• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't quite understand the Reds trade other than it's pretty clear Wood and Puig weren't in their long term plans so they washed out money almost equally to take on two minor Leaguers.

Dodgers had a lot of options already on the roster for late rotation SP and OF. They still have plenty of OF options to try to find PT for: Bellinger, Pederson, Pollock, Taylor, and Verdugo (and Hernandez, who was moved to 2B but then limits Muncy's PT). That's after dumping Puig and Kemp.

I hated to see Puig go, but after hearing him say publicly that he never tried that hard with the Dodgers, I can see why they were frustrated with him. Certainly soured my opinion of him.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons remaining Schedule

@Indiana
Indiana
@OKC
Charlotte
Memphis
@New York

I"m thinking 3-3

Nets Remaining

Milwaukee
Toronto
@Milwaukee
@ Indiana
Miami

2-3

Miami

@Boston
Boston
@Minnesota
@Toronto
Philly
@Brooklyn

I think a lot hinges on whether Philly has something to play for

but on paper 2-4

Orlando

@Toronto
@NY
Atlanta
@Boston
@Charlotte

2-2 and it all comes down to Charlotte I think they win on the road and go 3-2

Final Standings

Detroit 42-40
Brooklyn 41-41
Orlando 41-41

Miami misses out at 40-42

Very tight can go a lot of different ways

All four teams lost last night

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm thinking. As you or @WiggyRuss pointed out, the Indians can't really compete financially with teams like the Dodgers or Yankees long term.

But they could for 2-4 years to get themselves a World Series.

And that is my point.

Small market teams are lucky if they can get a 2-3 year window each decade to contend. This is Cleveland's window. They need to be willing to spend a little extra right now before it closes. Once Lindor and all those pitchers head out of town on megadeals, the Tribe can go back to pinching pennies then.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying. But you don't think they could spend more for say 2-3 years to get what they need to go all in for a World Series and then have a "fire sale"?

The Marlin blue print!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's another reason they need to cap deal lengths.

It's really hard to factor out past five years. Unless you sign Cabrera to an extension until he's 40 when he still has two years left. That you know will be a fail regardless.

But having to sign Lindor for eight years as a small market team? It's tough

Yeah.

Those super long deals are flat out stupid.

I really hope baseball addresses this in the next collective bargaining session.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure of the fit with Carsen. Then you would have a starting backcourt with 2 undersized shot-first "PGs". Someone has to get the rest of the team involved, and someone has to be able to defend.

Carsen is likely a 2nd round pick still, IMO.

Unless he shows scouts that he can play point at the combine. He has a place in the NBA for sure, but 5'11" SGs defintely need the right fit to succeed. And I agree that playing with Sexton probably isn't it.

He would be ideally suited to be an instant offense bench player on a team with a big PG capable of guarding wings.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be so negative bc the Cavs might actually draft this kid but I think he is overrated. Nothing impressed me watching him play. He goes to hole with his head down. I fear that if they pick him it will fuck them for the next 3-4 years at least.

Who would you want them to take if they got 3rd pick?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Those super long deals are flat out stupid.

I really hope baseball addresses this in the next collective bargaining session.

Yep. I would say have the teams give up a year of team control but utilize restricted free agency and address the contract length issue and also perhaps the compensation pick setup. I think a lot of players go unsigned because teams don't want to give up picks for them. Basically balance the thing out a little better there is no reason Bryce should get 13 years and there is no reason Craig Kimbrel is unemployed right now or guys are get low balled who are in the mid tier of the league because no one is spending on them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you want them to take if they got 3rd pick?

That is the tricky part.

Obviously, if they got the #1 - Williamson.
If they got the #2 I would want them to get Morant over R.J ---easily.

They kinda are stuck with R.J. with the #3 even though I like a couple other guys: Culver, Reddish and Hunter.

I think at #3 you can't not be happy with R.J. there and I might be exaggerating but I just don't like R.J. I think even guys like Hunter, Culver even Reddish will have more success in the NBA.

I just don't see one thing that makes R.J. elite. Even Reddish can be an elite shooter imo. R.J. is great in transition but that's about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the tricky part.

Obviously, if they got the #1 - Williamson.
If they got the #2 I would want them to get Morant over R.J ---easily.

They kinda are stuck with R.J. with the #3 even though I like a couple other guys: Culver, Reddish and Hunter.

I think at #3 you can't not be happy with R.J. there and I might be exaggerating but I just don't like R.J. I think even guys like Hunter, Culver even Reddish will have more success in the NBA.

I just don't see one thing that makes R.J. elite. Even Reddish can be an elite shooter imo. R.J. is great in transition but that's about it.
Hunter kind of gives me an Otto Porter JR. vibe....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter kind of gives me an Otto Porter JR. vibe....

That is not a bad thing.

Otto Porter is a solid player. But he is grossly overpaid and he is a bit of a diva.

I can assure you Hunter is not a diva. He has the highest floor of all the players available outside the top 3. He will be a solid NBA player.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best news ever!

Well, not quite.

If you told me it was a package deal with John wall's contract that would be the best news ever.

But I'll take it!

You better check to make sure this isn't an extended April Fools joke. This is the Wizards afterall

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His game also reminds me of Kawhi Leonard in a way

What I like best about Hunter is also what frustrates me about him at times.

He is ridiculously even keeled. He never seems to be affected by emotions and almost seems robotic at times. Sometimes you want to see that fire come out, but he is also unfazed by big moments because he can stay cool.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like best about Hunter is also what frustrates me about him at times.

He is ridiculously even keeled. He never seems to be affected by emotions and almost seems robotic at times. Sometimes you want to see that fire come out, but he is also unfazed by big moments because he can stay cool.

Yeah that is a good thing but could be a bad thing. Kawhi is the same way imo. The dude shows zero emotion