• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit.
That’s why sucking for years guarantees nothing and excuse making for sucking is lame.
Nothing guarantees anything, but my opinion is sucking and getting top picks will be better than an endless run of mediocre or less than mediocre seasons.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they all playing lately when top 3 wasn’t guaranteed?

#backwardslogic
They aren't all playing lately. They are all kssing games here and there, and TT I believe is still on a minutes' restriction. Even hold Nance out on occasion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only worked out the first time because James came back.
Yeah. I said that. But without all the assets and cap room, plus his knowing Gilbert would keep spending that Lebron fellow does not come back.

Also why I said let's wait and see what they do this time without james being a prize. They are about 15 minues into the rebuild. Not 3-4 years like Miami, or 6 like LA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I sure? Of course not. common sense. They've been hurt in the past and not missed so much time. You think Lebron stays out, too, if LA needed him?

Players contracts are based off of performance and stats.
Both Love and TT will soon be in that position again.
If they could have been on the court, my guess is we’d have heard about it.

James scenario is 100% the opposite, and we all know that he’s more then happy to sit at this point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had to rely on arguably the greatest player of all-time coming back. If Lebron doesn't come back, and say you stick with your core of Kyrie Irving, Andrew Wiggins (not trading for Love), Tristan Thompson, etc... at best you're probably a 2nd round exit. Again, is there a team out there that can literally copy the Cavs' blue print then? No. And that's the definition of an outlier.
But Lebron did come back and he wanted to play with Kyrie......and they used Wiggins, Bennett and other assets to get Love.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're referencing a conference title and say that you're the reigning conference champs. Even though you were eliminated from the playoffs basically around Christmas. Just own it and say your team sucks.
My team is tanking and I'm glad they are. Is that not "owning it".

But they are reigning conference champs, aren't they? Not really debatable but try if you'd like.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat

this summer the cap is 109...obviously Miami will not have any cap room due to the brilliant signings Riley has made.

NEXT year the cap is 116 million.

The Heat ALREADY have the following for that year:

Waiters: 13M
J. Johnson: 16M (player option he is ASSUREDLY picking up)
Winslow: 13M
Richardson: 11M
Bam: 5M
Olnyk: 12M (player option that he is LIKELY to pick up- not 100%, but id say 80%)

already thats 70M commited to ONLY 6 roster spots, and does not include cap holds for the rest of the roster, any players they add, any players they draft.

Now- teams HAVE in the passed used first round picks to get off of money- but the Heat do not even have a first round pick in 2021. They COULD trade their first round pick this year, to try and get off of one of these contracts, but, is no one is talking 31M of J. Johnson for that.

A "max" contract is 30% of the cap. 30% of 116M is 35M. So you would need 70M in cap space to sign 2 max guys, something they will not even be NEAR unless they can get rid of some bad money off the books when they are already totally out of 2nd round picks to trade (they own none for the next 3 years), and they are missing one of their first rounders. Good luck.

now. summer of 2021-- as long as Riley doesnt make any more stupid signings.....THEN you will have a TON of cap room...but your boy just loves to hand out expensive long term deals to mediocre players....

Save the words, because time and time again you have been proven wrong about players who can be moved.

Fact is they can subtract Dragic, Whiteside, then go from there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

obviously not basketball- and ill limti it to this- but have you seen the Tribe's starting pitching thus far? holy shit. One of the best rotaitons i have ever seen in my life on any team

this rotation would give the 90's Braves of Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Avery a run for their money.

Kluber is disgusting- 2 time cy young winner

Bauer looks unreal and i think could very easily win the Cy young this year

Clevinger is just nasty and would be the #1 starter on half the teams in the league

Carrasco would be the #1 starter on half the teams in the league

Bieber is the best #5 i think i have ever seen.

Its simply unreal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing guarantees anything, but my opinion is sucking and getting top picks will be better than an endless run of mediocre or less than mediocre seasons.

That is obvious. Anyone that thinks getting the 8 or 9 spot every year is good for the franchise is just lying. The Heat are in the same position as the Cavs- no playoffs. Both still have some big contracts on the books but the Cavs could have a top 3 pick and what looks to be a great pick in Sexton. The Heat dont look to have any AS players, some potential good young players but that’s about it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well there is no doubt i would rather be the worst team in the East rather than the 9th best team in the East.....thats an easy decision.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Toronto is the only team that does this

Not only. There are only a few other teams with horrible one sided commentators like Toronto. Boston and the Spurs are the first 2 that come to mind. But most broadcast crew are decent. Toronto color guy is as bad as they get. The play by play guy isn't good either

I get why you complain so much now. Those 2 guys make it seem like the refs are against Toronto

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And your opinion figures in that FA aren’t going Cleveland, so I get it.
Different mindset here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh totally agree- no one builds SOLELY through the draft

but why did LeBron and Bosh go to Miami?

becuase they had Wade- a guy you got in the top of the lotto

if the Celtics did not have Pierce- GArnett was never going to okay a trade there- and i think said no initially until they also got Allen.

Once you get that one GUY (and capitlized for a reason) then you go out to free agency--- but it sure seems that in todays NBA NO ONE is going to a team by themselves without a good base to win from.
Exactly....pretty sure Love does not ask to be traded here without Kyrie and then Lebron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save the words, because time and time again you have been proven wrong about players who can be moved.

Fact is they can subtract Dragic, Whiteside, then go from there.
lol i just gave you the numbers, if yo uwant to stick your head in the sand and be in denial be my guest. Its simple addition and subtraction. This is not my opinion- its black and white numbers.

I told you all this years ago and every word came true

I mean- you might be right though- some team might just be dying to pay James Johnson 16M a year. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

obviously not basketball- and ill limti it to this- but have you seen the Tribe's starting pitching thus far? holy shit. One of the best rotaitons i have ever seen in my life on any team

this rotation would give the 90's Braves of Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Avery a run for their money.

Kluber is disgusting- 2 time cy young winner

Bauer looks unreal and i think could very easily win the Cy young this year

Clevinger is just nasty and would be the #1 starter on half the teams in the league

Carrasco would be the #1 starter on half the teams in the league

Bieber is the best #5 i think i have ever seen.

Its simply unreal.

I dont know half their lineup, getting to know them, some good young players but they do have some injuries—-Carlos Gonzalez, Lindor and Kipnis. If they can get some guys to bolster the lineup and possibly BP at the deadline this rotation can carry them. Still a long way to go so we will see how their lineup starts playing.

Santana is on fire

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well there is no doubt i would rather be the worst team in the East rather than the 9th best team in the East.....thats an easy decision.

Maybe for a year, but not near every year, and thats what Cavs have been for a long, long, time when they don’t have James.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what, where is Sexton?

Bam is a C
Bam is 20 years old.
You’re a clown.

He just missed game winner by 0.1
Clock started early, to boot.
any reason you didn't answer the question, which is a clear trait of the irrational.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know half their lineup, getting to know them, some good young players but they do have some injuries—-Carlos Gonzalez, Lindor and Kipnis. If they can get some guys to bolster the lineup and possibly BP at the deadline this rotation can carry them. Still a long way to go so we will see how their lineup starts playing.

Santana is on fire
I do think it's possibly, but pretty sure Chicago, Minny and especially Toronto are not among the most daunting lineups.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly....pretty sure Love does not ask to be traded here without Kyrie and then Lebron.
of course not

you need to get htat one guy that other guys want to play with.

Sacramento is interesting becuase with Fox it looks like they might have gotten that guy--- Bagley sure looks like he could be a guy like that too eventually.

The Mavs with Doncic--- you draft a guy who looks like he is gonna be a multi time all star, and trade for a Porzingis, and free agents are DEF. gonna take them seriously.

the Suns need a GM who can take all the young players and assets and mold it into an actual team. Their management has been so piss poor.

They need to decide who they are keeping and building around, and who they are getting rid of, make some deals, and bring ina veteran or two and go from there. They have plenty of trade assets thats for sure.