• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said- i just think its funny that you respond to a post about Clemson/Alabama- a National Championship game that rocked the sports world with one of the biggest upsets out there---- and the first post you have is about the Lakers- a team you dont even root for. A post you made only because I occupy so much space in your head. I find that equal parts amusing/pathetic that you obsess over my posts so much. Esp. as a supposed GSW fan...youd think youd have bigger fish to fry but for the fact that i am in your head. Kind of flattering .lol....

Wait, are you repeating yourself again? It's like I don't even KNOW you!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers had to take out Lonzo because he is such a bad ft shooter. Entered the game at 43%. Will be at 41% after going 1-4 tonight.

But very good win for them. Lonzo and Ingram responded to Walton's criticism well.

They really did. But Lonzo and that free throw shooting...:L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Fields can be like Lawrence is to Clemson. Fields is a MUCH better athlete but I don't think he is as good as Lawrence at throwing the ball...I mean Lawrence looked damn good last night. He made precision passes and zero mistakes and he is a true freshman. But why shouldn't we expect the same from Fields? They were, I believe, the #4 and #5 highest touted recruited players of all-time. I can't wait to see Fields in this offense. Kinda sucks they will lose a lot of WR's in Campbell and probably Hill. There defense is going to look a lot better and hopefully all these coaches changes are for the better.
itll be interesting to see what Day can design for Fields....Martell is gonna push him though which should be good you would think.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on Day to win his first Michigan matchup though that is for sure. He can win every game and lose and lose that one and the season would be somewhat of a disaster.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 gotta say though- getting the former #1 overall recruit QB to transfer in after losing Haskins to the draft is a BIG win for Day. Its a big win for the talent, its a big win for the perception of him and the program going forward.

It really begins the process of changing the narrative from that of losing Meyer to seeing what the future can be. It should help recruiting, help Day's legitimacy...everyhting.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i was just posting reports that the Mavs, Hornets and Nuggets have all expressed interest, but we shall see.

I'm sure they are interested in. For the right price.

Suggesting, as Shane did, that the Hornets give up Monk and Bridges to get a guy who hasn't played a full season in 4 years and has 4 games under his belt this year is LOL silly.

I would be very surprised if Love gets traded before the deadlines unless the Cavs want to shed the contract. If he can come back and stay more or less healthy for the rest of the year, he will have a great deal more trade value in the offseason.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said- i just think its funny that you respond to a post about Clemson/Alabama- a National Championship game that rocked the sports world with one of the biggest upsets out there---- and the first post you have is about the Lakers- a team you dont even root for. A post you made only because I occupy so much space in your head. I find that equal parts amusing/pathetic that you obsess over my posts so much. Esp. as a supposed GSW fan...youd think youd have bigger fish to fry but for the fact that i am in your head. Kind of flattering .lol....

its impossible to deven deny it at this point--- you watch the NBA and think about the results as it would effect WiggyRuss on a sports website.!!! just think about that.
I can tell you don't think about me at all

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they are interested in. For the right price.

Suggesting, as Shane did, that the Hornets give up Monk and Bridges to get a guy who hasn't played a full season in 4 years and has 4 games under his belt this year is LOL silly.

I would be very surprised if Love gets traded before the deadlines unless the Cavs want to shed the contract. If he can come back and stay more or less healthy for the rest of the year, he will have a great deal more trade value in the offseason.
yah never know....esp. if the Cavs take back some bad money they might be able to get some assetes

i mean we just saw the Sixers give up Covington and Saric for the right to rent Jimmy Butler for a few months before he is a UFA.

Everyone ripped the Bulls haul for Butler 2 years ago- and now it looks like they did great.

A lot of people liked the Irving/Boston/Cavs trade at the time but it aged very badly. No one ripped the Sixers too much for trading up to take Fultz but that aged as absolutely awful.

you never know what is out there and what a team will do.

Say the hornets want to get off of Batum- they save money, and get a guy that helps keep Kemba there as a free agent in Love....that would certainly be worth some assets.

I think Love could be a very good fit with Jokic-- spread the floor, take advantage of Jokics passing ability, give the Nuggets some more rebouding....that could be a move that takes them from being a good team- to a team that could be the #2 team in the West and some bad golden state luck from making the Finals------ and Denver would without a doubt have a chance to beat a Boston or Toronto or milwaukee

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy will be riding the bench late in playoffs games if he doesn't get to 60% by end of regular season
if he is even on the team then

i suspect that LeBron will demand some moves at the deadline to get some help and its anyones guess who will be moved. The Lakers schedule is no joke.

I am sure they will find a buyout guy or two, but if they get an offer to add a guy like Beal they

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is worth pennies on the dollar unless he can show some semblance of health.

Paying someone 30 million to watch basketball isn't something most teams are interested. Maybe the Grizzlies are now that they are getting rid of Chandler Parson's contract.

Yeah, that's the thing with Love. There is no question that, when healthy, he can help a lot of teams. Heck, his 3 point shooting, rebounding and the fact that he can hit his damn free throws, would be a huge help for the Lakers.

But like you said, he hasn't shown that he can stay healthy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 gotta say though- getting the former #1 overall recruit QB to transfer in after losing Haskins to the draft is a BIG win for Day. Its a big win for the talent, its a big win for the perception of him and the program going forward.

It really begins the process of changing the narrative from that of losing Meyer to seeing what the future can be. It should help recruiting, help Day's legitimacy...everyhting.

Absolutely, not only that big win in recruiting but the thing Ohio St struggled with most he is trying to improve. Brought in the DB's coach from the 49ers and veteran scUM coach, they will be co-DC's. The other weak point, LB's, they could be getting Washington from scUM, a damn good LB's coach and recruiter. Great job so far making offseason changes by Day. I'm impressed

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy will be riding the bench late in playoffs games if he doesn't get to 60% by end of regular season

It's never good when a teams PG is a liability on the court late in games.

Yeah, his free throw shooting is more concerning to me than his shooting from the field. He can make up for that with his assists, rebounding and defense.

But, with his free throw shooting, he won't be able to play at the end of close games unless they can figure out a way to hide him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the thing with Love. There is no question that, when healthy, he can help a lot of teams. Heck, his 3 point shooting, rebounding and the fact that he can hit his damn free throws, would be a huge help for the Lakers.

But like you said, he hasn't shown that he can stay healthy.
I would be more concerned about his injuriees going forward if it was something chronic like CP3 has....something that is always going to be there and just never get better.

Love has had some bad luck- getting his shoulder torn out of his socket, stubbing his toe...

its not like he had a bad back that is going to just dengerate as time goes on. Its not like Kyrie's knee that has had 3 surgeries on it- or a crazy injury like Haywards or Cousins where a guy never truly recovers 100%.

Love is never going to win Iron Man awards like TT, but I dont see any injury that he has had that will limit him going forward or make it more likely he gets injured going forward- and thats at least a positive.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, his free throw shooting is more concerning to me than his shooting from the field. He can make up for that with his assists, rebounding and defense.

But, with his free throw shooting, he won't be able to play at the end of close games unless they can figure out a way to hide him.

Exactly. I think if he puts the right amount of time in his FT% can improve. But he has to be willing to do that before improvement is seen.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he is even on the team then

i suspect that LeBron will demand some moves at the deadline to get some help and its anyones guess who will be moved. The Lakers schedule is no joke.

I am sure they will find a buyout guy or two, but if they get an offer to add a guy like Beal they

Can't see them trading him in the next month. Lebron knows they're not supposed to be a contender this year and also have to remember they were 20-14 before he went down

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, not only that big win in recruiting but the thing Ohio St struggled with most he is trying to improve. Brought in the DB's coach from the 49ers and veteran scUM coach, they will be co-DC's. The other weak point, LB's, they could be getting Washington from scUM, a damn good LB's coach and recruiter. Great job so far making offseason changes by Day. I'm impressed
the defense really needs help--- but they of course had Bosa kind of quit on them, and also had a lot of other injuries.

The defense really needs to get back to being an OSU defense. Even if it is not like an amazing defense, it just cant give up so many big plays because of stupid mistakes.

So much of that stuff was coaching though--- i heard something on the radio that they gave up more plays over 70 yards this year than in like the last 10 years combined-- and a lot of that was guys just being out of position.

I mean- we do ahve to keep SOME perspective...the fucking team did win the Rose Bowl and finish #3 overall. lol......its good to be a Buckeye fan.