• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that injuries played a huge part of where the Lakers are. And normally I think that teams would be given a pass. But someone is going to take a fall and it looks like Walton this time round. If the Lakers aren't able to lure one big name in, Pelinka/Magic are in real trouble

Yeah, it sucks, but if there is any validity to the reports, Luke is gone. Hopefully, Jeanie will intervene and they can use injuries and the AD debacle as reason to give Luke another shot with a hopefully, healthy team.

When Lebron was in Miami, he tried to get Spo fired, Riley shut that shit down and it turned out ok.

The difference though is that Spo was Riley's hire and Luke wasn't Magic's hire. However, he was Jeanie's hire and she seems to like him.

Jeanie is trying to run the Lakers like her Dad did. He usually let his "basketball people" do their thing...but if there was something he really wanted, it happened. It'll be interesting to see if she does the same.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers run LA until further notice

I'm sure @Mecca agrees
Here's what I know...

Harden carried his team when he lost Paul, Capela and Gordon.

So, LeBron doesn't have any excuse, unless he's still hurt.

Obviously, he's missed a chunk of time.

I'm referring to the games he's been back.

That whole team has quit.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it sucks, but if there is any validity to the reports, Luke is gone. Hopefully, Jeanie will intervene and they can use injuries and the AD debacle as reason to give Luke another shot with a hopefully, healthy team.

When Lebron was in Miami, he tried to get Spo fired, Riley shut that shit down and it turned out ok.

The difference though is that Spo was Riley's hire and Luke wasn't Magic's hire. However, he was Jeanie's hire and she seems to like him.

Jeanie is trying to run the Lakers like her Dad did. He usually let his "basketball people" do their thing...but if there was something he really wanted, it happened. It'll be interesting to see if she does the same.
Might be the best thing for Luke.

I think he would be great at UCLA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the best thing for Luke.

I think he would be great at UCLA.

I don't know. My hope is that Magic tells Lebron and Rich Paul (even if Jeanie has to make him do it), no more playing GM and no more complaints about Luke. We'll consult with you on guys we're considering, but you guys need to let us do our jobs.

I do agree though. As much as I'd hate it, he'd be really good at UCLA. Or at USC if they decide to move on from Enfield.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that injuries played a huge part of where the Lakers are. And normally I think that teams would be given a pass. But someone is going to take a fall and it looks like Walton this time round. If the Lakers aren't able to lure one big name in, Pelinka/Magic are in real trouble
Luke.

Luke will be the fall guy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I know...

I don't know if Lebron is still hurt, but he's not in shape from sitting out for so long which is essentially, the same result.

I disagree that they've quit. They just aren't healthy. They're in a "must win situation" and lose Ingram for at least last night and he's been arguably their best player since the all star break. Ball won't be back until Thursday at the earliest and I doubt even then because he hasn't even practiced yet.

With all of the injuries, guys are playing minutes and roles that they were never intended to and they are fading late in games.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Lebron is still hurt, but he's not in shape from sitting out for so long which is essentially, the same result.

I disagree that they've quit. They just aren't healthy. They're in a "must win situation" and lose Ingram for at least last night and he's been arguably their best player since the all star break. Ball won't be back until Thursday at the earliest and I doubt even then because he hasn't even practiced yet.

With all of the injuries, guys are playing minutes and roles that they were never intended to and they are fading late in games.
"lose Ingram"

I dunno about that

the guy is 21 and had played in 50 straight games and got sore. How many dudes play in 50 straight games without a night off?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. My hope is that Magic tells Lebron and Rich Paul (even if Jeanie has to make him do it), no more playing GM and no more complaints about Luke. We'll consult with you on guys we're considering, but you guys need to let us do our jobs.

I do agree though. As much as I'd hate it, he'd be really good at UCLA. Or at USC if they decide to move on from Enfield.
Ric Bucher‏Verified account @RicBucher
Ric Bucher Retweeted Doug Gottlieb

The interesting part of Luke going to the collegiate level is that I know how he feels about the state of AAU basketball -- he didn't like it when HE was in high school. But isn't the lead recruiter the most valuable member of a collegiate coach's staff?

Doug Gottlieb‏Verified account @GottliebShow
Doug Gottlieb Retweeted Ric Bucher

I like Luke a great deal. Everyone does. But he would be a terrible college coach. He hates the phone, doesn’t want to recruit and frankly, isn’t really into the work load of the non-coaching part.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"lose Ingram"

I dunno about that

the guy is 21 and had played in 50 straight games and got sore. How many dudes play in 50 straight games without a night off?

I agree to a point. But they had the all star break during those 50 games. They are in a must win situation and he has been arguably their best player since the all star break.

Seems like an odd time to rest him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the phony congrats. but hey, there's a silver lining. at least all the clamoring dick-riders like yourself won't be gagging on LeClown's dick this playoffs yammering on about his "greatness"...:D
"yammering on"?

I mean, LeBron is no question AT LEAST a top 3 player of all time and the case could be made he is No. 1.

the fact that the Lakers management did a shitty job putting guys around him and Lonzo Ball cant stay healthy does not change that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I know...

thank you, Mecca, for not being the only one to NOT give LeClown a pass...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ric Bucher‏Verified account @RicBucher
Ric Bucher Retweeted Doug Gottlieb

The interesting part of Luke going to the collegiate level is that I know how he feels about the state of AAU basketball -- he didn't like it when HE was in high school. But isn't the lead recruiter the most valuable member of a collegiate coach's staff?

Doug Gottlieb‏Verified account @GottliebShow
Doug Gottlieb Retweeted Ric Bucher

I like Luke a great deal. Everyone does. But he would be a terrible college coach. He hates the phone, doesn’t want to recruit and frankly, isn’t really into the work load of the non-coaching part.

lol

So much for Luke as a college coach.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"yammering on"?

I mean, LeBron is no question AT LEAST a top 3 player of all time and the case could be made he is No. 1.

the fact that the Lakers management did a shitty job putting guys around him and Lonzo Ball cant stay healthy does not change that.

^^^yammering on^^^...

:yawning: