• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just cracks me up that you think a guy who will almost certianly NEVER be top 10 at his position in the NBA is some how a draw to free agents. I mean what is going on in your brain?

He easily can be top 10.
Will Richardson or Winslow?
But, as a trio they certainly are a core that others would see as assets to play with.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why did Lebron go to Miami if he was the better player than Wade? Why not convince Wade to go from Miami to Cleveland?

Okay wait a minute. Are you suggesting Wade was the better player when LeBron went to Miami? If so :laugh3:

And pick Cleveland over Miami? :pound:Oh that's a good one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what, where is Sexton?

Bam is a C
Bam is 20 years old.
You’re a clown.

He just missed game winner by 0.1
Clock started early, to boot.
I mean, Serge Ibaka is not even close ot being a guy who i think is anyhting close to a great player but he is absolutely better than Bam is---- Bam right now is getting his shit pushed in in this Raptors game.

Siakem- BETTER by a long a shot. Thats just big men on the Raptors- and thats if you consider Gasol is aging and Bam is young and not counting GAsol going forward

I look at the young big men in the East and you of course take a guy like Jarret Allen over Bam. John Collins WITHOUT A DOUBT. Myles Turner.

if you said- for the next 5 years take Bamba, Isaac or Bam- it would not even be close for me- i take Bamba and Isaac just for their ceilings.

Bam is a nice player- i hate to be ripping him, but you are fucking delusional.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we don’t know what was designed vs executed.

He had a timeout left.

Call a timeout if you see the play not going the way you drew it up. Not that complicated.

I can tell from the inbound pass that it would be a disaster.

The play was obviously supposed to go to Wade.

If I can see that then why couldn't Spo? Call a timeout and draw up something else.

The guy is a shitty coach

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day Spoelstra is not the Heat coach, I will be the happiest man alive

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why did Lebron go to Miami if he was the better player than Wade? Why not convince Wade to go from Miami to Cleveland?
youd have to ask them- but i would guess that the Cavs having no cap space and no assets from trading them all to contend while the Heat were clearing cap room and drafting Michael Beasley #2 overall had SOMEHTING to do with it. LOL

Though i also did hear that there were rumors that they, hypothetically, could have all joined in Chicago as well- and they decided it would be easier to accomplish in Miami.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Serge Ibaka is not even close ot being a guy who i think is anyhting close to a great player but he is absolutely better than Bam is---- Bam right now is getting his shit pushed in in this Raptors game.

Siakem- BETTER by a long a shot. Thats just big men on the Raptors- and thats if you consider Gasol is aging and Bam is young and not counting GAsol going forward

I look at the young big men in the East and you of course take a guy like Jarret Allen over Bam. John Collins WITHOUT A DOUBT. Myles Turner.

if you said- for the next 5 years take Bamba, Isaac or Bam- it would not even be close for me- i take Bamba and Isaac just for their ceilings.

Bam is a nice player- i hate to be ripping him, but you are fucking delusional.

But Sexton is the next coming of Jesus cause he’s the best scorer on a shit team, playing tons of garbage minutes.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a timeout left.

Call a timeout if you see the play not going the way you drew it up. Not that complicated.

I can tell from the inbound pass that it would be a disaster.

The play was obviously supposed to go to Wade.

If I can see that then why couldn't Spo? Call a timeout and draw up something else.

The guy is a shitty coach

I honestly think Wade knows its over and is looking for final hero moments.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also see why @raptorlife4 complains about refs so much.

The Raptors commentators just bitch about refs all game long but they act like every call in favor for Toronto was legit

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He easily can be top 10.
Will Richardson or Winslow?
But, as a trio they certainly are a core that others would see as assets to play with.
you are nuts.

Guys want to play with All Star level players. None of those guys are likely to be All Star level players. You know how hard it is to crack the top 10 at your position in the NBA?

Its practically impossible to be a top 10 PG in the NBA- and as great as Sexton has been, (and he is going to be All NBA 1st team rookie in one of the deepest drafts in years) there is no guarantee even he gets there.

I mean, just in the East you look at young big men like Collins and Allen who any GM would would take over Bam.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Wade knows its over and is looking for final hero moments.

I'm fine with that but the final possession of the 4th went to Bam then to Johnson. The play was never supposed to go to Bam. Soon as I saw Bam touch the ball then as a coach I'm calling timeout.

With your season on the line, you just don't let some scramble play happen which is what Spo did.

Sick of the free pass the front office continues to give him.

His seat should be a little warm by now.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are nuts.

Guys want to play with All Star level players. None of those guys are likely to be All Star level players. You know how hard it is to crack the top 10 at your position in the NBA?

Its practically impossible to be a top 10 PG in the NBA- and as great as Sexton has been, (and he is going to be All NBA 1st team rookie in one of the deepest drafts in years) there is no guarantee even he gets there.

I mean, just in the East you look at young big men like Collins and Allen who any GM would would take over Bam.

All Star level players make all star level money.
The scenario were talking is would 2 max players join a core that had those 3 players.
How in the fuck are 2 max players going to join a team that has 2 or 3 other all star type players?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Star level players make all star level money.
The scenario were talking is would 2 max players join a core that had those 3 players.
How in the fuck are 2 max players going to join a team that has 2 or 3 other all star type players?
how the fuck are 2 max level players joining Miami ANY time soon?! LOL certianly not this summer or next summer

by the time they have that kind of room Bam will be on his next contract

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat had injuries all season.
I think 25+ different starting lineups.
All Star Dragic missed half the season?
What’s your point?

And don’t be naive.
James and Bosh extracted assets from the Heat in their sign and trades.
Some of those assets came back to the Cavs with him.

Also, during that same time frame Heat lost Bosh, but kept his cap hit.

Yet, season 2, post James, missed ECF by 1 win.
Yep and the assets acquired the cavs helped finish off their last tank. Ironic, huh?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat

this summer the cap is 109...obviously Miami will not have any cap room due to the brilliant signings Riley has made.

NEXT year the cap is 116 million.

The Heat ALREADY have the following for that year:

Waiters: 13M
J. Johnson: 16M (player option he is ASSUREDLY picking up)
Winslow: 13M
Richardson: 11M
Bam: 5M
Olnyk: 12M (player option that he is LIKELY to pick up- not 100%, but id say 80%)

already thats 70M commited to ONLY 6 roster spots, and does not include cap holds for the rest of the roster, any players they add, any players they draft.

Now- teams HAVE in the passed used first round picks to get off of money- but the Heat do not even have a first round pick in 2021. They COULD trade their first round pick this year, to try and get off of one of these contracts, but, is no one is talking 31M of J. Johnson for that.

A "max" contract is 30% of the cap. 30% of 116M is 35M. So you would need 70M in cap space to sign 2 max guys, something they will not even be NEAR unless they can get rid of some bad money off the books when they are already totally out of 2nd round picks to trade (they own none for the next 3 years), and they are missing one of their first rounders. Good luck.

now. summer of 2021-- as long as Riley doesnt make any more stupid signings.....THEN you will have a TON of cap room...but your boy just loves to hand out expensive long term deals to mediocre players....