• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't give him what he asked for, then immediately took a garbage "2 year" deal from the Pelicans at $9M per? Does he have an agent?
Dude.....have you seen it listed anywhere what the Lakers were offering?

He bet on himself.

....and he's gonna get PAID.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.....have you seen it listed anywhere what the Lakers were offering?

He bet on himself.

....and he's gonna get PAID.

He could've done the same and stayed with the Lakers.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I think they screwed up firing Joerger.
Everyone pretty much agrees with this. But once that's done, they did get the best coach available for that team in the opinion of most

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya is my favorite character on GOT. I can't believe there are people that think that Stanza's the bad ass. The fuck is going on with this country? @WiggyRuss , what's your opinion on the matter?
I mean, Sansa bitching about Daenerys to Jon and Jon bending the knee just seems petty and short sighted. They have no hope without Daenerys. It was the only sane thing to do. I mean, does she not want Daenerys' huge army fighting for them giving them at least some hope?

Arya is a great character. She learned from so many different bad asses--- Syrio (her instructor in season 1), Tywin while she was his cupbearer in Harrenhal, The Hound while they roamed the countryside, Jacquen Haggar and the Faceless Men.....

John asking her "have you had a chance to use that sword?" was pretty ridiculous...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Sansa bitching about Daenerys to Jon and Jon bending the knee just seems petty and short sighted. They have no hope without Daenerys. It was the only sane thing to do. I mean, does she not want Daenerys' huge army fighting for them giving them at least some hope?

Arya is a great character. She learned from so many different bad asses--- Syrio (her instructor in season 1), Tywin while she was his cupbearer in Harrenhal, The Hound while they roamed the countryside, Jacquen Haggar and the Faceless Men.....

John asking her "have you had a chance to use that sword?" was pretty ridiculous...
For the record when I was carrying on like this about Lord of The Rings, I was much younger than you, and there were no sports blogs to fuck up with it

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering Jon hasn't seen her pretty much since Ned died, I think it's fair to say he wouldn't really know about Arya and her gangster mode.

Sansa, ya'll gotta cut her a break. She's clearly one of the most intelligent characters on the show. It's not about the army that Daenerys is bringing, she can see the big picture. Replacing one tyrant for another doesn't solve any problems and Sansa has had her fair share of dealing with them. She's wary as she should be.

Dany not only proclaims herself queen, but she demands allegiance. There's always a catch.

Sansa has dealt with Joffrey, Cersei, Baelish, Ramsay and even Tyrion. She's learned something from each of them, which has culminated in her character not only being smarter, but also able to see the big picture.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order of badassery....

1. Arya

2. Thormound

3. Bronn of the Blackwater

4. Fucking Lyanna Mormont

Sansa is somewhere after Tyrion, Podrick and Sir Davos....lol

Tyrion's a badass IMO. He's crafty and witty. Wit will get you far in this world.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record when I was carrying on like this about Lord of The Rings, I was much younger than you, and there were no sports blogs to fuck up with it
dude like 40 million people wage Game of THrones- and i think thats only hte US.

A typical episode of TV costs like 1-3M dollars....the first season of game of thrones it was about 5M per episode.

this year they are spending 15M per episode.

Its really on another level. the story is great, but equally as great is the acting, the spectacle, the special effects,

its the biggest TV show in history and it rivals any big budget movie for production value- especially the later seasons.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not a true contender, you're just making the playoffs. If you want to break it down into minutiae round by round, go right ahead, but that's ultimately pointless.

I never pointed blame at Walton for this season, but he wasn't fixing anything either.

Walton didn't fix anything. More importantly neither did Jeanie Buss, Rob Pelinka or Magic.

Usually the coach gets most of the blame when things don't turn out as planned. But in this case I put more blame on the owner & the front office than the former coach.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude like 40 million people wage Game of THrones- and i think thats only hte US.

A typical episode of TV costs like 1-3M dollars....the first season of game of thrones it was about 5M per episode.

this year they are spending 15M per episode.

Its really on another level. the story is great, but equally as great is the acting, the spectacle, the special effects,

its the biggest TV show in history and it rivals any big budget movie for production value- especially the later seasons.
I know all that, and I like it ok (my wife is a big fan) but that doesn't mean you have to jack off all over this board about it

Also that episode yesterday was a big snooze. I'm aware the action will be picking up

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walton didn't fix anything. More importantly neither did Jeanie Buss, Rob Pelinka or Magic.

Usually the coach gets most of the blame when things don't turn out as planned. But in this case I put more blame on the owner & the front office than the former coach.

Oh, I agree. That's why I'm not upset with Magic leaving. He's my favorite player of all time, but he's just not a front office guy that should have personnel decisions in his hands. I hope Pelinka is replaced by whomever the new president will be, but that's in question right now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad.

Oh, ABSOLUTELY agree.

Sounds like he wasn't towing the Vlade line and got axed for not going along with the front office on player rotations.

Had nothing to do with X's and O's.

When is Vlade going to learn?

Every time he gets a decent coach, he fires them for a reason something like this.

Well, Vlade,

Maybe, just maybe Joeger and Malone had some decent success in Sacto because they didn't see eye to eye with you. Your track record pretty much sucks.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is Vlade going to learn?

Every time he gets a decent coach, he fires them for a reason something like this.

Well, Vlade,

Maybe, just maybe Joeger and Malone had some decent success in Sacto because they didn't see eye to eye with you. Your track record pretty much sucks.
Malone was fired at the end of 2014 and Vlade was hired early 2015, there is no connection between the 2 and the guy who got rid of him is gone for a reason. We'll see about Joerger and if firing him was a mistake or not, from what's been said there might have been issues between him and a few players which was part of the reason he got fired.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GoT nerds

tenor.gif

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all that, and I like it ok (my wife is a big fan) but that doesn't mean you have to jack off all over this board about it

Also that episode yesterday was a big snooze. I'm aware the action will be picking up

Pffffft speak for yourself. Amrite @Mecca ?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malone was fired at the end of 2014 and Vlade was hired early 2015, there is no connection between the 2 and the guy who got rid of him is gone for a reason. We'll see about Joerger and if firing him was a mistake or not, from what's been said there might have been issues between him and a few players which was part of the reason he got fired.

LOL.

My bad.

Thought he fired Malone too.

Player issues are always a legitimate reason for coach firing. And if Joerger can't relate to his guys, then maybe he isn't that good of a coach. Xs and Os can only take a coach so far. Ability to forge relationships with players is arguably even more important in the modern era.

The days of dictator coach are long past in the NBA.