• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you but if an underdog I guess I could see wanting toi score and not give them a chance to also score.

If it is a David/Goliath type matchup, then sure.

But they went toe to toe with Maryland all game. If Maryland is better, it isn't by enough that Belmont should have ignored all basic clock management strategy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I can't wait to hear this shit. Please continue.

Because if memory serves, you guys set an NBA record for consistent losses and for 4 years were arguably the worst team in the NBA. Every national news outlet had fun at Dan Gilbert's expense during that time when he proclaimed the Cavs would win a title before Lebron (that was hilarious).

The Heat missed the playoffs by 1 game while having the 2nd best record in the NBA in the 2nd half of the season the 1 year Wade was gone.

So I'm trying to figure out how the Cavs were so successful without Lebron the 5 total years Lebron hasn't been there - because each of those years you didn't even come close to reaching the playoffs.
Because they build a roster talented enough that he'd want to play with them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is a David/Goliath type matchup, then sure.

But they went toe to toe with Maryland all game. If Maryland is better, it isn't by enough that Belmont should have ignored all basic clock management strategy.
which is why I wouldn't have done what they did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they did that too.

His name is Kevin Love.

KLove is better than any player on the Heat and he will be making around $1.9M more than Whiteside next year. Overpaid, most likely but not a whole lot and the injuries kinda hurt his value some. But he isn't a "middling player". He is an elite rebounder, especially offensive rebounder that can score from anywhere on the floor and hit an outside shot. Whiteside is basically getting paid the same to play bench minutes, block shots and rebound.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamison was a trade....and we gave up nothing for him. Traded Z and he came back a month or so later.

Does suck what happened to Bosh, but you get he proves our point? You need studs to win and usually need a high pick or cap space to bring in the stud.

And when did I ever say u didn’t?
I said I’d rather have a few players like the Heat have vs having 1 overpaid ‘max’ player like Hayward.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KLove is better than any player on the Heat and he will be making around $1.9M more than Whiteside next year. Overpaid, most likely but not a whole lot and the injuries kinda hurt his value some. But he isn't a "middling player". He is an elite rebounder, especially offensive rebounder that can score from anywhere on the floor and hit an outside shot. Whiteside is basically getting paid the same to play bench minutes, block shots and rebound.
not a coincidence Cavs are 8-8 since Love came back from the injury.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I’d rather have a few players like the Heat have vs having 1 overpaid ‘max’ player like Hayward.
you will never win dick the way they heat are building their team with no stars.

NBA was, is, and always will be a star driven league.

The Heat have ONLY had success when they had stars like Mourning, WAde, LeBron, Shaq.

that is not changing. Are there exceptions? Sure- but they only reinforce the RULE-

the rule being? STARS WIN IN THE NBA. IF YOU DONT HAVE A STAR OR TWO YOU DONT HAVE SHIT.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Bam is a steal.
Combine their salaries and stats and Heat get great C play at a value.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bam is a steal.
A. he is on his rookie contract- I mean- wtf are you talking about? I could be a total moron and brag about how cheap Sexton is to- but it pretty much goes without saying that guys on their rookie deals are cheap

B. Whiteside making 25M to play 24 minutes a game, and now off the bench- is an abomination. Next year you have him at 27M!!! LOL....

What is the worst thing Riley would do to get Whiteside to decline his player option? Shiv a homeless guy? Trip a crippled person? Shave his head?

It would be hilarious to see the celebration that Riley would do if he was lucky enough to have Whiteside decline that disgustingly ridiculous 27M dollar player option. It'll never happen- Whiteside would insane to decline that option - but its funny to talk about.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I mean- obviously Sexton deserves a bunch of credit for his development during the season--

but i am sure in no small part that Love has had a very positive affect.

The spacing that Sexton is seeing is just so superior to anything he saw without Love.

Put a guy like Love on the floor and it instantly helps a guy like Sexton in so many ways.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bam is a steal.

Umm not the point. If you want to start combining rookie contracts than we will add in Sexton and Osman. Great shooters and scoring value LOL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you want to do things like Miami and maybe get a midround pick as opposed to near the top of the draft?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you want to do things like Miami and maybe get a midround pick as opposed to near the top of the draft?

Picking at the top of draft doesn't do much unless you're getting a LBJ .

I've seen teams pick top 10 year after year and still be a trash team.

Very few players drafted in the top 5 actually lives up to the hype.

The best player from the 2017 draft is currently a guy drafted 13

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking at the top of draft doesn't do much unless you're getting a LBJ .

I've seen teams pick top 10 year after year and still be a trash team.

Very few players drafted in the top 5 actually lives up to the hype.

The best player from the 2017 draft is currently a guy drafted 13
Better chance top 5 than not though. Had some success with wade, Bosh and Lebron if you recall.