• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I mean, i guess i should not expect someone who is not intelligent enough and or does not pay attention to that kind of thing to know better- but then again that person (you) should also not talk out their ass."

LOL @WiggyRuss saying this to anyone else!!!:L
says the guy that continues to defend the terrible job Pat Riley has done the last few years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Cleveland fans can't read the title of the thread in which they're posting. Take your baseball argument elsewhere.
Here is some basketball:

D3PsOTOWsAAsOTy.jpg:large

Other than this from @HowardBeck, things are going great for the Lakers

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well how about do something crazy and have a higher budget? Take advantage of maybe the best FO and SPs in the game? That's the problem here....the budget is too low for a contending team.

I cannot understand why you would be an apologist for Dolan.
Because he can't say anything bad about Cleveland teams

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you Google search "shitshow" ^^^this will show up
when Aldridge turned down the Lakers we heard many of the same things. That the organization really is behind the curve with analytics, sports science, player development etc......things that the top organizations have invested heavily in over the last few years- I know the Cavs invest heavily in analytics and player development. Houston is probably most famous for it. GSW is obviously up there as are many other teams. It seems that the Lakers have an "old school" approach that is lagging behind other team's more sophisticated and modernized strategies.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when Aldridge turned down the Lakers we heard many of the same things. That the organization really is behind the curve with analytics, sports science, player development etc......things that the top organizations have invested heavily in over the last few years- I know the Cavs invest heavily in analytics and player development. Houston is probably most famous for it. GSW is obviously up there as are many other teams. It seems that the Lakers have an "old school" approach that is lagging behind other team's more sophisticated and modernized strategies.
Also remember when Love and Westbrook (before PG) were allegedly locks to go to the Lakers when they could.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm mean, I'm just speculating, but the past few heavy recruiting cycles it always in my mind felt like their pitch was "we're the fucking LA Lakers...what else we gotta say?"

Now I'm not saying that's entirely true, and I'm of course biased against them, but it always seemed like they had it in the bag when it came to locking down free agents. And I'm not gonna lie it seemed like they were back on track with Lebron, but then came all the questionable signings after that which made me think they have no vision (for this season). It made sense for big short term deals, but the skill-sets they acquired were horrible.

Analytics these days are all about the 3 ball and the Lakers just said "nah we good fam" to all that. And then topped it off by saying they weren't lacking shooting to begin with.

You may be on to something with the analytics approach...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mean, I'm just speculating, but the past few heavy recruiting cycles it always in my mind felt like their pitch was "we're the fucking LA Lakers...what else we gotta say?"

Now I'm not saying that's entirely true, and I'm of course biased against them, but it always seemed like they had it in the bag when it came to locking down free agents. And I'm not gonna lie it seemed like they were back on track with Lebron, but then came all the questionable signings after that which made me think they have no vision (for this season). It made sense for big short term deals, but the skill-sets they acquired were horrible.

Analytics these days are all about the 3 ball and the Lakers just said "nah we good fam" to all that. And then topped it off by saying they weren't lacking shooting to begin with.

You may be on to something with the analytics approach...

It's like they were trying to be the next team to change the NBA. Lets get guys that can defend the perimeter but lets get no shooting around Lebron. It backfired and backfired quick. But after you sign a player like Lebron there isn't time for experimenting and try new things out. I just don't see what they can do to change this roster or compete for a championship. We now know how the league values their young players, they couldn't give their entire team to the Pelicans for AD.

I mean even their young players don't really resemble what you need to build around for a successful run at the Finals. Kuzma, good young player but he is a decent outside shooter. Ingram, inconsistent and talented but he cant shoot. Ball, struggles to score and he can't shoot. You can have all the very good defenders and playmakers that you want but if you can't shoot...good luck. Right now they have little value.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the guy that continues to defend the terrible job Pat Riley has done the last few years.

Discussing thoughts on how and why, when at least you know what happened is totally different then offering opinions on things you dont watch or know.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discussing thoughts on how and why, when at least you know what happened is totally different then offering opinions on things you dont watch or know.
Helen Keller could see that Riley has shit the bed and is throwing 82 mph gopher balls.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like they were trying to be the next team to change the NBA. Lets get guys that can defend the perimeter but lets get no shooting around Lebron. It backfired and backfired quick. But after you sign a player like Lebron there isn't time for experimenting and try new things out. I just don't see what they can do to change this roster or compete for a championship. We now know how the league values their young players, they couldn't give their entire team to the Pelicans for AD.

I mean even their young players don't really resemble what you need to build around for a successful run at the Finals. Kuzma, good young player but he is a decent outside shooter. Ingram, inconsistent and talented but he cant shoot. Ball, struggles to score and he can't shoot. You can have all the very good defenders and playmakers that you want but if you can't shoot...good luck. Right now they have little value.
The Big 4 Free Agents, Kawhi, Kyrie, Klay and Durant are likely not going to LA.

I doubt Kemba goes as i think staying in place, or going to his hometown of NY is more likely- but I wouldnt totally rule him out either.

I could see Jimmy Butler going, who would help in the next year or two, but I dont think I would want to give Jimmy Butler 4 years 140M dollars. He will be 30 when next season starts, and is, in my opinion, a major head case.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP Race according to @ESPNStatsInfo's Total Win Probability Added: 1. James Harden 26.5 2. Andre Drummond 22.6 3. Giannis Antetokounmpo 22.4 4. Karl-Anthony Towns 22.1 5. Paul George 20.6

Drummond > Whiteside

#timevindicates

@TurnUpTheHeat

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 4 Free Agents, Kawhi, Kyrie, Klay and Durant are likely not going to LA.

I doubt Kemba goes as i think staying in place, or going to his hometown of NY is more likely- but I wouldnt totally rule him out either.

I could see Jimmy Butler going, who would help in the next year or two, but I dont think I would want to give Jimmy Butler 4 years 140M dollars. He will be 30 when next season starts, and is, in my opinion, a major head case.
All the FAs

They only need to win in the next year or two. Butler would work for them.

If your name starts with K you ain't going to the Lakers: Kemba, Klay, Kevin, Kyrie, Kawhi

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like there's going to be even more opportunity next year for Pat McC....nevermind.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helen Keller could see that Riley has shit the bed and is throwing 82 mph gopher balls.

If Riley is so awful why hasn't he been fired & why isn't the national media on him for the so called bad job he's doing? Oh wait I know the answers. You're full of shit, as usual.