• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really isn't any.

Obviously, the Lakers can't shut him down until they are officially eliminated. Have to keep up appearances.

But yeah, once they are eliminated, his uniform should be removed from his locker and replaced with as really nice suit. Followed by a press release saying that his groin never fully healed, but he tried to "play through it" and now needs to heal so he can come back next year "fully activated".

LeBron's hair has been looking luxurious lately. I knew NE Ohio didn't have the proper hair care replacement centers. Damn, I guess Los Angeles really does have everything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually miss going up to Berea for training camp. You're correct about no QB talk. Been too long since we've said that about the Browns.
I get they wont do it with a new coach (and of course because we were last year) but wish this was our Hard Knocks year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos actually beat them three times in the AFC championship.

Yea. I know. Total ownership.

I just remember The Drive and The Fumble. My Mom and her best friend were Broncos fans and I talked a lot of smack to them before and during those games. lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly how it'll be spun. They'll talk about the injuries, which is real and they'll also talk about how they were never going to contend this year and it was about building for next year.

They'll also talk about how well the team was playing before all of this started piling up.

The goal was to make the playoffs and barring some sort of miracle run and some help from the Clips and Spurs that doesn't look like it's going to happen, they aren't getting there.

It's not the end of the world if they don't make it because they weren't winning a title anyway and Lebron could use the break.

But the pressure to get something done in the off-season is going to be ridiculous.

Yeah. No matter how they spin it now, missing the playoffs this year is a failure. Lebron certainly isn't trying to hide that. Everyone knew that this team wasn't winning a title. But the floor was a 6 or 7 seed and early playoff exit. Ceiling was a 2 or 3 seed and a conference final exit.

So now Pelinka/Magic are going to be under tremendous pressure to bring in a big time star. And make their move. No more 1 year deals. Build the team and see how it plays out. If it works, great. If it doesn't they get fired.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remember The Drive and The Fumble. My Mom and her best friend were Broncos fans and I talked a lot of smack to them before and during those games. lol
I blame you now. Thought it was because I wore the wrong shirt...glad I'm off the hook.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. No matter how they spin it now, missing the playoffs this year is a failure. Lebron certainly isn't trying to hide that. Everyone knew that this team wasn't winning a title. But the floor was a 6 or 7 seed and early playoff exit. Ceiling was a 2 or 3 seed and a conference final exit.

So now Pelinka/Magic are going to be under tremendous pressure to bring in a big time star. And make their move. No more 1 year deals. Build the team and see how it plays out. If it works, great. If it doesn't they get fired.
Pelinka would be easy to fire but Magic a little tougher I would think....but they would if he warranted it I'm sure.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get they wont do it with a new coach (and of course because we were last year) but wish this was our Hard Knocks year.

Have never watched a minute of that show. And hope the Browns are never featured on it again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have heard you mention Vuc and Beal a number of times and I agree.

I'd almost want the Lakers to just target them first.

Obviously, with names like KD, Kawhi, Klay and the possibility of trading for AD, they can't. They have to at least be able to say they tried for those guys.

But Vucevic and Beal might actually be the best "fits for Lebron" that he's ever played with. Not that KD, Kawhi or Klay would be bad fits. lol

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have never watched a minute of that show. And hope the Browns are never featured on it again.

The two funniest players didn't make the team

Nassib and the fourth stringer QB Brogan

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's this bar downtown called the Pearl Street Pub. Downstairs where the pool tables are they have The Drive picture by picture on the walls. I really hate that place.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, those expectations were based on the team being healthy. Just a rough count, but Lebron, Rondo, Ball and Kuzma have missed a combined 54 games and now Ingram was out last night.

I think if anyone knew that was going to happen, most would have put them right about where they are.

I agree. I don't think there should be anymore cap space preservation. Use the space to improve the team as much as possible and live with the results.

Much of where they are is due to the mess Short Buss made being even worse than many thought, an incredible run of bad luck and some rookie mistakes by Magic and Pelinka.

The lucks got to turn around at some point...

Doesn't it? lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly how it'll be spun. They'll talk about the injuries, which is real and they'll also talk about how they were never going to contend this year and it was about building for next year.

They'll also talk about how well the team was playing before all of this started piling up.

The goal was to make the playoffs and barring some sort of miracle run and some help from the Clips and Spurs that doesn't look like it's going to happen, they aren't getting there.

It's not the end of the world if they don't make it because they weren't winning a title anyway and Lebron could use the break.

But the pressure to get something done in the off-season is going to be ridiculous.
Which means they are going to overpay Boogie and trading for Beal

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, those expectations were based on the team being healthy. Just a rough count, but Lebron, Rondo, Ball and Kuzma have missed a combined 54 games and now Ingram was out last night.

I think if anyone knew that was going to happen, most would have put them right about where they are.

I agree. I don't think there should be anymore cap space preservation. Use the space to improve the team as much as possible and live with the results.

Much of where they are is due to the mess Short Buss made being even worse than many thought, an incredible run of bad luck and some rookie mistakes by Magic and Pelinka.

The lucks got to turn around at some point...

Doesn't it? lol

I agree that injuries played a huge part of where the Lakers are. And normally I think that teams would be given a pass. But someone is going to take a fall and it looks like Walton this time round. If the Lakers aren't able to lure one big name in, Pelinka/Magic are in real trouble

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. On the one hand, the whole point was to bring a title to Cleveland.

But, at the time, no one saw the Warriors as a dynasty or that they'd add KD to an already championship caliber team and even with no titles, 4 straight finals isn't nothing.
"Yeah it kinda is" - the 1990s Buffalo Bills

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which means they are going to overpay Boogie and trading for Beal

Maybe. If they're going to overpay, I'd rather they go after Vucevic than Boogie. But Boogie, so far, looks like he may be able to get close to where he was before the Achilles, which would be good.

But his attitude concerns me.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the phony congrats. but hey, there's a silver lining. at least all the clamoring dick-riders like yourself won't be gagging on LeClown's dick this playoffs yammering on about his "greatness"...:D
You're a little obsessed with LeBron's dick

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd almost want the Lakers to just target them first.

Obviously, with names like KD, Kawhi, Klay and the possibility of trading for AD, they can't. They have to at least be able to say they tried for those guys.

But Vucevic and Beal might actually be the best "fits for Lebron" that he's ever played with. Not that KD, Kawhi or Klay would be bad fits. lol
Lakers need to do what's best for them and not care about fans who don't get the real NBA is not fantasy basketball.