• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Spo loves the 2-3 zone which usually does work but last night it wasn't. Boston is one of the smart teams who actually know how to attack the zone

Interesting.

Because it makes a good deal of sense to go with a zone when Whiteside is in. It is a pretty good way to maximize his defensive impact. He gets to stay within 12 feet of the rim where he is able to challenge shots and rebound. And you don't need to worry about his struggles guarding ball screens.

It seems rather silly to stick with zone when Bam is at 5.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These games aren't meaningless if ur still trying to build chemistry. These games aren't meaningless when u can't defend at all. If u think they're gonna turn it on come playoff time, ok. I wanna believe right along with you bro.

When your best player is sitting on the bench, who is the lynchpin of your defense, I'm not sure how much chemistry you can build.

The Sixers shot 57% from the stripe last night. Jimmy Butler was 5-10 from the strip. JJ was 4 of freaking 7. JJ can go an entire month without missing 3 freebies. If they shoot 57% from the stripe in the playoffs they will most certainly be a 1st round exit.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I have this correct

Pistons have tie breakers over Orlando and Miami

Brooklyn has tie breakers over everyone

Orlando has tie breaker over Miami

Miami loses all tie breakers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should slap yourself just for this sentence alone.

Yeah, the Lakers were looking to win a title with that roster.

With what roster their current roster? lol I think you misunderstood my post bc that makes no sense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather have TT for 18 or Hassan for 28 is the better question
not only that but they barely even play Whiteside!!!!! hes a glorified paperweight at this point.

when you have a player like him you have to make huge changes to your defense and offense to accommodate him- and hes not good enough to warrant those accommodations. He is a relic!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you rather have TT for 18 or Hassan for 28 is the better question
exceedingly easy answer to that question.

Especially considering Thompson has a great work ethic, is a great teammate- while Whiteside is a me-first player that sticks out like a sore thumb in today's NBA. I mean it comes down to that TT helps you win games and Whiteside does not.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I have this correct

Pistons have tie breakers over Orlando and Miami

Brooklyn has tie breakers over everyone

Orlando has tie breaker over Miami

Miami loses all tie breakers

Wrong about Brooklyn and Miami.

That tiebreaker will be decided next week.

Currently Miami win that TB as they lead the season series 2-1. If Miami lose then BK would win that TB due to better conference record

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honest to God, that michael jackson documentary on HBO was just so fucked...its just sticking with me, i watched about half of it yesterday night and it just creeped me out so bad. I cant ever listen to his music the same......i knew the dude was a creep but i had no clue the level it rose too. Its just so bad. unreal.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is Pat Riley. same reason Magic Johnson gets a pass from most. Difference, though, is at least Riley has had success in a FO.

You haven't been here that long so I'll fill you in. wiggy's been talking nonsense about Riley for the moment LeBron went back to the Cavs. So the entire time it's been Riley this & Riley that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what roster their current roster? lol I think you misunderstood my post bc that makes no sense.

What makes no sense is saying:

"It's like they were trying to be the next team to change the NBA."

with a roster that was filled out with a bunch of 1 year placeholders. They weren't looking to win a title with the additions of KCP, McGee, Rondo and Stephenson.

They knew they weren't going to be shooting the 3 very well, so they figured they better be able to defend it. Before the injuries hit, it was working since they were in the top 10 defensively and sitting in the 4 spot for the playoffs.

It was never going to win them a title or even make for deep playoff run, let alone make them "the next team that's going to change the NBA".

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only that but they barely even play Whiteside!!!!! hes a glorified paperweight at this point.

when you have a player like him you have to make huge changes to your defense and offense to accommodate him- and hes not good enough to warrant those accommodations. He is a relic!

It's an interesting conversation if they made the same money

TT fits better because he is more malleable to any team or situation on most teams but Hassan still puts up crazy PER numbers rebounding pct.

His plus minus last year was atrocious though.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't been here that long so I'll fill you in. wiggy's been talking nonsense about Riley for the moment LeBron went back to the Cavs. So the entire time it's been Riley this & Riley that.

"lost his fastball"-WiggityWack

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, since Lebron came back here Riley has not been so great has he? Doubt Riley got bashed for losing Lebron like Gilbert did.

That said, I would not blame Riley for Lebron coming back. Probably similar to going to LA. Just wanted to be in Cleveland to get us a title. Also doubt he trusted Arison to spend.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the money argument, but still, the better PLAYER is the bigger issue, and it ain't Triscuit Cardassian...

Look at Whiteside's real plus/minus numbers on offense last year. They just aren't bad he was one of the worst negatively impacting offensive players in the league.

On the flip side when the AD/Hassan argument made more sense is when Drummond was shooting 38 percent from the line. That's unplayable in close games. Now he's around 60

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, he has been injured this year. He has the same role on any Cavs team, even before Lebron. His per 36 numbers actually went down when Lebron was on the Cavs. He has more opportunity without Lebron but exactly the same role. Good perimeter defender, strong rebounder especially offensive and hustles. This year he has been on and off the injured report though.

Actually this year, only around 40 games played has been his best season of his career. I will say he would get easier chances at scoring on missed layups with Lebron but it didn't help his overall numbers really, same player-same role.

Total irrelevant without James.
Cavs play for right to most lotto balls every season when they have TT and Co. on the court.

Numbers?
How many are in total garbage time vs anything meaningful?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes no sense is saying:

"It's like they were trying to be the next team to change the NBA."

with a roster that was filled out with a bunch of 1 year placeholders. They weren't looking to win a title with the additions of KCP, McGee, Rondo and Stephenson.

They knew they weren't going to be shooting the 3 very well, so they figured they better be able to defend it. Before the injuries hit, it was working since they were in the top 10 defensively and sitting in the 4 spot for the playoffs.

It was never going to win them a title or even make for deep playoff run, let alone make them "the next team that's going to change the NBA".
at the point of those signings you are probably right. Not much left they could do. It was their blunders before then that led them to that point.