• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These nets are concerning me.

Want my damn courtside playoffs seats lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me how a supposed shooter like Cam Reddish can't do shit when he theoretically has it so easy since Zion and RJ get all the attention. Dude should be cleaning up on easy buckets. Only reason he's still in the top 10 is because this draft is hot garbage past the top 3. Like if you're sitting at number 4 and draft someone who is listed at #30 on the mock I wouldn't even be mad. It can't be a reach when damn near every prospect is a :noidea:

Hot garbage is an exaggeration, but there is a tier separating the top 3 from the rest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers‏Verified account @cavs
Love is in the rarefied air. Congratulations to @kevinlove on becoming just the 8th player in @NBA history to tally 12K points, 7K rebounds and 1K three pointers made!

He is 30. Will go down as one of the very best big man shooters in the history of the game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he drafted Curry, but if he did shouldn't he still get some credit? Or do we not credit Jerry Krause for drafting Jordan who somehow fell to third?

And as far as KD, yes the players recruited him but surely the GM was a big part of it, especially the details of the contract and letting him know the franchise was all in on him
some credit? sure. But sometimes picks like these are dumb luck. If he knew Curry would be Curry so way he sits there and hopes he falls to him. And same for Green. But, yeah...he's the one who took them (well, Green).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is just a moron.

This is the kind of prank vets woulda pull on a rookie.

2nd year guys shouldn't be doing this Shit to a goddamn Coach.

George ain't splanning this one away for Bell's thieving ass....lol
well put but don't underestimate the power of Costanza.

If all else fails, don't forget..."it's not a lie if you believe it."

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the thing.

If you draft a player at 5 that is expected to be available at 35 then you aren't maximizing your draft value. You might be right and hit sometimes, but it is a losing strategy long term.

Even if they were absolutely 100% convinced Draymond would be a good player (obviously they weren't) you still have to try and maximize value. Trading down could have netted them extra assets and still allowed them to get their Guy.
My issue with giving "credit" for these types of picks is it is as much luck as skill. If they thought Green would be Green they don't stay there and hope he drops.

No different than Seattle and NE drafting Wilson and Brady IMO. Their own teams passed on them multiple times. Great that they picked them, but no way they knew.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would actually be kind of interesting to revisit some drafts and see who the biggest "reaches" were that ended up to be star players.
My guess is there would be some but not a lot...probably more in the NFL.

Not always the case, but seems like NBA teams stick close to draft rankings/mock drafts. why? my guess is they are afraid to be second guessed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down with your bullshit ratings lol.

You disagree, you disagree, don't have to get your jimmies all rustled over it. I'm not here to change your opinion on it. Clearly no one thought Draymond would be this good. Otherwise he would have gone 30 picks higher.

What I'm saying is the Warriors at least had him on their radar. The Cavs had 3 opportunities before the Warriors to draft him and they didn't. The Warriors had Ezeli higher on their board and took him. Draymond was a luxury pick, but at least they thought of him.
True. We know GS thought of him. Cavs might have but who knows. But still...Ezeli?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with giving "credit" for these types of picks is it is as much luck as skill. If they thought Green would be Green they don't stay there and hope he drops.

No different than Seattle and NE drafting Wilson and Brady IMO. Their own teams passed on them multiple times. Great that they picked them, but no way they knew.
i mean not only that- but they picked Festus Ezeli over him just a few picks before. lol...i mean cmon.

Gilbert supposedly wanted to draft fellow MSU alum Green but deferred to the front office. Supposedly Gilbert also wanted Oladipo over Bennett------- but thats when he did not used to meddle. Now he meddles, and maybe I can see why sometimes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

This mock actually has Cleveland taking Harrison Barnes at 4 and Draymond Green at 24. LMAO.
yah--- Gilbert is an MSU alum and loved Green. He deferred to Griffin----- as i said in my previous post- he deferred to Griffin on Bennett too instead of Oladipo when Gilbert wanted Oladipo

I think those are 2 big reasons why Gilbert did not exactly feel like he NEEDED to keep Griffin. While i think that they DEFINITELY should have kept Griffin, i think this is a reason why they didnt.

I know that Gilbert was a huge Sexton fan.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean not only that- but they picked Festus Ezeli over him just a few picks before. lol...i mean cmon.

Gilbert supposedly wanted to draft fellow MSU alum Green but deferred to the front office. Supposedly Gilbert also wanted Oladipo over Bennett------- but thats when he did not used to meddle. Now he meddles, and maybe I can see why sometimes.
Never heard that Gilbert wanted Oladipo but our former GM who is no longer a GM (allegedly being gone the reason Lebron left) said he helped persuade Grant to take Bennett.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah--- Gilbert is an MSU alum and loved Green. He deferred to Griffin----- as i said in my previous post- he deferred to Griffin on Bennett too instead of Oladipo when Gilbert wanted Oladipo

I think those are 2 big reasons why Gilbert did not exactly feel like he NEEDED to keep Griffin. While i think that they DEFINITELY should have kept Griffin, i think this is a reason why they didnt.

I know that Gilbert was a huge Sexton fan.
I figured/hoped they'd keep him, but really he was just OK.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard that Gilbert wanted Oladipo but our former GM who is no longer a GM (allegedly being gone the reason Lebron left) said he helped persuade Grant to take Bennett.
Cavaliers Rumors: Dan Gilbert Wanted Victor Oladipo, Not Anthony Bennett in '13

Adrian Wojnarowski

✔@wojespn

Indy largely agreed on Cavs-Nugs 3-way (GHarris/Lyles/Cavs FRP). Gilbert/George planned to get on call before Indy took OKC deal. Gilbert comments seemed to be on Indy bailing on deal, not Oladipo. Ironically, Gilbert wanted VO in 2013, but deferred to front office on A. Bennett.