• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would assume its because if you dont box out and give up the rebound any defense played before hand is completely moot. lol....but that would just be too much common sense.

I mean i think its fairly obvious that knowing how to box out, being able to anticipate where the ball is going to go, and snagging a higher % of defensive rebounds has a real material net effect on the teams overall defense.
she actually said allowing a team to get a shot off to be able to get a rebound means the team (or a player) played poor defense.

If there is a Post of the Year here that has to be nominated.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT's second year in the league he was 13th in the NBA in rebounding and scored over 11 pts a game

Bam in his second year has come off the bench while Kelly Olnyk and James Johnson have each started more games.

enough said.

8.5 points 6.8 rebounds a game? cmon now.

Thats more Larry NAnce territory than Tristan Thompson territory.
I think it's somewhere in the middle. No way I'd call Bam a poor man's TT. But being blocked by JJ and Olynyk (especially JJ) would be like TT being held back by Varejao, Speights and/or Tyler Zeller.

One day some will see me for what I really am (but I'm good if not as it leads to comical discussions)....an objective fan able to see both sides in a discussion. Not the typical over-the-top extreme fan who wont even listen to what someone else says.

also not the typical 100%er where everything is 100% one way or the other. No in between. Everyone sucks or is great.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, overpaid max players get you to where?
K Love status/results?

There are some true, elite worth their weight in gold superstars who do end up usually on championship teams or championship contending teams but they just dont fall from the sky.

We’ve had the debate before.
You’re a bandwaggoner.
Things are looking good. You’ll watch.

As a STH, screw sucking every night.
Ive been through it.
KLove won a title on a max deal and played for 3 others with 2 other max guys. Yeah, that sucked.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although some of this blame has to go on Riley for having no clue how to build a roster.

You have Olnyk, James Johnson and Whiteside---- and then you draft another big man.

You are paying Whiteside 25M a year to play 25 minutes a night. lol.

You are paying James Jonhson 15M a year to play 20 minutes a night.

The Heat have Richardson, Winslow, Dragic, and had Tyler Johnson, Wayne Ellington, McGruder and Waiters for their guard perimeter players. I mean, the roster just does not make any sense. Why pay so many guys contracts that are expensive---- the NBA middle class type contract is dying- and the heat double downed on it.

You cant play Richardson, Winslow, Dragic, Tyler Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Waiters, McGruder real rotation minutes. What was the plan?

I mean normal NBA teams try and get a star or two and then fill in some role guys....instead the Heat just paid huge money to have a ton of guys that no one could ever find enough playing time for. It just made no sense.

I said it at the time....a few years ago i said- the Heat are going to be somewhere between a kinda-bad and a mediocre team- and its exactly what has happened

6th seed first round knockout

lotto team missed the playoffs

and now probly 8th seed?

the Heat have one guy that averages 30 minutes or more a game. That is some weird shit. Riley built a fucked up roster that just made no sense.

the only thingi can think of is that he thought when he signed guys that he would have no problem moving some of them-- and that of course turned out to be not-true.
And for some reason it's always Gilbert who gets ripped for being left by Lebron, when he did the same to Riley.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not consider Heat have Whiteside.
Bam took advantage of his opportunity when Whiteside was injured.

Cavs had no C, and Tristan wasnt even starting.
No center? For those who care to use per 36, what about Ante Zizic? Now I think he's no more than a solid backup, but per 36 he's at nearly 16 ppg and over 10 rpg, shooting .588 from field.

More upside than Bam?

I don't think he's better, but if we want to use per 36.....

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, fuck Klay Thompson. He's done this for years. I remember when they started 24-0, lost to Milwaukee and he said "they didn't shut us down. Nobody shuts us down."

He can't give credit to the opponent. The Spurs played great defense last night and he can't even admit it. Whoever says this is the most likable of the Warriors is out of their mind.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean for 4 years the Cavs went balls to the wall and spent more money in the luxury tax then Arison will during the whole time he owns the Miami Heat...and making tons of trades bringing in tons of pieces the cupboards were fairly bare- just like last time

and already- what have the Cavs done? set themselves up to have cap space next summer, got tons of extra draft picks, have a lotto talent in SExton and will add another lotto talent in a couple months- have a ton of expiring contracts to get more assets next trade deadline.

meanwhile the Heat OWE a first round pick to the Clippers thats totally unprotected- are going to get another mediocre draft pick if they are not fortunate enough to edge out the Orlando Magic for the 8t hseed and honor of getting their ass whooped by the Bucks, have no cap space again this summer, and even next summer still have a fair amount of cap commitments for the upteenth year in a row.

Tyler Johnson signing- that was a "D" at best- so bad they had to take back the worthless Ryan Anderson contract.
Kelly Olnyk signing? maybe a C at best? if you could cut him right now and get off his contract I would
James Johnsons awful contract is easily an F- hes here next year AND the year after
Waiters? another long term deal that looks bad

Hassan Whiteside? HAHAHAHA- you know how happy Riley would be if that guy declined his player option?! hed think hed won the lottery. I wouldnt be surprised if they are BEGGING Him to decline that player option.

Winslow has actually shown development- but the Celtics offered the Heat 4 first round picks for him on draft day and dumbass Riley actually said NO! another totally blown opportunity.
And Riley is like the teflon GM with hardly ever a criticism thrown his way.

Gilbert? Ripped constantly because of an extreme will to win, success as a busniessman and NBA owner and I suspect his Napolean Complex.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh Dion was injured? big surprise! lol

Olynk has been good? 10 and 5 and 36% from 3 and shit defense? thats worth 12M?!
would think if someone thinks he's worth his contract they would think TT should get 15-18 mil.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love IT and appreciate his time here... I wish him no ill will and have no desire to say anything bad about him.

That being said:

No team... (past or present during his career)... that features IT in a starting role has any chance at winning an NBA title.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team defense actually been very solid.

Watch the games before you talk shit.

How many Heat games you watched this year? The 3X they embarrassed the Cavs I assume

Also making assumptions on stats alone is pretty dumb if you ask me. There are a lot of things that players do in general that you won't see by going to espn and pulling up their statistics
I don't doubt this about his team D. Know who else plays solid team D (as well as being a very smart player) but gets ripped for his D constantly?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat will have plenty of cap space soon enough, and had zero chance to win anything these past few seasons regardless of any potential moves they would have made.

You can write 10,000 more words on how great the Cavs plan, but anyone with brain knows the ONLY success the Cavs have achieved in the last 2 decades was because of how lotto balls bounced.
Fair statement, but because the Cavs stayed away from NBA Purgatory. And they don't have the advnatage in Cleveland a team in South Beach might have.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will say it again but the NBA must do something on these ridiculous fouls 3 point shooters are getting is ridiculous.

Can't even chase a shooter hard on an off ball screen. Once he throws his body a certain way on a catch and shoot 3 then he is awarded 3 free throws lol
This

And hate any shot where the shooter gets to moves under the guy who jumped so he lands on him for a foul.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss Sexton balling tonight.

2 big 3's.
I am just amazed how well he's been shooting the 3 this year, when so many said it would ba a major issue.

Only concern with him now is his passing or lack of. Is it poor vision, selfish, bad teammates or just young and something he can learn?