• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the debates with Wiggy. The 1 year without Wade was where we were operating at a $25 million handicap because Bosh had to be medically retired and we had that money still on the cap. But @dtgold88 wants to use that as a feeble-minded way of trying to sway his side of the argument.

Thats because he’s uninformed, yet very opinionated.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the debates with Wiggy. The 1 year without Wade was where we were operating at a $25 million handicap because Bosh had to be medically retired and we had that money still on the cap. But @dtgold88 wants to use that as a feeble-minded way of trying to sway his side of the argument.
My side of the argument has been swayed by you.....You keep bringing up wade and Bosh. What did Miami do in order to be able to pick Wade?

what did they need to do in order to get Bosh to come?

Once again he who resorts to the personal insults loses.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you're looking @ this all wrong. Yes the Cavs are 8-8 in their last 16. But if you look @ their previous 56 games they were only 11-45. They're on fire right now.
Kind of shows Love makes a bit of a difference, no?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats because he’s uninformed, yet very opinionated.
What did Miami have to do to be in position to draft Wade? Were they coming off a playoff season? Did they have a bunch of title worthy seasons leading up to having the cap space to sign Bosh and Lebron?

Please inform.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of shows Love makes a bit of a difference, no?

Now wait a minute. When did I ever say Love doesn't make a difference? You looking for another argument? Fuck it, let's go! I'm unsober right now & ain't going anywhere. What's the topic? How about this.

You think Love is more important to his team than Giannis. I say you're wrong.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Miami have to do to be in position to draft Wade? Were they coming off a playoff season? Did they have a bunch of title worthy seasons leading up to having the cap space to sign Bosh and Lebron?

Please inform.

Zo missed season with kidney issue.
Eddie Jones injured.

Riley planned for James, Bosh for over a year.

Next....

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now wait a minute. When did I ever say Love doesn't make a difference? You looking for another argument? Fuck it, let's go! I'm unsober right now & ain't going anywhere. What's the topic? How about this.

Did I say you said he didn't make a difference? I asked if you were aware he did. Great.... seems you are aware.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My side of the argument has been swayed by you.....You keep bringing up wade and Bosh. What did Miami do in order to be able to pick Wade?

what did they need to do in order to get Bosh to come?

Once again he who resorts to the personal insults loses.

Back in the early 2000's, Riley had put together a pretty impressive roster that at the time included Eddie Jones, Tim Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, Anthony Mason and Brian Grant. At the time, it was a roster that from a pre-season perspective, looked like it could challenge Kobe and Shaq's Lakers.......until Zo went down with kidney disease.

We ended up landing Wade with a top 5 pick. Having said that, you do realize there are a plethora of star players in the NBA that were picked outside of the top 5.

And people that say bullshit like the bolded, are pussies.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zo missed season with kidney issue.

Riley planned for James, Bosh for over a year.

Next....
zo missed the season and they sucked, huh? Got them Wade? You would rather he played and they never got Wade?

I get he planned for Wade, Bosh and James for over a year. Also what the Cavs did when Lebron was gone. Didn't know Lebron would be the prize to return, but wanted to clear cap space and accrue assets. Like they are doing now.

Your turn.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was only said I would imagine to show having Love makes a difference. Glad he didn't play much this year as I wouldn't want to be in no man's land with the Heat.

Not sure it matters at this point. Love has to be the most fragile player in the NBA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fully aware of that. I'm merely pointing out the Cavs draft history and the bust rate. Thanks though.
Did you forget one of their top picks was that Lebron fellow? sexton is looking like a solid pick, as well.

Never mind TT is not a bust. But you think Waiters was a bust, yet your team paid him quite a bit of money, didn't they?

Ya gotta love this forum.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You act like what happened is what Riley wanted.
You know how wrong that is?
what? when he offered these contracts to guys he wanted them to not sign them? I have no clue what yo uare saying. What he wanted his guys he signed to play better? lol...i mean wtf.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it matters at this point. Love has to be the most fragile player in the NBA.
He does, huh? Even though the 4 years prior to this one he missed games at the same rate as AD.

And, no, not saying he is as good as AD. You were talking about player health so hopefully you can keep up with your own comments.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what? when he offered these contracts to guys he wanted them to not sign them? I have no clue what yo uare saying. What he wanted his guys he signed to play better? lol...i mean wtf.
Yes, please enlighten.

Don't forget the Cavs can be ripped for drafting waiters as a bust....but Riley then signed this bust for gobs of money.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does, huh? Even though the 4 years prior to this one he missed games at the same rate as AD.

And, no, not saying he is as good as AD. You were talking about player health so hopefully you can keep up with your own comments.

And AD's regarded as a fragile player as well. Did I say Kevin Love was the only injury prone player in the NBA?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO, get him, Wamu... :lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you forget one of their top picks was that Lebron fellow? sexton is looking like a solid pick, as well.

Never mind TT is not a bust. But you think Waiters was a bust, yet your team paid him quite a bit of money, didn't they?

Ya gotta love this forum.

Congrats! Your team sure showed some draft savy on that one. Must've been a real shock to everyone that Lebron James was picked #1 in the draft in 03.

At a top 5 pick, you're expected to be at best a really good player. Neither Waiters or Thompson fit that mold; although Waiters shines at times. And we paid Waiters $12 mil per year, just slightly less than the $85 million Rich Paul was able to get out of the Cavs.