• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have u ever been on the private island in Miami. I am talking about the Mandarin. Once you stayed there u can call yourself a miami fan. I go every year...So i am more up to date with the heat tbh
Except that Island isn't in Miami - You can't have an island in the middle of the city. The highland is off the shore on the ocean and with all due respect there are other things that are quite nice to see in Miami -I've been to Disneyworld, Bellingrath Gardens, and Fort Pickens. On the smaller end of things there is St Anne's cathedral that really light it up for Christmas. I will be mindful of your Island, however will check it out sometime if it's not in hurricane season when I am there. By the way - I don't think you get to tell people what defines a fan. Your statement is meaningless on that one

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,209.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @tlance

McGee is averaging 23ppg, 16rpg, and 5bpg the last 3 games. Remember that time when that poster didn't want to bet he would average ____ppg but he was so confident he wouldn't?

:pound:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts

I know the Season didn't turnout the way you wanted.

But, your guys took a big step forward and people are finally seeing what you knew all along....

Fox is gonna be a STAR.

Fox has earned a ton of admirers for his play. Several voters argued that long term, his ceiling might be the highest of the group.

"I think Fox has the clearest path to joining Simmons on the clear All-Star level," one East executive said. "He certainly has the most easily identifiable elite skill, which is he is f---ing fast."

Fox, Mitchell, Simmons or Tatum: Which super soph would NBA execs build around?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts

I know the Season didn't turnout the way you wanted.

But, your guys took a big step forward and people are finally seeing what you knew all along....

Fox is gonna be a STAR.

Fox has earned a ton of admirers for his play. Several voters argued that long term, his ceiling might be the highest of the group.

"I think Fox has the clearest path to joining Simmons on the clear All-Star level," one East executive said. "He certainly has the most easily identifiable elite skill, which is he is f---ing fast."

Fox, Mitchell, Simmons or Tatum: Which super soph would NBA execs build around?
Maybe I'm a homer, but I'd take Fox over Tatum and possibly Mitchell. Still has to prove he can be a consistent threat from 3 and keep improving on defense but Fox could reach that all star level next year if he takes another step forward.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @tlance

McGee is averaging 23ppg, 16rpg, and 5bpg the last 3 games. Remember that time when that poster didn't want to bet he would average ____ppg but he was so confident he wouldn't?

:pound:

LOL.

Not sure who you are talking about there DJ.

I tell you what though, McGee is going to win me a fantasy championship this week. He has been ridiculous lately.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm a homer, but I'd take Fox over Tatum and possibly Mitchell. Still has to prove he can be a consistent threat from 3 and keep improving on defense but Fox could reach that all star level next year if he takes another step forward.
giphy.gif

I don't think you are crazy or homerish to say that.

They are all very good players and I would want to have any of the 3.

But I do think Fox has the highest ceiling of last year's rookies and he is pretty damn good right now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

One more thing about Fox that is super important.

In this video, Fox was on the bench and he was the first one up to great his teammates coming off the floor and he did so with great enthusiasm.

I don't get to watch the Kings play often, but Fox strikes me as a genuinely good teammate which is absolutely vital for team chemistry. You want your best player to be your best cheerleader when he is on the bench because that attitude is contagious in the locker room and it leads to a great culture. Too many teams have top players who aren't engaged enough when they are off the court.

Aside from having great players, Curry's leadership in this regard is the single greatest reason for the Warrior team culture. If they counted high 5s as a stat, I am pretty sure Curry would be among the league leaders.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was the right for KD to pick GS over OKC & any other players that want to team up via FA.

But, that's a whole 'nother discussion.

It doesn't change the fact that he was tired of losing in Cle and went to play with other guys in their prime, effectively creating a stacked team.
OK, but if he was "tired of losing" why not commit earlier to give them a better chance to win? Did you notice what happened when he came back and was committed?

That said, he probably was the guy who made other FAs think it's OK to take less and play where they want.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best post ever.

The Fizzdale GIF at the bottom might be the best possible way to end this post.
Yep...looks like Curry was better by the numbers, which no one disagreed. should I do what you do and make excuses for the numbers not being what I hoped (never mind I don't care what they are)?

You'd think with your vast knowledge, though, you wouldn't need someone to do your work for you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again,

How often do I bring up my coaching experience? I certainly didn't here.

How often do you bring it up?

One thing I have respect for @dtgold88 on is that he does make an honest effort to respond to the post and not the poster.

Y
I can appreciate that, but there's a lot of that going on in this thread....and, yes, some for you.

Bottom line for me at least is this isn't really even a discussion if not for the extreme comments.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I understand, calling someone "little buckaroo" doesn't count as name calling?

Also, let's not get it confused. You have a posting style, like the rest of us do. Your style is to carry on detailed arguments about tiny definitional phrases, and then blame the other guy for it. Your style is to use teasing name calling, never out of line or over the top, but the same that we all do here, and then decry it in others. Your style is to claim you admit error often, then never to do so except for obvious factual errors. You've never had a wrong opinion, and no one's disagreement with your own opinion is ever right.

You're a gigantic hypocrite, more than most (we all are a little when it comes to sports), and love to argue. And nothing wrong with it, but that is the truth of it.
And I do agree with some of what you say and have said so. I do let it go on longer than I should, but weird the person it goes on with is never the one called out for it.

see @tlance another arguing based on poster and not post. As many issues as I might have one of them is not having debates with myself. There are a number of folks here who do what so many accuse me of.

And, yes, I'm down with the teasing here, but sometimes it can go over the top. Not my style but is what it is.

WWould add your style is simply never admit you are wrong.....ever. And are one of the "argue based on poster and not post" guys.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I do agree with some of what you say and have said so. I do let it go on longer than I should, but weird the person it goes on with is never the one called out for it.

see @tlance another arguing based on poster and not post. As many issues as I might have one of them is not having debates with myself. There are a number of folks here who do what so many accuse me of.

And, yes, I'm down with the teasing here, but sometimes it can go over the top. Not my style but is what it is.

WWould add your style is simply never admit you are wrong.....ever. And are one of the "argue based on poster and not post" guys.
You're just proving my point here. All you can come up with for my style is that I never admit I'm wrong, EVER. In fact when you literally first showed up here, I asserted that there have never been superstar players who became good coaches, you correctly noted Larry Bird, I immediately conceded, and you stated how you were pleasantly shocked to find a forum where someone did that. Our very first interaction here. Happy to pull the quote if you don't remember. And that's not the only example of me admitting error.

So no, it's not me who never admits error or who keeps arguments going far too long. You just did it again. Just sayin'. And again, it's a message board, you can do what you want, you are not at all over the line with your style, and you are a welcome participant here. Just pointing out how you are perceived here, how you come across. Do with it what you will.