• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do not learn it from DJ.

It would be like getting a lecture in astrophysics from the babbling drunk bum that smells like cat piss on a downtown street corner

I can just feel the bonding here

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornets, Mavs, Nuggets supposedly all showing interest in Kevin Love.....

I wonder what would be acceptable deals the Cavs would actually have interest in.

Again, I think he should age pretty well and his contract actually slightly decreases as time goes by so I wouldnt give him away for a middling prospect and a late first rounder or two.

It will be interesting to see what happens. the Mavs supposedly are thinking about moving DSJ. Seems duplicative of Sexton though. The Hornets really do not have a lot I would think the Cavs would be intersted in besides maybe a package built around Bridges....

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder what would be acceptable deals the Cavs would actually have interest in.

Again, I think he should age pretty well and his contract actually slightly decreases as time goes by so I wouldnt give him away for a middling prospect and a late first rounder or two.

It will be interesting to see what happens. the Mavs supposedly are thinking about moving DSJ. Seems duplicative of Sexton though. The Hornets really do not have a lot I would think the Cavs would be intersted in besides maybe a package built around Bridges....

Yes we're all on the edge of our seats wondering which shitty team is going to pick up an old shitty player made of glass from another shitty team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we're all on the edge of our seats wondering which shitty team is going to pick up an old shitty player made of glass from another shitty team.
I repeat...its funny how much real estate I own in your head.

kinda reminds me of this clip from Mad Men:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I repeat...its funny how much real estate I own in your head.

kinda reminds me of this clip from Mad Men:

You repeat? Gee what a surprise.

Look at you all mad, I own you like Khloe owns Tristan

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't think of anything they could get back from the Hornets other than Kemba and that isn't happening, they have the 14th pick right now, that isn't enough. Bridges and Monk?

Denver...I'm sure they would have to give up one of their guards and maybe attach Porter.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is worth pennies on the dollar unless he can show some semblance of health.

Paying someone 30 million to watch basketball isn't something most teams are interested. Maybe the Grizzlies are now that they are getting rid of Chandler Parson's contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of anything they could get back from the Hornets other than Kemba and that isn't happening, they have the 14th pick right now, that isn't enough. Bridges and Monk?

Denver...I'm sure they would have to give up one of their guards and maybe attach Porter.
I would say that there is a 25% or less chance that Love gets moved before the deadline.

There might be a real chance that over the offseason, after certain teams strike out on free agents, that they go to the trade market to look for a player of Love's caliber. there is simply too much cap space for too little talent and some teams- whether its the Knicks, Nets, Clippers, even some other teams, will strike out- not all of them are going to get the guys they want.

That will be when Love probably has his most value.

But, he likes it in Cleveland, is under contract, his game should age well and he would be a nice piece to take pressure off of Sexton and whoever they draft so i doubt they just give him away for a mediocre prospect and a first rounder. Hes worth more to them than that.

Itll be interesting to see what happens thats for sure.

Shane---- what did you think about the Buckeyes getting Fields? pretty crazy. Day has done a nice job early on. Glad that Schiano is gone too. I dont think they are going to miss a beat. He HAS to beat Michigan though- and i think he will.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love is worth pennies on the dollar unless he can show some semblance of health.

Paying someone 30 million to watch basketball isn't something most teams are interested. Maybe the Grizzlies are now that they are getting rid of Chandler Parson's contract.
well i was just posting reports that the Mavs, Hornets and Nuggets have all expressed interest, but we shall see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
** SPOILER ALERT **

Alabama is gonna kick Clemson's ass... they'll win by 2+ TD's.

[/SPOILER]

There... now you can watch NBA basketball in peace. ;)

Welp, someone did get their ass kicked. So you were right about that part. lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You repeat? Gee what a surprise.

Look at you all mad, I own you like Khloe owns Tristan

as i said- i just think its funny that you respond to a post about Clemson/Alabama- a National Championship game that rocked the sports world with one of the biggest upsets out there---- and the first post you have is about the Lakers- a team you dont even root for. A post you made only because I occupy so much space in your head. I find that equal parts amusing/pathetic that you obsess over my posts so much. Esp. as a supposed GSW fan...youd think youd have bigger fish to fry but for the fact that i am in your head. Kind of flattering .lol....

its impossible to deven deny it at this point--- you watch the NBA and think about the results as it would effect WiggyRuss on a sports website.!!! just think about that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that there is a 25% or less chance that Love gets moved before the deadline.

There might be a real chance that over the offseason, after certain teams strike out on free agents, that they go to the trade market to look for a player of Love's caliber. there is simply too much cap space for too little talent and some teams- whether its the Knicks, Nets, Clippers, even some other teams, will strike out- not all of them are going to get the guys they want.

That will be when Love probably has his most value.

But, he likes it in Cleveland, is under contract, his game should age well and he would be a nice piece to take pressure off of Sexton and whoever they draft so i doubt they just give him away for a mediocre prospect and a first rounder. Hes worth more to them than that.

Itll be interesting to see what happens thats for sure.

Shane---- what did you think about the Buckeyes getting Fields? pretty crazy. Day has done a nice job early on. Glad that Schiano is gone too. I dont think they are going to miss a beat. He HAS to beat Michigan though- and i think he will.

I hope Fields can be like Lawrence is to Clemson. Fields is a MUCH better athlete but I don't think he is as good as Lawrence at throwing the ball...I mean Lawrence looked damn good last night. He made precision passes and zero mistakes and he is a true freshman. But why shouldn't we expect the same from Fields? They were, I believe, the #4 and #5 highest touted recruited players of all-time. I can't wait to see Fields in this offense. Kinda sucks they will lose a lot of WR's in Campbell and probably Hill. There defense is going to look a lot better and hopefully all these coaches changes are for the better.