• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You had to rely on arguably the greatest player of all-time coming back. If Lebron doesn't come back, and say you stick with your core of Kyrie Irving, Andrew Wiggins (not trading for Love), Tristan Thompson, etc... at best you're probably a 2nd round exit. Again, is there a team out there that can literally copy the Cavs' blue print then? No. And that's the definition of an outlier.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking the truth, you mean?

You're referencing a conference title and say that you're the reigning conference champs. Even though you were eliminated from the playoffs basically around Christmas. Just own it and say your team sucks.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're referencing a conference title and say that you're the reigning conference champs. Even though you were eliminated from the playoffs basically around Christmas. Just own it and say your team sucks.

gotta say seeing the"planned tank" thing exposed and laid bare by a couple of y'all (the slant of a couple of Cavs fans in particular ) has been entertainment this morning...:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's more appealing? Playing in Miami or Cleveland?

The answer is clear to anybody with half a brain, LOL.
Miami BEGGED Gordon Hayward to come- and instead he went to Boston which, historically, has been one of the worst FA destinations in the NBA- he went because he could win in Boston.

I remember a few years back the Lakers wanted to bring in Greg Monroe and he laughed at them and chose the Bucks instead (when he was still a solid player).....we of course just saw George decide on OKLAHOMA CITY instead of LA.

So, please, get a clue.

destination means something- but guys go to play with other guys and to win as #1 on their list.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how you keep excluding Bam, and next summer isn't that far away.

Riley aspires to be as smart as you and achieve your success someday.
Bam is not even a consideration. I mean no one is thinking - ya know if i go to Miami I get to play with BAM! LOL. are you being serious? April fools day was last sunday bro....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami BEGGED Gordon Hayward to come- and instead he went to Boston which, historically, has been one of the worst FA destinations in the NBA- he went because he could win in Boston.

I remember a few years back the Lakers wanted to bring in Greg Monroe and he laughed at them and chose the Bucks instead (when he was still a solid player).....we of course just saw George decide on OKLAHOMA CITY instead of LA.

So, please, get a clue.

destination means something- but guys go to play with other guys and to win as #1 on their list.

Boston is a heck of a lot better than Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuilding strictly through the draft is a terrible strategy. The best way to rebuild IMO is either through a home run trade or a mixture of draft/signing good players.

There is a reason why teams like the Kings, Magic, and Wolves (prior to trading for Butler last year) were bad for so damn long.

Rebuilding strictly through the draft usually doesn't work unless you draft a superstar. If those top 5 and/or top 10 picks end up as role players or bust then you will find yourself in the same position 5-7 years from now
oh totally agree- no one builds SOLELY through the draft

but why did LeBron and Bosh go to Miami?

becuase they had Wade- a guy you got in the top of the lotto

if the Celtics did not have Pierce- GArnett was never going to okay a trade there- and i think said no initially until they also got Allen.

Once you get that one GUY (and capitlized for a reason) then you go out to free agency--- but it sure seems that in todays NBA NO ONE is going to a team by themselves without a good base to win from.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strictly through the draft? i agree.

But neither is being a perennial 6-11 seed in cap hell.
yah i dont know anyone that builds strictly through the draft.....

what i think is the best strategy - and what a lot of teams have done or tried to do- is you get your franchise building block in there--- your Towns or Booker, or Embiid, or Kyrie, or Pierce or Wade, etc. etc. etc. through the draft- and then - before the young guys have deals that blow up- while they are still on their rookie structured low dollar deals- you bring in a free agent or two.

And i am not disparing Winslow and Richardosn who are very nice players and look to be NBA starter material (top half of the league guys at their positions? ehhh, probably not- maybe for Richardson), but solid starters arent attracting high level talent.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bam is not even a consideration. I mean no one is thinking - ya know if i go to Miami I get to play with BAM! LOL. are you being serious? April fools day was last sunday bro....

You commenting on him shouldn’t even be a consideration.
Kids the real deal.
You don’t watch the Heat.
If he were a Cav your opinion would be 100% the opposite.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You commenting on him shouldn’t even be a consideration.
Kids the real deal.
I am curious-- when you say somethign like this what are you thinking? That one day he COULD be a top 10 PF in the league in your opinion?

becuase right now- of course you know this- he is not even close to top 15 PF in the league. Hes not a top 30 big man in the league.

So what you think he could be ONE DAY down the road a top third of the league PF? MAYBE?

I mean, please say something so i can at least semi take you seriously.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat, Raptors one hell of a game.
Give me this in game 80 whether they make it or not.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious-- when you say somethign like this what are you thinking? That one day he COULD be a top 10 PF in the league in your opinion?

becuase right now- of course you know this- he is not even close to top 15 PF in the league. Hes not a top 30 big man in the league.

So what you think he could be ONE DAY down the road a top third of the league PF? MAYBE?

I mean, please say something so i can at least semi take you seriously.

And what, where is Sexton?

Bam is a C
Bam is 20 years old.
You’re a clown.

He just missed game winner by 0.1
Clock started early, to boot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spo draws up 2 awful plays in the final minute of a tied game.

I really can't stand him

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a C
You’re a clown.
lol....so again, you hyping a center that cant shoot in a league where the center position has never mattered less.

I mean cmon- you know that in the East Bam is not even a top 50 player right now.

Waht you think one day he could be a top 30 guy in the East?

hes not even a consideration to anyone looking at the Heat at this point.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....so again, you hyping a center that cant shoot in a league where the center position has never mattered less.

I mean cmon- you know that in the East Bam is not even a top 50 player right now.

Waht you think one day he could be a top 30 guy in the East?

hes not even a consideration to anyone looking at the Heat at this point.

100% untrue, and it doesn’t matter until next summer.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, please, get a clue.

Has nothing to do with Brad Stevens being the coach there, who happened to be Hayward's coach in college as well though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% untrue, and it doesn’t matter until next summer.
it just cracks me up that you think a guy who will almost certianly NEVER be top 10 at his position in the NBA is some how a draw to free agents. I mean what is going on in your brain?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh totally agree- no one builds SOLELY through the draft

but why did LeBron and Bosh go to Miami?

becuase they had Wade- a guy you got in the top of the lotto

if the Celtics did not have Pierce- GArnett was never going to okay a trade there- and i think said no initially until they also got Allen.

Once you get that one GUY (and capitlized for a reason) then you go out to free agency--- but it sure seems that in todays NBA NO ONE is going to a team by themselves without a good base to win from.

But why did Lebron go to Miami if he was the better player than Wade? Why not convince Wade to go from Miami to Cleveland?