• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was never really a debate. At best we thought Whiteside was around Drummond's level. His minutes are down, but he's been productive when he's played. It's clear that the Heat value Bam going forward. The real debate was Whiteside vs. Tristan Thompson.

Whiteside is a poor man's Drummond. He is a solid NBA player.

Unfortunately though, in the current NBA landscape, the difference between Drummond and Whiteside is the difference between a core player and a situational player.

Whiteside's per minute numbers are fantastic. I didn't watch last night, but was Whiteside the reason for the zone @bksballer89 was complaining about?

I digress.

With 1 year left on their respective deals, I do think TT as an expiring contract is a functional short term option that a contender might deal for if they can unload a bad contract with a pick. I am not sure Whiteside has that same appeal.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately though, in the current NBA landscape, the difference between Drummond and Whiteside is the difference between a core player and a situational player.

Whiteside's per minute numbers are fantastic. I didn't watch last night, but was Whiteside the reason for the zone @bksballer89 was complaining about?

I digress.

With 1 year left on their respective deals, I do think TT as an expiring contract is a functional short term option that a contender might deal for if they can unload a bad contract with a pick. I am not sure Whiteside has that same appeal.

Plus TT knows his role and has played it at the highest level possible. It seems Whiteside has settled in with fewer minutes though I will give him that.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus TT knows his role and has played it at the highest level possible. It seems Whiteside has settled in with fewer minutes though I will give him that.

TT's success at that role was mainly because of James and the others who were on the court with him.
If the Cavs have James and 3 shooters on the court, who is the opponent not worrying about?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I digress.

Drummond is now the more consistent player, partly because of the addition of Bam, but neither as your main guy is winning you anything.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spo really annoys me at times.

Boston continues to find the soft spot in the zone and are getting easy looks for Horford/Tatum in the middle of the zone but Spo refuses to switch to man.

So damn stupid.

Even though Boston won on Monday, they made the better adjustments heading into yesterdays game.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT's success at that role was mainly because of James and the others who were on the court with him.
If the Cavs have James and 3 shooters on the court, who is the opponent not worrying about?

TT was not on the floor the first few games of the Pacers series last year and his absence was exceedingly noticeable.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT was not on the floor the first few games of the Pacers series last year and his absence was exceedingly noticeable.

Cavs made a decision to start Love, correct.
Of course the difference in the play of the 2 will be noticeable, but Cavs still originally thought it was a better option.
Tristan was available as far as I recall, I think even played a little?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really. Spo loves the 2-3 zone which usually does work but last night it wasn't. Boston is one of the smart teams who actually know how to attack the zone

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though Boston won on Monday, they made the better adjustments heading into yesterdays game.

Yep.

In order for Miami to make the playoffs, I think they must win 3 of their final 4.

I'm hoping Toronto are resting players on Sunday as they should be locked in as the 2 seed by that game. Ditto for Philly on Tuesday as they will be locked in as the 3 seed by then.

Our shitty record vs the East is going to probably keep us out of the playoffs.

The only good thing about Boston beating us last night is it forces them to not rest players on Sunday when they play Orlando.

I got Orlando at 40-42, same for Brooklyn, Detroit, us at 41-41, and Detroit at 42-40.

I think Brooklyn makes the playoffs in that scenario as they won the H2H with Orlando this year

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its going to come down to Heat/Nets winner final night.
If they dont make it, look no further then their season record in home games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

In order for Miami to make the playoffs, I think they must win 3 of their final 4.

I'm hoping Toronto are resting players on Sunday as they should be locked in as the 2 seed by that game. Ditto for Philly on Tuesday as they will be locked in as the 3 seed by then.

Our shitty record vs the East is going to probably keep us out of the playoffs.

The only good thing about Boston beating us last night is it forces them to not rest players on Sunday when they play Orlando.

I got Orlando at 40-42, same for Brooklyn, Detroit, us at 41-41, and Detroit at 42-40.

I think Brooklyn makes the playoffs in that scenario as they won the H2H with Orlando this year

Richardson MRI today.
Prob not good short term.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Record in home games and record vs the East.

If you just looked at the Heat record on the road and against the top 8 in the West, you would think they would be in the 4/5 slot.

They not only have a better road record than Boston and Indy but their record against the West is also better than both of those teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was never really a debate. At best we thought Whiteside was around Drummond's level. His minutes are down, but he's been productive when he's played. It's clear that the Heat value Bam going forward. The real debate was Whiteside vs. Tristan Thompson.
and itsobvio usly tristan

whiteside is one of the biggestw astes of moneyinthee in the entire NBA and is a born loser- a "traditional" center just not needed (or wanted) in todays NBA with a poor attitude, poor work ethic, and no team game.

this will be my one and only post on it today because we have discussed this ad nausuem, but i mean- everything i said pretty much came true

whiteside cant shoot, cant pass, and cant switch on the perimeter. he is a relic of a bygone era of the NBA. Spoelstra has basically made him a 25M dollar paperweight. Riley would give up his first born son for Whiteside to decline his player option for freaking 27M this off season. He does not help you win. Hes a 25M dollar a year chump.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they won't play Amir, but instead they're willing to play Greg Monroe?????? Come da fuck on man. And No Shake and Zhaire tonight huh......this might be an early exit this playof season.

What are your referring to with the Monroe contract?

I think we need to keep things in perspective. IMO, Brown is trying to see how different players can perform. Shake wasn't given an NBA contract so he won't be on the playoff roster.

These games are mostly meaningless.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/ivica-zubac-lakers-fans-want-140100161.html

Ivica Zubac to Lakers fans: ‘If you want to watch playoff basketball, we’re at Staples’

“A bunch of fans have come up to me and they say, ‘Why did we trade you? The Lakers front office did the biggest mistake,’” Zubac said Tuesday before the Clippers practiced at their training facility in Playa Vista. “Everyone’s like, ‘We miss you.’ And I always say, ‘I’m on a better team now. You don’t have to be sad for me.’ And I always make sure to tell them, ‘Check our game out if you want to see good basketball.

“I always make sure to tell them, ‘If you want to watch playoff basketball, we’re at Staples,’” he added. “So it’s up to them, but I’m always gonna keep trying. People got this bad image about Clippers, like Clippers did something bad. But the thing is, the Clippers never did something bad, they’re just another team in L.A.”

thats cold.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs made a decision to start Love, correct.
Of course the difference in the play of the 2 will be noticeable, but Cavs still originally thought it was a better option.
Tristan was available as far as I recall, I think even played a little?
wtf are you talking about? Love started the whole time- it was never a decision of Love vs. Thompson.....lol....can i borrow your whiny comment? "ughh dont talk about things you dont watch waa waa waa" hows it go?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and itsobvio usly tristan

whiteside is one of the biggestw astes of moneyinthee in the entire NBA and is a born loser- a "traditional" center just not needed (or wanted) in todays NBA with a poor attitude, poor work ethic, and no team game.

this will be my one and only post on it today because we have discussed this ad nausuem, but i mean- everything i said pretty much came true

whiteside cant shoot, cant pass, and cant switch on the perimeter. he is a relic of a bygone era of the NBA. Spoelstra has basically made him a 25M dollar paperweight. Riley would give up his first born son for Whiteside to decline his player option for freaking 27M this off season. He does not help you win. Hes a 25M dollar a year chump.

Good news here is that you’re saying its going to be your only post on the topic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would blame it more on the mediocre roster that is locked in and having a 26M dollar a year paperweight that does not help you win.