• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oooo, i got a better idea...

why don't i do what i do...

and YOU...feel free to complain about it as much as you like...:D

#i'lldome

#youdoyou
just as long as you know that LeBron is without a doubt AT LEAST the 3rd best player of all time..... ;)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but KCP is with Klutch sooo...lol

Wayne Ellington would have been okay. He was kind of a mixed bag when he was with the Lakers before, but he's a career .380 from 3, so he certainly wouldn't hurt.

Thing is, who knows who the Lakers talked to? He may not have been interested in coming back.

Yeah, Ellington was my main guy since he actually took a relatively low figure and a 1 year deal at that. He signed way late into the free agency period, so I think it might have been a good get for you guys. IMO, I think he would have been a much better cap filler than say Rondo, and let Hart have the opportunity to be the backup PG.

But I mean, it's mostly in hindsight. Can't do anything to change the situation, only use that cap space wisely next year.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oooo, i got a better idea...

why don't i do what i do...

and YOU...feel free to complain about it as much as you like...:D

#i'lldome

#youdoyou
You're kind of thin skinned for a message board

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Ellington was my main guy since he actually took a relatively low figure and a 1 year deal at that. He signed way late into the free agency period, so I think it might have been a good get for you guys. IMO, I think he would have been a much better cap filler than say Rondo, and let Hart have the opportunity to be the backup PG.

But I mean, it's mostly in hindsight. Can't do anything to change the situation, only use that cap space wisely next year.

Yep, agree that he would be good. But we don't know if he even wanted to come back.

I wouldn't want to have Hart as a backup pg. He doesn't have the handles. Ideally, Ball would have stayed healthy and Rondo could have been his backup/mentor.

I agree that the best thing for the Lakers at this point is to learn from the mistakes they made and do better this off-season. If they do that, this season will be forgotten about quickly.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^yammering on^^^ ...:yawning::yawning:

#whoneedssleepingpills?:rolleyes2:
you can whine all you want...doesn't change the facts.

LeBron is AT LEAST top 3 of all time- and has a case as #1 of all time. Your whining and complaining does not change that fact.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. No matter how they spin it now, missing the playoffs this year is a failure. Lebron certainly isn't trying to hide that. Everyone knew that this team wasn't winning a title. But the floor was a 6 or 7 seed and early playoff exit. Ceiling was a 2 or 3 seed and a conference final exit.

So now Pelinka/Magic are going to be under tremendous pressure to bring in a big time star. And make their move. No more 1 year deals. Build the team and see how it plays out. If it works, great. If it doesn't they get fired.

The only negative effect of missing the playoffs is to Lebron's ego (and an earlier end to the media swarm). A first round exit is helpful how? Maybe to give the kids their first taste of the playoffs, but if they're going to be traded off anyway, what then? Get the better draft pick and continue building. Hopefully add a big name this summer and move forward.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else he can give them 10-15 minutes the games Boogie and/or Green are suspended.

I kid....I kid.
Great plan unless he gets injured :D

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I know...

Harden carried his team when he lost Paul, Capela and Gordon.

So, LeBron doesn't have any excuse, unless he's still hurt.

Obviously, he's missed a chunk of time.

I'm referring to the games he's been back.

That whole team has quit.

It is funny that when the Lakers lose to Phoenix, they're going down in flames. When the Bucks lose to them the very next game, crickets. Never mind that the Lakers coughed up a potential win over the Bucks as well...

The team hasn't quit; they have key players (Rondo, Lebron) that aren't taking defense seriously enough. Rondo used to be all-NBA; his regression isn't about anything other than interest IMO, and it really hurts this team. They routinely get beat up by opposing backcourts; whomever Rondo gets switched onto scores easily. The whole team goes through lapses where they don't know the defensive rotations, and I think that's at least partially related. They need Ball back to solidify that backcourt defense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about dumb ass's that match up Kyle Kuzma with DeAndre Ayton finish last

Apparently, Brook Lopez wasn't a good choice either (convenient tie-in with your "missed" free agent list).