• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i just gave you the numbers, if yo uwant to stick your head in the sand and be in denial be my guest. Its simple addition and subtraction. This is not my opinion- its black and white numbers.

I told you all this years ago and every word came true

I mean- you might be right though- some team might just be dying to pay James Johnson 16M a year. lol

Tons worse players, contracts move every season.
If you got todays JJ, most games, he’s prob worth it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you got todays JJ, most games, he’s prob worth it.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

dude you clearly know jack shit about how the ecomics and contracts work in the NBA.

o man.....if you think there is one team out there who would take that shit bomb of a contract for anything less than a significant asset you are either in denial or just have no clue what you are talking about. You are embarrassing yourself when you say that type of stuff.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only. There are only a few other teams with horrible one sided commentators like Toronto. Boston and the Spurs are the first 2 that come to mind. But most broadcast crew are decent. Toronto color guy is as bad as they get. The play by play guy isn't good either

I get why you complain so much now. Those 2 guys make it seem like the refs are against Toronto
I only complain when they lose

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

dude you clearly know jack shit about how the ecomics and contracts work in the NBA.

o man.....if you think there is one team out there who would take that shit bomb of a contract for anything less than a significant asset you are either in denial or just have no clue what you are talking about. You are embarrassing yourself when you say that type of stuff.

I said if he played like he did today, consistently, he’d be worth it.
He doesn’t, so he’s not.
Dont twist my words.
My point is that he is talented compared to some stiffs that make that type of money.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, this is the post that proves to me that you are out of your gourd more so than maybe any other.

You’re are viewed as so ass backwards by most here, so I’ll take that as a compliment.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said if he played like he did today, consistently, he’d be worth it.
He doesn’t, so he’s not.
Dont twist my words.
My point is that he is talented compared to some stiffs that make that type of money.
lets use some common sense here.

the price to get off of Tyler Johnson's awful contract was to take back the almost equally as awful contract of Ryan Anderson.

Both contracts run the same amount of time.

Johnson is a back end of the rotation guy, and Anderson is unplayable, so it makes sense that the Heat saved about 2M between the two deals--- the Suns get a guy who can actually get on the court, and pay a couple extra million for it--- but still- Suns are on the hook for Johnson's awful 19M next year and the Heat are on the hook for Anderson's awful 17M next year.

The Cavs- for taking back 1 year of Henson and Delly- traded an expiring contract- and got a first rounder, some time in the future.....in order to get that first rounder, they had to eat about 20M in semi-useful guys in Delly and Henson.

The Cavs got traded an expiring- Burks for Knight---- they have to eat about 14M next year for Knight---- they got the late first....

going rate to eat 14M in salary is about a late first.

Johnson has 31M left on his deal- its gonna take more than a late/mid first to get rid of that shit bomb of a contract. It would either take adding in Richardson in a deal, or a first + something else. ESPECIALLY in a draft that is seen as very weak after the top few picks.

OR you could just back an equally shitty contract like you did to get rid of Tyler Johnson. Its just common sense.

No one is getting NEAR J. Johnson and his 31M dollars over the next 2 years when a guy like Julius Randle just got 9M last year on the open market.

plus we already know Miami has NO 2nd round picks, and has no 2021 first rounder-- and becuase of the stepien rule that means they cant trade their 2020 first rounder or 2022 first rounder.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You commenting on him shouldn’t even be a consideration.
Kids the real deal.
You don’t watch the Heat.
If he were a Cav your opinion would be 100% the opposite.

you mean like Jordan Clarkson and Larry Nance...?

according to WiggityWack they were just barely above dog shit when they were wearing Lakers colors...

#whattadifferencecolorsmake

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay wait a minute. Are you suggesting Wade was the better player when LeBron went to Miami? If so :laugh3:

And pick Cleveland over Miami? :pound:Oh that's a good one.

Nope, clearly knew that Lebron was always the better player than Wade. This was more of a hole in Wiggy's logic in terms of Miami vs. Cleveland. I felt it was a reasonable question.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets use some common sense here.

the price to get off of Tyler Johnson's awful contract was to take back the almost equally as awful contract of Ryan Anderson.

Both contracts run the same amount of time.

Johnson is a back end of the rotation guy, and Anderson is unplayable, so it makes sense that the Heat saved about 2M between the two deals--- the Suns get a guy who can actually get on the court, and pay a couple extra million for it--- but still- Suns are on the hook for Johnson's awful 19M next year and the Heat are on the hook for Anderson's awful 17M next year.

The Cavs- for taking back 1 year of Henson and Delly- traded an expiring contract- and got a first rounder, some time in the future.....in order to get that first rounder, they had to eat about 20M in semi-useful guys in Delly and Henson.

The Cavs got traded an expiring- Burks for Knight---- they have to eat about 14M next year for Knight---- they got the late first....

going rate to eat 14M in salary is about a late first.

Johnson has 31M left on his deal- its gonna take more than a late/mid first to get rid of that shit bomb of a contract. It would either take adding in Richardson in a deal, or a first + something else. ESPECIALLY in a draft that is seen as very weak after the top few picks.

OR you could just back an equally shitty contract like you did to get rid of Tyler Johnson. Its just common sense.

No one is getting NEAR J. Johnson and his 31M dollars over the next 2 years when a guy like Julius Randle just got 9M last year on the open market.

plus we already know Miami has NO 2nd round picks, and has no 2021 first rounder-- and becuase of the stepien rule that means they cant trade their 2020 first rounder or 2022 first rounder.

And when the Cavs actually do something or finish ahead of the Heat, get back to me.

Until then..... just your usual 100,000 meaningless words.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why? Cleveland's such a great free agent destination from what I've been led to believe.

I lived there.
It's the San Antonio of the mid west.
Wade wouldn't allow his kids to live there.
What more needs to be said?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youd have to ask them- but i would guess that the Cavs having no cap space and no assets from trading them all to contend while the Heat were clearing cap room and drafting Michael Beasley #2 overall had SOMEHTING to do with it. LOL

Though i also did hear that there were rumors that they, hypothetically, could have all joined in Chicago as well- and they decided it would be easier to accomplish in Miami.

Cleveland had enough room to bring on another max player. Bosh said fuck to the no.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with that but the final possession of the 4th went to Bam then to Johnson. The play was never supposed to go to Bam. Soon as I saw Bam touch the ball then as a coach I'm calling timeout.

With your season on the line, you just don't let some scramble play happen which is what Spo did.

Sick of the free pass the front office continues to give him.

His seat should be a little warm by now.

This is my one problem with Riley right now. He treats Spo as a 2nd son and I can't see the day Spo ever gets fired while Riley's involved.