• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that surprising?

They had Blake and CP3 for most of those years while the Lakers were rebuilding.

It's not all that surprising but, I didn't realize how bad they've been against them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Lakers tanking at this point? Their playoffs chances are close to nil. Just have Ball and Ingram bag the season?

Ball will need to play when he's healthy because of how long he's been out. I think they'll shut Lebron down as soon as they are officially eliminated.

Tougher call with Ingram. He could use the playing time to try to keep the momentum from how he's played since the all star break. On the other hand, he was out due to a shoulder issue and those can be tricky.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Pelinka is safe as wasn't he a Magic hire? doubt Magic wants to admit a gaffe he might have made and seemed like Magic was the front man on their moves.

Not sure when Pelinka was hired. Here's the way I look @ the Lakers season. It's a wash & went worse than most expected.

It would have been a nice story if LeBron would have been able to drag this roster to the playoffs. But LeBron joining the Lakers isn't about this year, it's about how the roster will be reshaped for next year. But if they miss the playoff next year it's a major problem.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder what the narrative here would be had we not won a title. Might take out an ad during the Finals.

That's a good question. If LeBron didn't bring a title to Cleveland I think his returning would have been looked @ as a failure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure when Pelinka was hired. Here's the way I look @ the Lakers season. It's a wash & went worse than most expected.

It would have been a nice story if LeBron would have been able to drag this roster to the playoffs. But LeBron joining the Lakers isn't about this year, it's about how the roster will be reshaped for next year. But if they miss the playoff next year it's a major problem.
I'm sure that's how they'll spin it, but I would bet they thought a 4-6 seed was very possible or even likely.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question. If LeBron didn't bring a title to Cleveland I think his returning would have been looked @ as a failure.
No doubt and there would be far more angst from the fans (myself included). I'm sure Gilbert wouldn't have let him go so easily either.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that's how they'll spin it, but I would bet they thought a 4-6 seed was very possible or even likely.

As a completely unbiased NBA fan (go celtics!) I wouldn't mind if they stay in this current funk for years & years.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what's going on with the Lakers.
You just hate to see it happen.....

How about Landry Shamet with 36 minutes?
Several 20 pt games now.
Good to see the kid flourish.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be worse...

you could be the LeClown Lakers...

@ClevelandCurse

It's really sad...just not for me. But I have to give a congrats to you and your team. You not only won't make the playoffs, you also won't get a top 12 pick. That takes skill lol BUT if you really keep losing you could end up sliding into the top 10

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's exactly how it'll be spun. They'll talk about the injuries, which is real and they'll also talk about how they were never going to contend this year and it was about building for next year.

They'll also talk about how well the team was playing before all of this started piling up.

The goal was to make the playoffs and barring some sort of miracle run and some help from the Clips and Spurs that doesn't look like it's going to happen, they aren't getting there.

It's not the end of the world if they don't make it because they weren't winning a title anyway and Lebron could use the break.

But the pressure to get something done in the off-season is going to be ridiculous.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt and there would be far more angst from the fans (myself included). I'm sure Gilbert wouldn't have let him go so easily either.

I have many family/friends back home that are Cavs fans. I know it meant a lot to them (and all the other Cavs fans in NE Ohio) to complete the greatest Finals comeback of all time. I've always wanted the Cavs do well, but they aren't my # 1 team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really sad...just not for me. But I have to give a congrats to you and your team. You not only won't make the playoffs, you also won't get a top 12 pick. That takes skill lol BUT if you really keep losing you could end up sliding into the top 10

You know that folks laugh at your butthurt don't you?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly how it'll be spun. They'll talk about the injuries, which is real and they'll also talk about how they were never going to contend this year and it was about building for next year.

They'll also talk about how well the team was playing before all of this started piling up.

The goal was to make the playoffs and barring some sort of miracle run and some help from the Clips and Spurs that doesn't look like it's going to happen, they aren't getting there.

It's not the end of the world if they don't make it because they weren't winning a title anyway and Lebron could use the break.

But the pressure to get something done in the off-season is going to be ridiculous.

Think I said a couple months ago that would be the exact narrative by Magic.....but he'd say it was the plan, not just not the end of the world.

You aren't kidding about the pressure. If the top FAs start going elsewhere and no AD? Yikes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know. On the one hand, the whole point was to bring a title to Cleveland.

But, at the time, no one saw the Warriors as a dynasty or that they'd add KD to an already championship caliber team and even with no titles, 4 straight finals isn't nothing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have many family/friends back home that are Cavs fans. I know it meant a lot to them (and all the other Cavs fans in NE Ohio) to complete the greatest Finals comeback of all time. I've always wanted the Cavs do well, but they aren't my # 1 team.
Never thought I'd see a title here.....but as I told my son during the parade if the Browns just won the division the excitement would dwarf a Cavs' title here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. On the one hand, the whole point was to bring a title to Cleveland.

But, at the time, no one saw the Warriors as a dynasty or that they'd add KD to an already championship caliber team and even with no titles, 4 straight finals isn't nothing.
That's how a rational person looks at it, but how many sports fans are rational. Look how Lebron gets ripped for "only" beating them one time.