• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, I guess in general, I do not need the game to go down to the wire to enjoy watching it. I want to see great players doing great things. Close games certainly bring out some of the best moments, but I can appreciate less close games too.

Because watching a team build a lead because they are playing great can be exciting too.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, I guess in general, I do not need the game to go down to the wire to enjoy watching it. I want to see great players doing great things. Close games certainly bring out some of the best moments, but I can appreciate less close games too.

Because watching a team build a lead because they are playing great can be exciting too.

True but i only really like less close games when it involves the Heat lol. Close gsmes are stressful.

But when watching other teams, i prefer close games. Not saying it needs to be a one possession game in the final minute but close enough to keep me watching

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol you guys crack me up. Acting like i must watch the warriors. I enjoyed my night watching more competitive games and will keep on doing that. I watch games for the outcome. I have better things to do than to watch a team in a game that was never close.

I'll pass
No one is saying you have to watch, you asked why and we gave reasons. But if all you care about is the outcome why waste time watching? Just check the score on your phone

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 months from now will Riley still be coaching OU or will he be coach of the Browns?

the 3 college coaches on their radar are supposedly Riley, Swinney and Campbell or Iowa St.

It's more likely that Bob Stoops will be coaching the Browns then Riley. Now if Dallas comes calling that would be tempting for him I think.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Mecca

True story for real for real. McCaw has become almost obsolete now to the Warriors. McKinney is killing it in his role. He's on a 2-way contract right now, but I would think if he keeps this up, he'll be on a 2 year deal in no time. His defense is not bad, but more importantly he's not such a huge liability on offense. He's shooting the ball with confidence and playing with great energy. He had 19 pts and 10 rebounds last night in 27 minutes.

To Pat McCaw:

597.jpg

He might as well just go play overseas.

His father is delusional and Patrick is, stupidly, burning bridges.

People will put up with your Shit when you are exceptional at what you do.

They cut bait when you are the 15th man who has regressed.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm not saying why you should watch. Do you man. But I'm just saying what intrigues me about their games. I don't take any of this for granted as a Warrior fan.
It's a bit like watching the Original Dream Team in the Olympics.

Outcome is rarely in doubt.

Well, that's a bit of a exaggeration.

But, you get my point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if it is your team on the losing end.

That goes without saying.

And of course I am mostly talking about when I am watching 2 teams where I am not so invested in the outcome. Being a Wizards fan, that is really I have had the last 40 years or so in games that matter most.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a bit like watching the Original Dream Team in the Olympics.

Outcome is rarely in doubt.

Well, that's a bit of a exaggeration.

But, you get my point.
To be fair the Dream Team was all of ours, not everyone is a Warriors fan. But I'm with you, if youike basketball isn't watching the best teams do their thing kind of fun? I don't mean every game or anything but seriously...

And their brand of ball is what everyone claims to want: unselfish play, fast pace, good D, tons of assists, hall of fame likeable talent, etc.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR I didn't say they couldn't win with him starting. I said he needs to develop a go-to move & stop passing the ball so quickly into the shot clock. For some reason that bothered you & you then decided to point out that they have more wins with him starting vs. with Rondo starting because I used Rondo as an example of a PG that is pass first but doesn't necessarily pass in under 5 seconds. . I then pointed out - which is also logical- that they're not winning because Lonzo started vs. Rondo.

Didn't bother me at all. I simply stated why Lonzo doesn't need a go to move and why he doesn't need to stop passing so early.

You said that the Lakers weren't winning with him starting and I pointed out that their only wins have been with him starting. For some reason, that started an argument.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair the Dream Team was all of ours, not everyone is a Warriors fan. But I'm with you, if youike basketball isn't watching the best teams do their thing kind of fun? I don't mean every game or anything but seriously...

And their brand of ball is what everyone claims to want: unselfish play, fast pace, good D, tons of assists, hall of fame likeable talent, etc.

I like watching the Warriors because I like the way they play. The blowouts can still be fun because that's usually the result of all of them playing well at the same time or one of them going crazy and doing something historic like hit 14 three's in one game.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

I love watching the Warriors, outside of those 4 games that hammer meets nail against the Clippers.

The way they defend and share the basketball is beautiful to watch.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't bother me at all. I simply stated why Lonzo doesn't need a go to move and why he doesn't need to stop passing so early.

You said that the Lakers weren't winning with him starting and I pointed out that their only wins have been with him starting. For some reason, that started an argument.

The Lakers have to do something with their rotation though.

Their best LeBron lineup, IMO is:

LeBron, Hart, Ingram, Kuzma and McGee

If they go small, change McGee for a PG. but, Ball and Rondo really shouldn't play together unless LeBron is on the bench. Hart and Ball getting minutes squeezed with Rondo active is not good for the team long term.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Arizona_Sting

It is alarming how many blown picks were made in the Ryan McDonough era.

Len was a bust and is gone.

Chriss underperformed, got traded and his 3rd year option is getting declined.

Bender underperformed and his 3rd year option gets declined.

Outside of Ayton, Warren and Booker he did a Shit job drafting and even worse in free agency.

Did he draft Kendall Marshall or was that his predecessor?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have to do something with their rotation though.

Their best LeBron lineup, IMO is:

LeBron, Hart, Ingram, Kuzma and McGee

If they go small, change McGee for a PG. but, Ball and Rondo really shouldn't play together unless LeBron is on the bench. Hart and Ball getting minutes squeezed with Rondo active is not good for the team long term.

I agree with this.