "not" to "it"

Tobias is not on Klay's level.
also possible I'm thinking of someone else who said Klay was far better than Butler which seems absurd to me.

I do think a team with plenty of playmakers who needs shooters, of course, would choose Klay over Butler.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh-oh....empty roster spot. Melo looms....

They just lost by over 40 to a Pacers team without their best player coming off a late back-to-back.

Something had/has to change.

I'm not happy to see Zubac go but at the end of the day he wasn't an integral piece of the puzzle. I liked the guy but LA was playing much better with Javale starting.

They got a really good shooter in Bullock too.

If Melo comes, he comes. At the very least he'd be more productive for this team than Beasley would.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not playing defense doesn't seem to be a major impediment to playing for the Kings
That's true, so he'd be a logical fit. But I still would prefer them to add some defense.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know where to put this, but I thought this was an awesome encompassing of the Warriors unselfishness. Cousins is looking to pass the ball here. You have both Steph and Klay wide open. And what are they both doing? They're both pointing at each other to tell Cousins the other is open and to pass their teammate the ball. This type of unselfishness is what makes me such a fan of this particular era.

Dy0Lg9TVYAAWI3K.jpg:large

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also possible I'm thinking of someone else who said Klay was far better than Butler which seems absurd to me.

I do think a team with plenty of playmakers who needs shooters, of course, would choose Klay over Butler.

Yeah that was probably me. I should have made a differentiator about how I valued them. Overall talent wise it's close. Overall value to a team, I'm taking Klay because he's the better complimentary player.

I don't see a situation in which Klay is a better #1 option than either Butler or Harris, but Klay is a superior #2 option to those guys by a pretty healthy margin, IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just lost by over 40 to a Pacers team without their best player coming off a late back-to-back.

Something had/has to change.

I'm not happy to see Zubac go but at the end of the day he wasn't an integral piece of the puzzle. I liked the guy but LA was playing much better with Javale starting.

They got a really good shooter in Bullock too.

If Melo comes, he comes. At the very least he'd be more productive for this team than Beasley would.

You picked up bench players who can shoot at the deadline. This couldn't get any worse unless you add Melo. But you do have Lebron so LOL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was probably me. I should have made a differentiator about how I valued them. Overall talent wise it's close. Overall value to a team, I'm taking Klay because he's the better complimentary player.

I don't see a situation in which Klay is a better #1 option than either Butler or Harris, but Klay is a superior #2 option to those guys by a pretty healthy margin, IMO.
sounds a little more reasonable, but I would feel confident GS does not miss a beat with Butler instead of Klay. A sure thing? Maybe not, but not because of talent.