• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I could post the Warriors from basically 93-2008 and it would be every bit as painful.

I know I'm being nitpicky with Bob, but the Warriors stated they were going to try a youth movement with at least the role players. That can't happen if you don't have any quality young players.

The Warriors model is top heavy. As such they need key pieces around them to produce.

True.

And if KD leaves they will have a difficult pathway. I think they would have one more year as a contender, but not the favorite. Then all bets are off after that.

Still though, that is the primary goal of the current labor deal. Make it really hard for superteams to last more than 2 or 3 years. You would have to be pretty darn close to perfect to keep it going longer than that.

The Warriors have done a damn good job.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they guy has done a solid job but your concerns with him are valid. Guess if you wanted to pick more nits you could say he lucked into Curry because of 2 Minnesota brain farts and Durant (like Cousins) was coming because of his teammates, not Bob.

Well it was a sell job on Durant by the players. Most importantly Durant said was Curry because he had to gauge what his reaction would be to him possibly going there.

But Bob wasn't with the Warriors when Curry was Drafted. He was also minimally involved in Klay's selection in 2011, but he was integral to them drafting Barnes, Draymond and Ezeli, and instrumental in getting Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston who have been steadying forces for the Warriors. I give him credit where credit as due. His tenure as Warriors GM is still an A overall. I'm just concerned about the next few seasons with a lack of any quality young players. Hell our best young player is Looney, who will/should be gone next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was a sell job on Durant by the players. Most importantly Durant said was Curry because he had to gauge what his reaction would be to him possibly going there.

But Bob wasn't with the Warriors when Curry was Drafted. He was also minimally involved in Klay's selection in 2011, but he was integral to them drafting Barnes, Draymond and Ezeli, and instrumental in getting Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston who have been steadying forces for the Warriors. I give him credit where credit as due. His tenure as Warriors GM is still an A overall. I'm just concerned about the next few seasons with a lack of any quality young players. Hell our best young player is Looney, who will/should be gone next year.
and dont forget they were so enamored with Draymond that they drafted Ezeli ahead of him.

Absolutely give the Warriors a ton of credit for drafting Draymond- but lets not act like they were "light years" ahead in that particular instance.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they guy has done a solid job but your concerns with him are valid. Guess if you wanted to pick more nits you could say he lucked into Curry because of 2 Minnesota brain farts and Durant (like Cousins) was coming because of his teammates, not Bob.
I don't think he drafted Curry, but if he did shouldn't he still get some credit? Or do we not credit Jerry Krause for drafting Jordan who somehow fell to third?

And as far as KD, yes the players recruited him but surely the GM was a big part of it, especially the details of the contract and letting him know the franchise was all in on him

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and dont forget they were so enamored with Draymond that they drafted Ezeli ahead of him.

Absolutely give the Warriors a ton of credit for drafting Draymond- but lets not act like they were "light years" ahead in that particular instance.

Still gotta draft him though. You can justify it anyway you want. They made a calculated move to draft a guy who they thought might not slip to them at 35, versus not taking a guy at 30, who they thought could slip to their third pick. The Warriors ended up with the two guys they wanted. It's a matter of strategy.

Definitely a "light years" pick.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he drafted Curry, but if he did shouldn't he still get some credit? Or do we not credit Jerry Krause for drafting Jordan who somehow fell to third?

And as far as KD, yes the players recruited him but surely the GM was a big part of it, especially the details of the contract and letting him know the franchise was all in on him

Larry Riley and Don Nelson were responsible for the Curry pick. But yes, they do deserve credit because the Warriors already had a combo guard who was a borderline All-Star in Monta Ellis. The pick on the surface didn't make a ton of sense from a fit perspective. I think a lot of us forget about that. I personally didn't think Curry would be there at 7 and I didn't have Jonny Flynn at my board then. I thought for sure the Warriors were going to take Jordan Hill.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needs to pull a Costanza and say, "Is that wrong? I tell ya I have to plead ignorance. If someone had told me this was frowned upon...."
The kid is just a moron.

This is the kind of prank vets woulda pull on a rookie.

2nd year guys shouldn't be doing this Shit to a goddamn Coach.

George ain't splanning this one away for Bell's thieving ass....lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fucking candle?

...and a vet told him to do it?

Hmmmm.....

If this is true, I owe Mr. Bell a apology.

IF TRUE....

The Chronicle has confirmed details of the thread, including that Bell was suspended for charging a candle to assistant coach Mike Brown’s hotel bill. It was a “pretty accurate account of how things went down,” a source close to Bell told The Chronicle of the thread, which was tweeted by Twitter user @MGRADS.

The charge to Brown’s room was supposed to be part of a team prank, a source confirmed with The Chronicle. The thread alleges that “one of Golden State’s All-Stars tried to tell Brown it was just a joke & they’d pay for it but the team didn’t think it was funny.”

Twitter account @MGRADS describes the user as a “basketball insider” located in Los Angeles. The user tweeted that last season, when Bell was a rookie, older players charged little things like candy bars and sodas to his room. To get back at them, Bell started charging items to players’ room, and in Memphis this week, decided to charge a candle to Brown’s room.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A fucking candle?

...and a vet told him to do it?

Hmmmm.....

If this is true, I owe Mr. Bell a apology.

IF TRUE....

The Chronicle has confirmed details of the thread, including that Bell was suspended for charging a candle to assistant coach Mike Brown’s hotel bill. It was a “pretty accurate account of how things went down,” a source close to Bell told The Chronicle of the thread, which was tweeted by Twitter user @MGRADS.

The charge to Brown’s room was supposed to be part of a team prank, a source confirmed with The Chronicle. The thread alleges that “one of Golden State’s All-Stars tried to tell Brown it was just a joke & they’d pay for it but the team didn’t think it was funny.”

Twitter account @MGRADS describes the user as a “basketball insider” located in Los Angeles. The user tweeted that last season, when Bell was a rookie, older players charged little things like candy bars and sodas to his room. To get back at them, Bell started charging items to players’ room, and in Memphis this week, decided to charge a candle to Brown’s room.

I find it really weird that if this was the case, and you had vet players not to mention your stars vouching for Bell then it seems like a weird line in the sand for the organization to draw. I think the organization in general might just be tired of Bell's shit. It's almost like a reputation thing now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still gotta draft him though. You can justify it anyway you want. They made a calculated move to draft a guy who they thought might not slip to them at 35, versus not taking a guy at 30, who they thought could slip to their third pick. The Warriors ended up with the two guys they wanted. It's a matter of strategy.

That is the thing.

If you draft a player at 5 that is expected to be available at 35 then you aren't maximizing your draft value. You might be right and hit sometimes, but it is a losing strategy long term.

Even if they were absolutely 100% convinced Draymond would be a good player (obviously they weren't) you still have to try and maximize value. Trading down could have netted them extra assets and still allowed them to get their Guy.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the thing.

If you draft a player at 5 that is expected to be available at 35 then you aren't maximizing your draft value. You might be right and hit sometimes, but it is a losing strategy long term.

Even if they were absolutely 100% convinced Draymond would be a good player (obviously they weren't) you still have to try and maximize value. Trading down could have netted them extra assets and still allowed them to get their Guy.

It would actually be kind of interesting to revisit some drafts and see who the biggest "reaches" were that ended up to be star players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

drafting Ezeli in front of Draymond?

cmon now.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting Ezeli in front of Draymond?

cmon now.

Calm down with your bullshit ratings lol.

You disagree, you disagree, don't have to get your jimmies all rustled over it. I'm not here to change your opinion on it. Clearly no one thought Draymond would be this good. Otherwise he would have gone 30 picks higher.

What I'm saying is the Warriors at least had him on their radar. The Cavs had 3 opportunities before the Warriors to draft him and they didn't. The Warriors had Ezeli higher on their board and took him. Draymond was a luxury pick, but at least they thought of him.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down with your bullshit ratings lol.

You disagree, you disagree, don't have to get your jimmies all rustled over it. I'm not here to change your opinion on it. Clearly no one thought Draymond would be this good. Otherwise he would have gone 30 picks higher.

What I'm saying is the Warriors at least had him on their radar. The Cavs had 3 opportunities before the Warriors to draft him and they didn't. The Warriors had Ezeli higher on their board and took him. Draymond was a luxury pick, but at least they thought of him.
His jimmies are always rustled. Most uptight poster on the Hoop.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His jimmies are always rustled. Most uptight poster on the Hoop.

Out of all my negative ratings, I'm pretty sure Wiggy has given me 3/4ths of them. LOL.