• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing we DO know....if Riley was offered Thompson for Whiteside he would do it in half a second. lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf are you talking about? Love started the whole time- it was never a decision of Love vs. Thompson.....lol....can i borrow your whiny comment? "ughh dont talk about things you dont watch waa waa waa" hows it go?

Love started at C to start the series, correct?
Who did he replace?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls win.

Cavs, if they werent before, def. locked into a top 3 slot.

i wonder if there is anyway the Suns can beat the Jazz tonight...prob not but one can hope.
still not sure what tiebreaker will be if they tie. Split season series.

If our opponents want to win we should lose all 3. Maybe Suns beat NO at home?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still not sure what tiebreaker will be if they tie. Split season series.

If our opponents want to win we should lose all 3. Maybe Suns beat NO at home?
not a huge deal the difference between 2 and 3 but the downside is a little less at 2.....gotta find some pretense to keep Love and TT out. lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf are you talking about? for most of the tenure with the Cavs Love and Tristan have started together

Correct, and vs Pacers last year, start of playoffs, they didn’t.

Putting Love at C, replaced whom?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs made a decision to start Love, correct.
Of course the difference in the play of the 2 will be noticeable, but Cavs still originally thought it was a better option.
Tristan was available as far as I recall, I think even played a little?

Love has always played the 4 with TT on the floor

I guess they can play both really.

I'd have to look at who started I think it was Nance

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT's success at that role was mainly because of James and the others who were on the court with him.
If the Cavs have James and 3 shooters on the court, who is the opponent not worrying about?

Nope, he has been injured this year. He has the same role on any Cavs team, even before Lebron. His per 36 numbers actually went down when Lebron was on the Cavs. He has more opportunity without Lebron but exactly the same role. Good perimeter defender, strong rebounder especially offensive and hustles. This year he has been on and off the injured report though.

Actually this year, only around 40 games played has been his best season of his career. I will say he would get easier chances at scoring on missed layups with Lebron but it didn't help his overall numbers really, same player-same role.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, he has been injured this year. He has the same role on any Cavs team, even before Lebron. His per 36 numbers actually went down when Lebron was on the Cavs. He has more opportunity without Lebron but exactly the same role. Good perimeter defender, strong rebounder especially offensive and hustles. This year he has been on and off the injured report though.

Actually this year, only around 40 games played has been his best season of his career. I will say he would get easier chances at scoring on missed layups with Lebron but it didn't help his overall numbers really, same player-same role.

That is his.biggest asset esides being an excellent rebounder is his ability to switch on defense. If it's the 90's Hassan is probably the better true center probably. Not that TT is a slouch in the post though.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your referring to with the Monroe contract?

I think we need to keep things in perspective. IMO, Brown is trying to see how different players can perform. Shake wasn't given an NBA contract so he won't be on the playoff roster.

These games are mostly meaningless.

These games aren't meaningless if ur still trying to build chemistry. These games aren't meaningless when u can't defend at all. If u think they're gonna turn it on come playoff time, ok. I wanna believe right along with you bro.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit in 15/16 the numbers between Whiteside and Drummond were pretty comparable. Although AD was an all star.

I don't recall anything from Hassan like what Drummond did this past February. If Drummond could deliver that consistently he'd be a top 15 player. But he doesn't and isn't even close.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These games aren't meaningless if ur still trying to build chemistry. These games aren't meaningless when u can't defend at all. If u think they're gonna turn it on come playoff time, ok. I wanna believe right along with you bro.

Greg played some solid minutes on the Celtics last year

Probably why he's on your squad

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had dementia, sure.

He actually might.

But mostly because TT makes less money. It would come down to whether they wanted Bam's back up to a completely different style player, or simply a less skilled energy guy who can do the same things defensively.

If it were me I would rather have TT as Bam's backup.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually might.

But mostly because TT makes less money. It would come down to whether they wanted Bam's back up to a completely different style player, or simply a less skilled energy guy who can do the same things defensively.

If it were me I would rather have TT as Bam's backup.

I like how you're referring to TT as Bam's potential backup.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and itsobvio usly tristan

whiteside is one of the biggestw astes of moneyinthee in the entire NBA and is a born loser- a "traditional" center just not needed (or wanted) in todays NBA with a poor attitude, poor work ethic, and no team game.

this will be my one and only post on it today because we have discussed this ad nausuem, but i mean- everything i said pretty much came true

whiteside cant shoot, cant pass, and cant switch on the perimeter. he is a relic of a bygone era of the NBA. Spoelstra has basically made him a 25M dollar paperweight. Riley would give up his first born son for Whiteside to decline his player option for freaking 27M this off season. He does not help you win. Hes a 25M dollar a year chump.

Yeah I'll believe it when I see it. He's still better than TT.