• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I don't give a $h!t about the Lakers as my fan card has been turned in since last summer! :lol:

The Celtics should trade Kyrie to LA LA Land so he can rekindle his bromance w/ LeBron. Wait a minute, the Lakers don't have anyone that could help Boston out. Never mind. Bad trade idea.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He posited the question of how many times the Heat won a playoff series without Wade- and i looked it up.

oh PLEASE the Bosh excuse?! STILL

how about- you have 83 million in cap space tied up in Ryan Anderson, Hassan Whiteside, J. Johnson, and Dion Waiters.

Chris Bosh doesnt have anything to do with spending 83M in cap space on those guys for a below .500 team in the East.

Are you drinking early today?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics should trade Kyrie to LA LA Land so he can rekindle his bromance w/ LeBron. Wait a minute, the Lakers don't have anyone that could help Boston out. Never mind. Bad trade idea.

how 'bout LaVar, a leftover chicken drumstick, and half a pack of chewing gum...?

the man says he's never lost, soooo...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how 'bout LaVar, a leftover chicken drumstick, and half a pack of chewing gum...?

the man says he's never lost, soooo...

Throw in an autographed Andrew Bynum jersey & that's a helluva trade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Anderson: 20.4M
Hassan Whiteside: 25.4M
D. Waiters: 11.5M
J. Johnson: 14.4M
Kelly Olnyk: 11.1M

=83.3MM

Not what Im talking about.
Nothing to do with the Bosh discussion.

Maybe instead of worrying about the Heat, go back and reflect on the Antawn Jamison signing when the Cavs were ‘building’ to keep James.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is what you see now. Without Lebron the Cavs built a team Lebron wanted to return to. If the Cavs had the cap issues and talent level the current Heat has no way he comes back.

In other words, if he was a FA after the season think he would he go to Miami?

No. Because he likes to have full control of a franchise. He knew he wasn't getting that with Riley and the Heat. So he left. Meanwhile, Lebron cuckolded Gilbert easily for control of the Cavs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that the Cavs without LeBron were much more succesful than the Heat without Wade.

but then again- id prefer trying to get a star like Kyrie or Zion- rather than getting the 8th seed, being capped out and smoked in the first round.

Oh, I can't wait to hear this shit. Please continue.

Because if memory serves, you guys set an NBA record for consistent losses and for 4 years were arguably the worst team in the NBA. Every national news outlet had fun at Dan Gilbert's expense during that time when he proclaimed the Cavs would win a title before Lebron (that was hilarious).

The Heat missed the playoffs by 1 game while having the 2nd best record in the NBA in the 2nd half of the season the 1 year Wade was gone.

So I'm trying to figure out how the Cavs were so successful without Lebron the 5 total years Lebron hasn't been there - because each of those years you didn't even come close to reaching the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does everyone think of Rui Hachimura? I think the sky is the limit

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I can't wait to hear this shit. Please continue.

Because if memory serves, you guys set an NBA record for consistent losses and for 4 years were arguably the worst team in the NBA. Every national news outlet had fun at Dan Gilbert's expense during that time when he proclaimed the Cavs would win a title before Lebron (that was hilarious).

The Heat missed the playoffs by 1 game while having the 2nd best record in the NBA in the 2nd half of the season the 1 year Wade was gone.

So I'm trying to figure out how the Cavs were so successful without Lebron the 5 total years Lebron hasn't been there - because each of those years you didn't even come close to reaching the playoffs.
id rather have the worst record in the league then get the 9th spot in the East- its that simple. If you cant understand that I dont know what to tell ya.

I cannot think of something worse than finishing 9th in the East on a capped out team with some of hte least draft assets in the league.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay let me answer all of your questions & end this debate once & for all.

1- Yes I highly doubt it (already said that though, hope you don't twist my words around again & claim I said something I didn't).

2- Overpaying mediocre players can sometimes work. Just don't ask when.

3- I think Heat fans can use any excuse they want since some Cavs fans do the same thing.

4- More recent success? What are you blathering about now? LeBron left the Cavs last year & Wade still plays for the Heat. There's no recent succees for ethier team right now because # 3 hasn't hung his Chuck Taylor's up yet.

5- Your question about LeBron joining the Heat right now is pointless since he signed a 4 years deal in LA LA Land.
2. I wont as I don't think either of us has an answer

3. Not sure it's about using an excuse here. It's really a matter of taste. Is the Cavs tanking a better way to get back to prominence or the Heat current plan.

4. Bingo. You agree with the blather...asking what the Cavs have done without Lebron is silly as neither team has had much success without its star.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He posited the question of how many times the Heat won a playoff series without Wade- and i looked it up.

oh PLEASE the Bosh excuse?! STILL

how about- you have 83 million in cap space tied up in Ryan Anderson, Hassan Whiteside, J. Johnson, and Dion Waiters.

Chris Bosh doesnt have anything to do with spending 83M in cap space on those guys for a below .500 team in the East.
And thinking more abo9ut this Bosh only enhances OUR point. You need studs to win, and usually need high picks to find studs in the draft or to clear cap space to get those studs in FA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what Im talking about.
Nothing to do with the Bosh discussion.

Maybe instead of worrying about the Heat, go back and reflect on the Antawn Jamison signing when the Cavs were ‘building’ to keep James.
Jamison was a trade....and we gave up nothing for him. Traded Z and he came back a month or so later.

Does suck what happened to Bosh, but you get he proves our point? You need studs to win and usually need a high pick or cap space to bring in the stud.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Because he likes to have full control of a franchise. He knew he wasn't getting that with Riley and the Heat. So he left. Meanwhile, Lebron cuckolded Gilbert easily for control of the Cavs.
Yeah that must be it. Couldn't be he knew the Cavs had an all star in Kyrie and planned to trade for another.