• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know where the Playoff prediction thread is?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I do agree with some of what you say and have said so. I do let it go on longer than I should, but weird the person it goes on with is never the one called out for it.

see @tlance another arguing based on poster and not post. As many issues as I might have one of them is not having debates with myself. There are a number of folks here who do what so many accuse me of.

And, yes, I'm down with the teasing here, but sometimes it can go over the top. Not my style but is what it is.

WWould add your style is simply never admit you are wrong.....ever. And are one of the "argue based on poster and not post" guys.

See, I don't think I do that aside from with Wiggy. And he deserves it because of how he treats me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I don't think I do that aside from with Wiggy. And he deserves it because of how he treats me.
Cannot say I'm sure you do this (but will point it out if I see it). Guess is you don't.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Lou's numbers when he was 26. Lou has gotten better over the last 3-4 years.
Clarkson is still young. He needs to improve his 3 point shot but it is down from previous years. Clarkson is more of a shot-maker than Lou was at his age. If you don't think Lou forces shots you must not watch him play. He can go off for 30 points but he isn't efficient by an means. He is an elite scorer off the bench, when you need buckets he gets them. Clarkson's purpose is exactly the same.

I've been saying since his rookie season that Clarkson's ceiling is Lou Williams.

But to me, he's kind of at a bit of a crossroads in his career. He can keep playing exactly the way he does and basically become the next Lou. Nothing wrong with that. He can have a long successful career like Lou.

But he's also young enough that he can still work on the other aspects of his game like defense, passing and becoming more efficient and be an even better player.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Pat McCaw being an idiot, now Jordan Bell going the same route. Looks like he's probably on his way out from the Warriors for being an immature idiot.

Tons of concerns, most of all being work ethic. But yesterday he was suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team". Reports are that he charged something to his room, and put it on Mike Brown's credit card. No one knows exactly what it was, but let's be real, it was ****.

Bob Myers has done a great job of landing guys who have contributed to the team as late 1st or 2nd round picks, but of his last 5 picks, Kevon Looney looks like the only one worth keeping. Damian Jones is still an unknown. But McCaw, Bell and Jacob Evans all look like they may never be in the long term future for the Warriors. You could argue the Warriors got their money's worth already because of McCaw, Bell and Looney all playing some sort of important minutes in the playoffs and finals of the last few years, but at some point you have to be realistic about how that translates to future success.

And truthfully this really hurts the team going forward. The Warriors needed to hit on at least 2 of these 5 to be able to retain some young players on cap friendly contracts while they pay out big money to the stars. McCaw and Bell are looking like guys that just won't work out for the team long term. Damian Jones looks like a poor man's version of Javale McGee, but at least he's still young. Looney has been really good for his role, but his ceiling is likely quality back-up big. And Evans looks like a complete bust so far, with even Bob Myers saying he made a mistake in thinking Evans might be able to contribute this year.

The Warriors will have both their 1st and 2nd round picks, and I'm hoping for Lacob to authorize another purchase of a 2nd round pick. But then we'll need to hit on some of these guys.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't a star LOL. But he is a shot-maker, he has vastly improved though. I would think of him as a perfect 6th man...like Lou Williams. He isn't a starter right now so why would he be a starter when the Cavs improve their roster?

Your buddy and fellow homer......said he's almost a star......

LOL.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron said it jokingly in the post game interview on Tuesday night.

Thanks. I just thought it was a little weird when turnup said "they". Thought it was from other people & not LeBron joking around.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Boston gets Memphis pick which would give them 4 1st round picks (2 lottery picks).

If Boston calls New Orleans and say we'll give you 1 of lottery picks, our draft pick from the Clippers, and Tatum.

Does New Orleans accept that?

Moot really, as Boston would likely have to kick in more salary to clear Davis' $27M under the cap. Even if the Celtics lose Kyrie, they would have to let Baynes leave after he opts out and renounce their free agents other than Rozier (including Morris) to clear the necessary space.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing about Fox that is super important.

In this video, Fox was on the bench and he was the first one up to great his teammates coming off the floor and he did so with great enthusiasm.

I don't get to watch the Kings play often, but Fox strikes me as a genuinely good teammate which is absolutely vital for team chemistry. You want your best player to be your best cheerleader when he is on the bench because that attitude is contagious in the locker room and it leads to a great culture. Too many teams have top players who aren't engaged enough when they are off the court.

Aside from having great players, Curry's leadership in this regard is the single greatest reason for the Warrior team culture. If they counted high 5s as a stat, I am pretty sure Curry would be among the league leaders.
Only in year 2 you can tell Fox is gonna be the leader the Kings need as they hopefully become title contenders in the future. One of the best things about this team is just how well they get along and how easy they are to root for.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I just thought it was a little weird when turnup said "they". Thought it was from other people & not LeBron joking around.

Remains to be seen how much he was actually joking, but he was smiling when he said it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Pat McCaw being an idiot, now Jordan Bell going the same route. Looks like he's probably on his way out from the Warriors for being an immature idiot.

Tons of concerns, most of all being work ethic. But yesterday he was suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team". Reports are that he charged something to his room, and put it on Mike Brown's credit card. No one knows exactly what it was, but let's be real, it was ****.

Bob Myers has done a great job of landing guys who have contributed to the team as late 1st or 2nd round picks, but of his last 5 picks, Kevon Looney looks like the only one worth keeping. Damian Jones is still an unknown. But McCaw, Bell and Jacob Evans all look like they may never be in the long term future for the Warriors. You could argue the Warriors got their money's worth already because of McCaw, Bell and Looney all playing some sort of important minutes in the playoffs and finals of the last few years, but at some point you have to be realistic about how that translates to future success.

And truthfully this really hurts the team going forward. The Warriors needed to hit on at least 2 of these 5 to be able to retain some young players on cap friendly contracts while they pay out big money to the stars. McCaw and Bell are looking like guys that just won't work out for the team long term. Damian Jones looks like a poor man's version of Javale McGee, but at least he's still young. Looney has been really good for his role, but his ceiling is likely quality back-up big. And Evans looks like a complete bust so far, with even Bob Myers saying he made a mistake in thinking Evans might be able to contribute this year.

The Warriors will have both their 1st and 2nd round picks, and I'm hoping for Lacob to authorize another purchase of a 2nd round pick. But then we'll need to hit on some of these guys.

That motherfucker is a shitbird.

You charging your bullshit to another member of the organizations account?

You didn't think Mike Brown was keeping track of his spending because he's rich?

I can't stand a fucking thief.

At some point on Tuesday night, Jordan Bell made a purchase at the Warriors’ team hotel here. The exact item or items and amount of the bill is unclear. What isn’t, though, is who got unknowingly charged for it: assistant coach Mike Brown. That, league sources say, was the reason for his team-issued one-game suspension, which Bell served during the Warriors’ 118-103 victory over the Grizzlies on Wednesday night, the reasoning announced officially as “conduct detrimental to the team.”

Brown was alerted to the charge. He inquired about it. The staff at The Peabody hotel, where the team stayed, confirmed its purchase. So the Warriors launched a quick investigation and it became clear that Bell is the one who put it on Brown’s bill. There was concern, sources say, that this wasn’t the first time Bell has pulled this maneuver on some unknowing member of the organization.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You didn't think Mike Brown was keeping track of his spending because he's rich?

At some point on Tuesday night, Jordan Bell made a purchase at the Warriors’ team hotel here. The exact item or items and amount of the bill is unclear. What isn’t, though, is who got unknowingly charged for it: assistant coach Mike Brown. That, league sources say, was the reason for his team-issued one-game suspension, which Bell served during the Warriors’ 118-103 victory over the Grizzlies on Wednesday night, the reasoning announced officially as “conduct detrimental to the team.”

Brown was alerted to the charge. He inquired about it. The staff at The Peabody hotel, where the team stayed, confirmed its purchase. So the Warriors launched a quick investigation and it became clear that Bell is the one who put it on Brown’s bill. There was concern, sources say, that this wasn’t the first time Bell has pulled this maneuver on some unknowing member of the organization.

What did he buy? lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not been released what was purchased or for how much but it's gotta be pron.

He is an athlete, he could have just bought a hooker or went to bar and picked up any hot chick...ohh wait this isn't Klay Thompson we are talking about, my bad lol

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt it back to back to back to back 50+ loss seasons?
Sometime you gotta fall before you fly.

bfeb7e74833361.5c3c1a18a83f2.jpg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Needs to pull a Costanza and say, "Is that wrong? I tell ya I have to plead ignorance. If someone had told me this was frowned upon...."

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an athlete, he could have just bought a hooker or went to bar and picked up any hot chick...ohh wait this isn't Klay Thompson we are talking about, my bad lol

Like Klay gotta pay for sex....