• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you did.

I just think its a stretch to make the connection that the Lakers won those 2 games since Ball started and lost the 3 games that Rondo started becuase of those guys is looking at a very small piece of a bigger picture.

Do you think there is an actual correlation between the two? that the Lakers won those 2 games because Ball started and lost their 3 games because Rondo started? I dont.

Rondo out played Ball big time last night.
EXACTLY.

You know it's a crazy day when you and I are driving the same point. :D

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't make that connection. Just pointed out the fact that their 2 wins came with Lonzo starting when someone else said they couldn't win with him starting.

Never said that there was. Simply stated a fact. Never said Lonzo starting was the reason.

They are still figuring everything out. Any wins at this point in the season are about having Lebron.
FTR I didn't say they couldn't win with him starting. I said he needs to develop a go-to move & stop passing the ball so quickly into the shot clock. For some reason that bothered you & you then decided to point out that they have more wins with him starting vs. with Rondo starting because I used Rondo as an example of a PG that is pass first but doesn't necessarily pass in under 5 seconds. . I then pointed out - which is also logical- that they're not winning because Lonzo started vs. Rondo.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Mecca

True story for real for real. McCaw has become almost obsolete now to the Warriors. McKinney is killing it in his role. He's on a 2-way contract right now, but I would think if he keeps this up, he'll be on a 2 year deal in no time. His defense is not bad, but more importantly he's not such a huge liability on offense. He's shooting the ball with confidence and playing with great energy. He had 19 pts and 10 rebounds last night in 27 minutes.

To Pat McCaw:

597.jpg
McKinney looked good in pre-season too. So glad he was able to carry that momentum into the reg season. He's been great.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me, guess I get to see this Baker Mayfield kid Wiggitywack has been raving about this Sunday...

Chiefs will be in Cleveland...

How many more TDs will Mahomes get than Mayfield?

2?
3?
4?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but to refuse to watch? I loved watching the Lakers when SHaq and Kobe were destroying the league. I loved the Bulls in the 1990s. Watching the sport I love played at the highest possible level is great. Even Showtime and the 80s Celtics. People today are like "oooh what was it like watching Magic and Kareem and Worthy?". In 20 years it'll be wow what was it like watching Klay and Curry and KD?

You can either hate, or enjoy watching greatness.

I prefer the later. Life is too short to hate. We may never see an NBA team this dominate again.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can either hate, or enjoy watching greatness.

I prefer the later. Life is too short to hate. We may never see an NBA team this dominate again.

What's wrong with me not wanting to see them destroy a team by 35 and opt for more competitive games? LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many more TDs will Mahomes get than Mayfield?

2?
3?
4?
im going with 2.

Baker needs some more weapons. He has 1 reliable weapon- Jarvis Landry- who is a possession wide receiver.

Duke Johnson isnt bad too- maybe they will actually use him now that Haley is gone.

The Browns receivers after Landry are a bad joke- esp. with Higgins hurt. Higgins was actually playing decent before getting hurt. N JOKE U is a freaking great athlete but he needs to learn how to consistently catch the ball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield owned his ass in college.
4 months from now will Riley still be coaching OU or will he be coach of the Browns?

the 3 college coaches on their radar are supposedly Riley, Swinney and Campbell or Iowa St.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with me not wanting to see them destroy a team by 35 and opt for more competitive games? LOL

IMO you're not so much watching the games for the outcome, but the overall performance of the players. It's like how when I was younger I didn't appreciate the magnitude of what Jordan was actually doing. I just saw him as being a great player. It wasn't until I got older and saw the significance that I really appreciated what he's doing.

What Steph's doing, Klay's doing, etc., we might never see again. I myself do get tired of the monotony of them simply coasting some games and not even having to try. That said, I still watch every Curry game in complete awe of what he's doing.

The type of basketball they play is also completely unique too. The way they share the ball and the continuity they have is taken for granted by most. Klay had a chance to beat the record and his biggest cheerleader and the guy trying the hardest to get him to beat the record was his own teammate who owned it previous.

Because of all of Klay's past performances, we take it for granted that what he did last night against the Bulls was really special. 52 points in 27 minutes, including 14 three's isn't even in his top 3 games, IMO. His 37 point quarter, 60 points in 30 minutes taking 11 dribbles and game 6 of the WCF against the Thunder were all better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO you're not so much watching the games for the outcome, but the overall performance of the players. It's like how when I was younger I didn't appreciate the magnitude of what Jordan was actually doing. I just saw him as being a great player. It wasn't until I got older and saw the significance that I really appreciated what he's doing.

What Steph's doing, Klay's doing, etc., we might never see again. I myself do get tired of the monotony of them simply coasting some games and not even having to try. That said, I still watch every Curry game in complete awe of what he's doing.

The type of basketball they play is also completely unique too. The way they share the ball and the continuity they have is taken for granted by most. Klay had a chance to beat the record and his biggest cheerleader and the guy trying the hardest to get him to beat the record was his own teammate who owned it previous.

Because of all of Klay's past performances, we take it for granted that what he did last night against the Bulls was really special. 52 points in 27 minutes, including 14 three's isn't even in his top 3 games, IMO. His 37 point quarter, 60 points in 30 minutes taking 11 dribbles and game 6 of the WCF against the Thunder were all better.

Lol you guys crack me up. Acting like i must watch the warriors. I enjoyed my night watching more competitive games and will keep on doing that. I watch games for the outcome. I have better things to do than to watch a team in a game that was never close.

I'll pass

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are plenty of competitive games to watch.

And according to so many analysts, the Finals will be competitive this year to because of fresh blood. I don't agree with them. I think GS will dominate, but I will also enjoy every round.

And if GS does dominate because they are that much better than everyone and playing at a high level, I would much rather watch that than a close game where they are not playing well. Because I want to see the best teams perform at the highest level possible.

And maybe someday, in like 50 years the Wizards will be the best!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol you guys crack me up. Acting like i must watch the warriors. I enjoyed my night watching more competitive games and will keep on doing that. I watch games for the outcome. I have better things to do than to watch a team in a game that was never close.

I'll pass

Oh, I'm not saying why you should watch. Do you man. But I'm just saying what intrigues me about their games. I don't take any of this for granted as a Warrior fan.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll pass

I Am not suggesting you should watch Warriors Bulls. Games like that are pointless.

But the margin of victory doesn't always tell the whole story. One of those 20 point wins, the Warriors were losing in the 4th quarter.