• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, I hope Sam isn't the one who will betray her for Love.

That was harsh.

Not a ton of action.

But, everyone is together now.

All the chess pieces are in place.

Arya is a fucking Savage.

Ain't no telling who all she's gonna snuff with that new weapon....lol
your a cold little bitch arent you? lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i liked how he just kind of smiled and she raised her eyebrow. pretty great.

I jumped when little Ned Umber "woke up"". lol
Me too!

Ed and Thurmond looked.....DISTURBED

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro, I hope Sam isn't the one who will betray her for Love.

That was harsh.

Not a ton of action.

But, everyone is together now.

All the chess pieces are in place.

Arya is a fucking Savage.

Ain't no telling who all she's gonna snuff with that new weapon....lol

Arya is my favorite character on GOT. I can't believe there are people that think that Stanza's the bad ass. The fuck is going on with this country? @WiggyRuss , what's your opinion on the matter?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joerger just got them to their best record since their last playoff appearance and he got dumped, a 12 game improvement from the previous season. Not a lot of job security inherent in that position. Plus, Walton just had a similar young roster PLUS Lebron and couldn't put it all together. Walton may not have been to blame, but he certainly wasn't fixing things either.
I know you are a fan so you have to have this kind of take, but to outsiders, sorry Walton is the best possible hire after the mistake of firing Joerger, and Walton's new situation is a better one for him

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya is my favorite character on GOT. I can't believe there are people that think that Stanza's the bad ass. The fuck is going on with this country? @WiggyRuss , what's your opinion on the matter?
In order of badassery....

1. Arya

2. Thormound

3. Bronn of the Blackwater

4. Fucking Lyanna Mormont

Sansa is somewhere after Tyrion, Podrick and Sir Davos....lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are a fan so you have to have this kind of take, but to outsiders, sorry Walton is the best possible hire after the mistake of firing Joerger, and Walton's new situation is a better one for him
Absolutely.

Better young talent.

No rush to do more than make the playoffs.

LeBron completely changed the timeline.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have to have any take, that is what I saw from watching the Lakers for all of Walton's tenure. Standing in for Kerr with the Warriors is not a true test of a coach whatsoever, that team can run on autopilot and still win. From what I've seen, Joerger appears to be the better coach with young talent thus far. If Walton can't handle star players (an odd circumstance, given he came from the most loaded team in recent history), the Kings may temporarily be a haven for him, but at some point he will either stagnate with that young team or have to bring in star level talent to compliment that young talent to truly compete.

Walton's handling of Randle lost the Lakers a key piece, as he wanted out. Will strategic benching alienate a current Kings player next year? Who knows.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No rush to do more than make the playoffs.

LeBron completely changed the timeline.

Maybe to the public, but not to the Lakers. They put in 1 year contract place holders to hold cap space over another year. That is not a plan to do more than simply make the playoffs. If they judged him on that, Pelinka should be on the bread line too.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to have any take, that is what I saw from watching the Lakers for all of Walton's tenure. Standing in for Kerr with the Warriors is not a true test of a coach whatsoever, that team can run on autopilot and still win. From what I've seen, Joerger appears to be the better coach with young talent thus far. If Walton can't handle star players (an odd circumstance, given he came from the most loaded team in recent history), the Kings may temporarily be a haven for him, but at some point he will either stagnate with that young team or have to bring in star level talent to compliment that young talent to truly compete.

Walton's handling of Randle lost the Lakers a key piece, as he wanted out. Will strategic benching alienate a current Kings player next year? Who knows.
Walton wanted to bring him back, no?

He didn't leave because of rotations or playing time.

He left because they wouldn't give him a long-term extension.

That's on Magic and Pelinka.

The Lakers continue to value salary cap space for the summer of 2019 when the likes of Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson, and Kyrie Irving will be free agents. Randle was looking for more long-term security while the Lakers were unwilling to sacrifice their long-term cap space.

Julius Randle Reflects On Time With Lakers, Explains Decision To Leave In Free Agency

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe to the public, but not to the Lakers. They put in 1 year contract place holders to hold cap space over another year. That is not a plan to do more than simply make the playoffs. If they judged him on that, Pelinka should be on the bread line too.
Gmafb

You don't sign LeBron in the hopes to be first round cannon fodder.

Just about everyone thought they'd get to the 2nd round minimum.

Win a chip?

No.

Scare the shit out of a team or two?

Yes.

Finish in the lottery?

Only Charles Barkley.

Luke is a convenient scapegoat to that shitshow of a roster that Magic put together.

Rob should be fired as well.

Apparently, he is not well liked, outside of Kobe.

If your biggest free agent acquisition is Markieff Morris, he won't last to December.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton wanted to bring him back, no?

He didn't leave because of rotations or playing time.

He left because they wouldn't give him a long-term extension.

That's on Magic and Pelinka.

The Lakers continue to value salary cap space for the summer of 2019 when the likes of Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Klay Thompson, and Kyrie Irving will be free agents. Randle was looking for more long-term security while the Lakers were unwilling to sacrifice their long-term cap space.

Julius Randle Reflects On Time With Lakers, Explains Decision To Leave In Free Agency

I'm not buying it. He wanted more long term security, so he signed a glorified one year deal elsewhere?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gmafb

You don't sign LeBron in the hopes to be first round cannon fodder.

Just about everyone thought they'd get to the 2nd round minimum.

Win a chip?

No.

Scare the shit out of a team or two?

Yes.

Finish in the lottery?

Only Charles Barkley.

Luke is a convenient scapegoat to that shitshow of a roster that Magic put together.

If you're not a true contender, you're just making the playoffs. If you want to break it down into minutiae round by round, go right ahead, but that's ultimately pointless.

I never pointed blame at Walton for this season, but he wasn't fixing anything either.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not a true contender, you're just making the playoffs. If you want to break it down into minutiae round by round, go right ahead, but that's ultimately pointless.

I never pointed blame at Walton for this season, but he wasn't fixing anything either.
Dude, puhlease.

You are shitting on him as a hire.

One mans trash is another man's treasure.

Reactions: GNG

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying it. He wanted more long term security, so he signed a glorified one year deal elsewhere?
You don't have to buy it.

But, I don't have to buy he left because of Luke's sub pattern.

I can only go by what the kid said outout his very own mouth.

They tried to negotiate.

Didn't give him what he was looking for, asked to be released.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to buy it.

But, I don't have to buy he left because of Luke's sub pattern.

I can only go by what the kid said it of his very own mouth.

They tried to negotiate.

Didn't give him what he was looking for, asked to be released.

Didn't give him what he asked for, then immediately took a garbage "2 year" deal from the Pelicans at $9M per? Does he have an agent?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think they screwed up firing Joerger.

My bad.

Oh, ABSOLUTELY agree.

Sounds like he wasn't towing the Vlade line and got axed for not going along with the front office on player rotations.

Had nothing to do with X's and O's.