• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL there is a reason it called an average. You can't pick and choose the games you want to exclude

Sure, but as I showed.....they have had only 1 bad game shooting 3's.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Jimmy Butler hit 5 contested 3s in the 4th quarter.

Lakers defense is an issue but the last two late game loses came down to Derozan and Butler hitting crazy shots against great individual defense.
isnt that what guys like DeRozan and Butler are paid to do though?

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dqtu7DCVAAApIKj.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see future Laker Klay find his shoooting touch again.

All kidding aside. It's an interesting situation re: Klay and the Lakers.

On the one hand, Klay has made it clear that he loves playing for the Warriors and wants to stay.

On the other hand, didn't he say he wasn't giving any discounts?

But, he's one of the original 3 that brought the Warriors to where they are now. That has to mean a lot.

Yet, his Dad is a color analyst for the Lakers. Does he try to convince Klay to come to the Lakers so he can watch him play every game? Does Klay want to play in front of his Dad every game?

If I had to venture a guess. I'd say it's 90-95% he re-signs with the Warriors, but if he doesn't...he probably goes to the Lakers.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt that what guys like DeRozan and Butler are paid to do though?
Yep, but they're not going to be able to do it game in and game out.

I mean you have to admit, 5 contested 3s in the 4th quarter from Jimmy Butler is not something that will shock you, but it's also not something you expect to happen very often.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In LeBron's second year back in Cleveland the Cavs started out 19-20, but LeBron missed 8 straight games with back and knee issues, and was not near 100% before he took those 8 games off.

The Lakers are currently 2-5.

This goes to show you that you can without a doubt make a run with LeBron, but the Cavs were under .500 with LeBron missing 8 games and not 100% for a few more before he finally took the time off. (kyrie and love actually missed time had their own issues during that stretch as well).

Not only that, but the Lakers of course have a lot lot lot harder path than the Cavs of '15-'16 in a pretty weak East at that time had.

If I was the Lakers I would not want to be under .500 by the end of December since that will really put the pressure on them.

Seems like LeBron still has his patience, but it also seems like his frustration is starting to build up a little bit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGruder has looked solid and has without a doubt made TJ expendable.

big stats for Whiteside- no win.

I liken him to like a big cannon that a military unit has to lug around . It can do some serious damage, but it just does not seem worth it to slow the whole unit down.

His antiquated game just does not fit todays NBA. Even when he is on his best behavior, healthy, and plying well like he is for the time being.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liken him to like a big cannon that a military unit has to lug around . It can do some serious damage, but it just does not seem worth it to slow the whole unit down.

His antiquated game just does not fit todays NBA. Even when he is on his best behavior, healthy, and plying well like he is for the time being.

Heat playing at an extremely high pace this season so he isn't slowing down anyone. Last night they probably played too fast....so yeah I have no idea what you're talking about

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the Lakers I would not want to be under .500 by the end of December since that will really put the pressure on them.

Seems like LeBron still has his patience, but it also seems like his frustration is starting to build up a little bit.

Yeah, just posted in another thread.

I'm sure they are all a little frustrated. They are 2-5 and all 5 losses have come due to poor execution late and guys hitting some ridiculous shots.

It's nice to be in games late, but moral victories don't count in the standings.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside. It's an interesting situation re: Klay and the Lakers.

On the one hand, Klay has made it clear that he loves playing for the Warriors and wants to stay.

On the other hand, didn't he say he wasn't giving any discounts?

But, he's one of the original 3 that brought the Warriors to where they are now. That has to mean a lot.

Yet, his Dad is a color analyst for the Lakers. Does he try to convince Klay to come to the Lakers so he can watch him play every game? Does Klay want to play in front of his Dad every game?

If I had to venture a guess. I'd say it's 90-95% he re-signs with the Warriors, but if he doesn't...he probably goes to the Lakers.

I think Klay to the Lakers would be a bad move for him. Just look @ all the things that need to change for them to win the ultimate prize again. HC, PG, SG, PF, C, the bench.

And if your team can't get outta this funk LeBron will be completely bald by Thanksgiving due to the stress of playing w/ a roster of scrubs that couldn't beat a G League team.

LeHollywood gambled & lost. Forget about winning another title. He'll be lucky to make the playoffs again. He should demand a trade.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks beat the Raptors without the Greek Freak in the lineup. They look legit.
Hey, GNG......

Luka looks good.

He and Smith Jr. are a nice backcourt duo.

Jordan is playing well too.

Reactions: GNG

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and was flailing like a mental patient each time, trying to bait the refs into free throws.
I'm sorry, did you not see that Shit that Lance did?

Lmfao

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat are currently 10th in pace of play through 6 games but Wiggy claims Whiteside is slowing them down lmfao