• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see them trading him in the next month. Lebron knows they're not supposed to be a contender this year and also have to remember they were 20-14 before he went down
when is the trade deadline?

I know they finish a brutal stretch of games on February 10th....how they do the next month will be very important.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense really needs help--- but they of course had Bosa kind of quit on them, and also had a lot of other injuries.

The defense really needs to get back to being an OSU defense. Even if it is not like an amazing defense, it just cant give up so many big plays because of stupid mistakes.

So much of that stuff was coaching though--- i heard something on the radio that they gave up more plays over 70 yards this year than in like the last 10 years combined-- and a lot of that was guys just being out of position.

I mean- we do ahve to keep SOME perspective...the fucking team did win the Rose Bowl and finish #3 overall. lol......its good to be a Buckeye fan.

There were long runs where basically due to scheme they had one and at best two players that could've conceivably made a tackle as the play developed. Their scheme against Purdue was criminal. By no means we're the linebackers good in terms of the usual OSU puts out but not that laughably bad.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when is the trade deadline?

I know they finish a brutal stretch of games on February 10th....how they do the next month will be very important.

It is before February 10th

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more concerned about his injuriees going forward if it was something chronic like CP3 has....something that is always going to be there and just never get better.

Love has had some bad luck- getting his shoulder torn out of his socket, stubbing his toe...

its not like he had a bad back that is going to just dengerate as time goes on. Its not like Kyrie's knee that has had 3 surgeries on it- or a crazy injury like Haywards or Cousins where a guy never truly recovers 100%.

Love is never going to win Iron Man awards like TT, but I dont see any injury that he has had that will limit him going forward or make it more likely he gets injured going forward- and thats at least a positive.

I don't know man. I agree that it isn't anything chronic or recurring and that's a positive. But this is his 11th season and he's only played in 70 or more games 5 times. So he may just be injury prone.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a haircut, you look like a girl Lawrence!

View attachment 195187
I love his hair p0-rn.

That Shit was shimmering.

If it wouldn't jeopardize his eligibility, head and shoulders, herbal essence and frutice would be offering him a endorsement deal as we speak.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah never know....esp. if the Cavs take back some bad money they might be able to get some assetes

i mean we just saw the Sixers give up Covington and Saric for the right to rent Jimmy Butler for a few months before he is a UFA.

Everyone ripped the Bulls haul for Butler 2 years ago- and now it looks like they did great.

A lot of people liked the Irving/Boston/Cavs trade at the time but it aged very badly. No one ripped the Sixers too much for trading up to take Fultz but that aged as absolutely awful.

you never know what is out there and what a team will do.

Say the hornets want to get off of Batum- they save money, and get a guy that helps keep Kemba there as a free agent in Love....that would certainly be worth some assets.

I think Love could be a very good fit with Jokic-- spread the floor, take advantage of Jokics passing ability, give the Nuggets some more rebouding....that could be a move that takes them from being a good team- to a team that could be the #2 team in the West and some bad golden state luck from making the Finals------ and Denver would without a doubt have a chance to beat a Boston or Toronto or milwaukee

I'm sure lots of teams would like to have Love on their team. And if he could show that he could stay healthy, there would likely be a strong market for him.

But not a lot of teams are going to be lining up to take on a guy whose healthy seems to be declining and who is still owed $100 million especially if that means giving up valuable assets.

Trades involve risk and sometimes you come out on the ass end of the trade. But that doesn't somehow make Love less risky.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love his hair p0-rn.

That Shit was shimmering.

If it wouldn't jeopardize his eligibility, head and shoulders, herbal essence and frutice would be offering him a endorsement deal as we speak.

Could you imagine if LeBron had Trevor's luxurious hair?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man. I agree that it isn't anything chronic or recurring and that's a positive. But this is his 11th season and he's only played in 70 or more games 5 times. So he may just be injury prone.
LeBron is an anomaly.

As a general rule, you don't get healthier as you get older.

There is a risk in investing long-term money in guys like Paul, Blake and Love.

They get numbers when they are on the court.

But, you have to be mindful that they are gonna miss time every Season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I think if he puts the right amount of time in his FT% can improve. But he has to be willing to do that before improvement is seen.

Yeah, I would expect that he works on them. I don't know if it's just in his head or if he doesn't shoot enough to ever develop a rhythm.

Maybe he needs to develop some kind of routine? Karl Malone was horrible until he started talking to himself or the ball or whoever he was talking to.

I heard that DeAndre Jordan's improvement this year is because he started barking at teammates or his bench to distract himself.

Maybe something like that? I don't know, but it has got to get better.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine if LeBron had Trevor's luxurious hair?
LeBron-James-80s-Hair.jpg

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure lots of teams would like to have Love on their team. And if he could show that he could stay healthy, there would likely be a strong market for him.

But not a lot of teams are going to be lining up to take on a guy whose healthy seems to be declining and who is still owed $100 million especially if that means giving up valuable assets.

Trades involve risk and sometimes you come out on the ass end of the trade. But that doesn't somehow make Love less risky.
He's in the Blake Griffin category.

You are risking your job if you take the gamble of trading for that deal.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is an anomaly.

As a general rule, you don't get healthier as you get older.

There is a risk in investing long-term money in guys like Paul, Blake and Love.

They get numbers when they are on the court.

But, you have to be mindful that they are gonna miss time every Season.

Exactly. Love is only 30. Missing as many games as he has, doesn't bode well for him as he gets older.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would expect that he works on them. I don't know if it's just in his head or if he doesn't shoot enough to ever develop a rhythm.

Maybe he needs to develop some kind of routine? Karl Malone was horrible until he started talking to himself or the ball or whoever he was talking to.

I heard that DeAndre Jordan's improvement this year is because he started barking at teammates or his bench to distract himself.

All jokes aside for a moment Lonzo should get in touch w/ Kyle Korver & see if he'd give him some FT pointers in the off season.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Practice vs live game.

I remember hearing about Shaq draining multiple 3 pointers and free throws during practice.

I suspect it's the same for Ben Simmons.

Some guys have a hard time getting out of their heads during live action.