• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but Wiggy sure likes to pretend that I did.

What I actually said was that he had the tools to be a very good NBA scorer but that he lacked playmaking ability in college. I said his upside was Kemba Walker and his floor was Johnny Flynn.

But, you know how Wiggy likes to lie and twist words around to tell the story he wants to believe.
wasn't here at the time, but I wouldn't rip you for that statement. Just implies you couldn't be sure and nothing wrong with that.

Made a similar comment when the Browns traded Coleman to the Pats. Figured he'd go for 900 yards and 8 TDs or be released within 3 games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick White dominates again.

Shuts down Curry this time. It is getting repetitive.
Jakob Poetl is suddenly an A+ defender as well giving the Spurs a real inside/out defensive identity right now.

Sure, it will revert back to the mean. They cannot keep it up forever.

White/Poetl are both under 24 and are likely to have youngster mistakes soon.

But, if the playoffs started today, I dont think anyone wants to see these Spurs.
Didn't see the game but looks like Derozan went off. who was his primary defender?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the end, still got lucky that a generational player like Lebron returned to Cleveland. If Lebron wasn't from the state of Ohio, he doesn't return and Cleveland doesn't have a title.
But he is and he did.....and the Cavs were ready for his return with another superstar, cap space and a ton of picks.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson because:

8htuSZS.jpg

I'm thinking about milk....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018-19 Regular Season NBA Player Stats and League Leaders - 3-Points - National Basketball Association - ESPN

There are 29 guys in the league shooting over 40% from 3.

the lowest # of makes to qualify that i saw on the list was Bobby Potis at 58 makes. Still very impressed that Bobby Portis is making 41.4% of 3's even if its at a relatively low volume. He is underated player.

Some other notables on the list:

-Joe Harris leads all of basketball at 46.3% on 155 makes--- this is what @DJ told me- when i said that the Cavs might have found a solid role player in Joe Harris in the draft: Perk to Cleveland "Joe Harris? D-League material."

I did? Nice try.....

And he played 56 games for the Cavs before they traded him to Orlando for a 2nd round pick so even Cleveland didn't believe in him.

He developed with the Nets as they have done a great job giving players a 2nd and 3rd chance.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, if this is true I was taken in by the headlines (not that I've seen proof to back this). LA didn't want to pay a 31-year-old Shaq?

Shaq has said several times since he retired that he left because of money, not because of Kobe.

He has also said, several times, that he should have listened to Kobe re: working out and staying in shape in the off-season. He has said that if he did, they likely would have won 2-3 more rings together.

Also, it wasn't that Dr. Buss didn't want to pay Shaq, he didn't want to pay Shaq the amount that Shaq wanted. Shaq was notoriously lazy and always reported to training camp overweight and out of shape, saying "I'll play my way into shape". That worked fine when he was younger. But as he got older, it became more difficult. He also refused to have any medical/injury issues taken care of in the off-season saying "I got hurt on company time, I'm gonna heal on company time".

Shaq was still under contract and had he gone out and put together a monster season, Dr. Buss likely would have paid him what he wanted (or close enough to get him to stay). But during an exhibition game, he dunked, and screamed at Dr. Buss (who was in the stands) "You gonna pay me now?"

He was traded shortly after that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh @ all the over the top LeBron Haters out there. I didn't even have the Lakers making the playoffs this year. Said before the start of the season they would win around 46 games. Which wasn't enough W's to make the playoffs last year.

And anyone that thinks LeBron to LA-LA Land was about this year is fooling themselves.

Once the Lakers revamp their roster in the off season if they miss the playoffs next year then it's a problem.

And I wonder who's tops on their list to replace Walton? Any guesses LakersNation?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh @ all the over the top LeBron Haters out there. I didn't even have the Lakers making the playoffs this year. Said before the start of the season they would win around 46 games. Which wasn't enough W's to make the playoffs last year.

And anyone that thinks LeBron to LA-LA Land was about this year is fooling themselves.

Once the Lakers revamp their roster in the off season if they miss the playoffs next year then it's a problem.

And I wonder who's tops on their list to replace Walton? Any guesses LakersNation?
Lebron to LA was about Lebron being in LA.

But I doubt he imagined he'd fail to get another superstar to join him and would miss the playoffs. He said it would take time in Cleveland too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Cavs gave him 3 years 39 i would be good with that- though it obviously depends on how he plays next year and if they trade him at the deadline.....he will be expiring and I am sure a contender could use a big man who is unselfish, is one of the better reboudners (especially on the offensive glass), never needs plays run for him, is a good leader, ahs playoff experience and can switch the pnr.......

itll be itneresting to see if he is dealt or not. Cavs have a TON of expiring contracts next year-

Thompson 18.5
Clarkson 14
Delly 11
Henson 11
Knight 15

are the big ones

Imo, it's hard to gauge what TT is worth. He reminds me a lot of AC Green with the Showtime Lakers.

He's one of those guys who doesn't jump off the page with his stats or that you really notice during the game...but who is essential to a winning team because he does the "dirty work".

You can pretty much pencil him in for 10-15 ppg without having any plays run for him and who will get you 8-12 rebounds, but even more important, will get you a few extra possessions per game with his offensive rebounding or just tipping the ball out to a teammate. He also plays some tough defense as well.

None of what he does is "sexy", but it's important to the teams success.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, if this is true I was taken in by the headlines

So was everyone. Kobe was boo'd at Staples Center for the first few games after the trade because even Lakers fans thought it was his fault.

Over the course of the season, more of the story came out and then Shaq eventually had his "mea culpas" after he retired.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, it's hard to gauge what TT is worth. He reminds me a lot of AC Green with the Showtime Lakers.

He's one of those guys who doesn't jump off the page with his stats or that you really notice during the game...but who is essential to a winning team because he does the "dirty work".

You can pretty much pencil him in for 10-15 ppg without having any plays run for him and who will get you 8-12 rebounds, but even more important, will get you a few extra possessions per game with his offensive rebounding or just tipping the ball out to a teammate. He also plays some tough defense as well.

None of what he does is "sexy", but it's important to the teams success.
AC a good comparison. I'm gonna say the hope is the Cavs are again a good team and if they are TT is probably more like a 7-10 PPG and 6-9 rebound guy. But on THIS team I'd say those #s are right.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron to LA was about Lebron being in LA.

But I doubt he imagined he'd fail to get another superstar to join him and would miss the playoffs. He said it would take time in Cleveland too.

I agree LeBron in L.A. was about him being there. That's why I sometimes call him LeHollywood.

Makes sense for life after basketball though. Isn't he executive producer of a couple different shows?

Plus him staying w/ the Cavs or his family staying in NE Ohio would have been a living hell for his youngest son Bronny had he gone to St. Vincent's St. Mary's. On a personal sidenote...I really dislike that school. Always have. Fucking snobs!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018-19 Regular Season NBA Player Stats and League Leaders - 3-Points - National Basketball Association - ESPN

There are 29 guys in the league shooting over 40% from 3.

the lowest # of makes to qualify that i saw on the list was Bobby Potis at 58 makes. Still very impressed that Bobby Portis is making 41.4% of 3's even if its at a relatively low volume. He is underated player.

Some other notables on the list:

-Joe Harris leads all of basketball at 46.3% on 155 makes--- this is what @DJ told me- when i said that the Cavs might have found a solid role player in Joe Harris in the draft: Perk to Cleveland "Joe Harris? D-League material."

-Seth Curry is #3 at 45.0% on 126 makes- nice below the radar pickup from Portland.

-Danny Green is #4 at 44.1% on 163 makes- Toronto got a helluva deal getting him thrown in.

-Buddy Hield is #6 at 43.4% on a big time 231 makes- what a steal the Kings got.

-Landry Shamet is #12 with a 42.2% on 144 makes- a helluva job by a rookie. Great deal landing him by the Clips and he might be a nice piece for them to flip or keep.

-Malcolm Brogdon at tied for #10 with a 42.6% on 104 makes. This guy is a really valuable role player- but i am sure he sees plenty of spacing and plenty of open looks

-Steph Curry at #10 with a 42.6% and the most makes on the list at 295 (with the guys making over 40%)

-Colin Sexton- is #20 with a 41.3% and 95 makes- a weakness of his was supposed to be 3 pt shooting

-Karl Anthony Towns surprised me being on this list- #23 with a 40.8% on 150 makes. He can really shoot the 3 for a big man.

-last but not least- old man Vince Carter at #29- 40.4% on 104 makes. Old but useful.

If the Cavs were to get Zion I think in two years when all those contracts go off the books you have to think they will be dangerous with a core of:

Love
Sexton
Zion
Nance
Osman - sign a new contract
Zizic

With about $50M in cap room or so, I would think players would want to play with a young core like that even if it is Cleveland.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree LeBron in L.A. was about him being there. That's why I sometimes call him LeHollywood.

Makes sense for life after basketball though. Isn't he executive producer of a couple different shows?

Plus him staying w/ the Cavs or his family staying in NE Ohio would have been a living hell for his youngest son Bronny had he gone to St. Vincent's St. Mary's. On a personal sidenote...I really dislike that school. Always have. Fucking snobs!
Can't say I know much about St. V's so not sure why it would have been tough on Bronny. Having to live up to dad?

Always thought going to LA because of off court didn't make a lot of sense. Not like he can make movies during the season and can live in LA in offseason no matter what team he played for. But seems like he might be involved in some of these shows during season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs were to get Zion I think in two years when all those contracts go off the books you have to think they will be dangerous with a core of:

Love
Sexton
Zion
Nance
Zizic

With about $50M in cap room or so, I would think players would want to play with a young core like that even if it is Cleveland.
Love would be a really nice complimentary piece next to Zion too---- spread the floor, help rebound etc.......

Sexton looks to be a guy that can spread the floor and break down a defense too.

If Cleveland gets Zion its on.

Id be happy with Barrett too- but Zion---- just wow. It would be ON.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love
Sexton
Zion
Nance
Zizic

And even if not they could have the assets to trade for a stud (could take a bad contract if need be)