• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, getting a #9 seed is better than tanking and getting high picks/young players. No guarantee either way but tanking is by far the greater option

As of a fan that attends and watches the games, it is.
Even if they miss the playoffs, they played games that meant something until the very end.

If you just bandwagon when the team is good, then sure, I guess don't give a fuck and then watch under those circumstance.

Two different mindsets based on two different sets of circumstances.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah good luck with that....no one is coming to Miami to play with Justice Winslow and Josh Richardson.

and even if they wanted to- they couldnt since Riley fucked your payroll up for multiple years with his stupidity.

Funny how you keep excluding Bam, and next summer isn't that far away.

Riley aspires to be as smart as you and achieve your success someday.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how it's "tanking", like they are losing on purpose.
Just say 'we suck, but I'm ok with it because A: I don't have a choice and B: because its our only hope to ever get talented players'.

As far as it being prudent plan, how about don't post as it is until they actually achieve something?

You should petition Gilbert to change the name from Cavaliers to Hopefullynextiers.

I agree with most of this and I hate the word "tanking" in general.

In Cleveland's case, their tank was completely unintentional. The off season moves they made had them looking like a 30-35 win team that could compete for the last playoff spot if things went well.

Then, they got off to an abysmal start, in part due to injuries and now some want to claim that Cleveland planned this out.

Yes, they made some good midseason moves to take on salary and add future picks. But the plan wasn't to tank. So let's not heap too much praise on Cleveland for their 20 win season.

Reactions: DJ

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this and I hate the word "tanking" in general.

In Cleveland's case, their tank was completely unintentional. The off season moves they made had them looking like a 30-35 win team that could compete for the last playoff spot if things went well.

Then, they got off to an abysmal start, in part due to injuries and now some want to claim that Cleveland planned this out.

Yes, they made some good midseason moves to take on salary and add future picks. But the plan wasn't to tank. So let's not heap too much praise on Cleveland for their 20 win season.

Agree again.
It’s prudent in every aspect, BUT , it didn’t change the amount of wins or losses this team was having.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree again.
It’s prudent in every aspect, BUT , it didn’t change the amount of wins or losses this team was having.

But,

The flip side is that if you are going to miss the playoffs anyway, you rather have more losses and the better pick.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But,

The flip side is that if you are going to miss the playoffs anyway, you rather have more losses and the better pick.

Same circle.
For me, no, because I have season tickets and for the most part try to watch every game possible.
It’s far more fun, at least for me, knowing something is/was on the line each game then worrying about lotto night and what may or may not happen years down the road.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at his stroke and I look at his body and I see a special talent.

But why did he shoot so poorly this year?

Maybe he just went through an extended slump.

Maybe he has mental issues, either with confidence or something else that will prevent him from ever being a great shooter.

But he has the physical tools to be one

It could also be a bit of "3rd wheel syndrome". Zion is an overwhelming talent and personality and Barrett is another guy who can't be ignored.

Maybe for Reddish it's similar to being Bosh playing with Lebron and D-Wade or Love playing with Lebron and Kyrie. Someone was always going to have to take a step back and sacrifice numbers. Maybe with Zion and Barrett, it was Reddish who had to take the step back?

What I do find a little troubling though is that Reddish didn't exactly "step up" when Zion was out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how it's "tanking", like they are losing on purpose.
Just say 'we suck, but I'm ok with it because A: I don't have a choice and B: because its our only hope to ever get talented players'.

As far as it being prudent plan, how about don't post as it is until they actually achieve something?

You should petition Gilbert to change the name from Cavaliers to Hopefullynextiers.

Well their best player only played 21 games. Their other imporant veteran missed half the season. They definitely have been competitive in a lot of games just dont know how to finish games.

You do realize this is the first year of our rebuild. The Heat have been floating in mediocrity for what 3-4 years. The funny thing is right now both teams have no shot at winning it all. The Heat cant even make it to East playoffs as well. So your franchise is doing what the Cavs are doing but without getting better with high draft picks like the Cavs. The Heat are cemented in limbo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how you keep excluding Bam, and next summer isn't that far away.

Riley aspires to be as smart as you and achieve your success someday.

Yeah Bam might get you in the 8 spot next year.

Stuck in mediocrity. The Cavs are in year one in their rebuild. The Heat, well it’s been 3-4 years lolzz

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Bam might get you in the 8 spot next year.

Stuck in mediocrity. The Cavs are in year one in their rebuild. The Heat, well it’s been 3-4 years lolzz

If you wanna see some funny & bizarre thinking go to the last time you lol'd @ meeeechegan thread. maze-N-blew09's blathering on & on about how Ryan Day has never won a game as a CFB coach. Saying the 3 games he filled in for Meyer last aren't valid.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well their best player only played 21 games. Their other imporant veteran missed half the season. They definitely have been competitive in a lot of games just dont know how to finish games.

You do realize this is the first year of our rebuild. The Heat have been floating in mediocrity for what 3-4 years. The funny thing is right now both teams have no shot at winning it all. The Heat cant even make it to East playoffs as well. So your franchise is doing what the Cavs are doing but without getting better with high draft picks like the Cavs. The Heat are cemented in limbo.

Wouldn't call a 3 seed, 48 wins, and 1 game from the ECF mediocrity......

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not the issue. The issue is acting like tanking was the plan when it wasn't.

The Heat are where they are for very different reasons. When Lebron left Miami, the Heat still had players that they could contend with. But then Bosh started having clotting issues that took what? 2+ years to sort out? His contract still counted against their cap, so they couldn't sign anyone to replace him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah good luck with that....no one is coming to Miami to play with Justice Winslow and Josh Richardson.

and even if they wanted to- they couldnt since Riley fucked your payroll up for multiple years with his stupidity.

What's more appealing? Playing in Miami or Cleveland?

The answer is clear to anybody with half a brain, LOL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of a fan that attends and watches the games, it is.
Even if they miss the playoffs, they played games that meant something until the very end.

If you just bandwagon when the team is good, then sure, I guess don't give a fuck and then watch under those circumstance.

Two different mindsets based on two different sets of circumstances.

BOOM.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's be real if the Cavs don't land the first pick, they're going to be hot trash for the next decade.

They obviously will have a tough time signing top free agents as they always do unless his name is Lebron James.

So basically unless they land a superstar in the draft then there is no real path of rebuilding for the Cavs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's be real if the Cavs don't land the first pick, they're going to be hot trash for the next decade.

They obviously will have a tough time signing top free agents as they always do unless his name is Lebron James.

So basically unless they land a superstar in the draft then there is no real path of rebuilding for the Cavs

:pound:

So what you're saying is the Cavs could never rebuild through the draft, their only hope is to land a superstar in the draft? Alrighty then.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

So what you're saying is the Cavs could never rebuild through the draft, their only hope is to land a superstar in the draft? Alrighty then.

Rebuilding strictly through the draft is a terrible strategy. The best way to rebuild IMO is either through a home run trade or a mixture of draft/signing good players.

There is a reason why teams like the Kings, Magic, and Wolves (prior to trading for Butler last year) were bad for so damn long.

Rebuilding strictly through the draft usually doesn't work unless you draft a superstar. If those top 5 and/or top 10 picks end up as role players or bust then you will find yourself in the same position 5-7 years from now

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me why a team like the Kings and Magic were bad for all those years until this season with those multiple lottery picks for the last 5-10 years

Building strictly through the draft is not a winning formula

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back the last 4 drafts, top 5 picks for teams that had their picks and you have:

Phoenix 3x
Sac 2x
Atl 1x
Memphis 1x
Dallas 1x
Philly 3x (but we all know what it took to achieve whatever they have achieved)
Lakers 3x
Magic 2x
MN. 2x
NY 1x
N.O. 1x
And?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look back at the contract Curry was on and the obstacles he overcame. Again, his favorable contract allowed them to secure Durant and quality pieces to put together a dynasty. What other teams have continued to live in the lotto and in a couple of years, do the turnaround the Warriors have?
Cavs