• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no being fair to them. They had options available. They went shopping in the dump by choice. I'm not even talking about missing out on top guys either. They had low money guys available like Seth Curry that they didn't even show real interest in. Then there's dumb shit like the fact they even signed Rondo to begin with when A) Lebron is your PG and B) You already had Lonzo who has those same skills and is younger and better. It's a bad fit right from the start because what Rondo does bring to the table (not much, and hasn't been for years) is already covered elsewhere on the roster. Or the fact that Brook Lopez, who was interested in coming back for the same money that they ended up giving to Beasley, was available yet they still went in another direction. I'm not in love with Brook Lopez but what's better? A viable NBA starting center that can rim run and shoot 3s (basically the ideal fit next to Lebron) or a noted knucklehead, low basketball IQ player that's spent most of his career bouncing between the NBA and China? The decision making was littered with easily identifiable question marks. They don't need excuses or explanations or any hindsight help to make it seem like their hands were tied. They just flat out screwed it up. Pretty much everyone last Summer knew what they were doing was dumb but them.

We'll have to agree to disagree with the exception of Brook Lopez. He had said he would consider coming back if the Lakers got Lebron. I don't remember the timing of when he signed, but the Lakers should have tried to keep in touch with him and see if they could still get him. I will say though, a Slowpez "rim run" is more of a "rim jog" though. But he has hit more 3's than any other center in the league. The Lakers could use a little of that. lol

I don't have a problem with the Rondo signing. He was playing well prior to his injury and he's been great with the kids (reports are that they all love him).

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya gotta love when this card is being played by the guy trying to prove their knowledge to strangers. Not doing very well, though, are ya little buckaroo.

wow, now it's personal... ?

must be past your nap time, little fella...

My apologies for not agreeing with you. Feel better now...?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man was dubbed, "bozo, the coach" in Dallas...

oh, but I'm way off...
OK, but man won a title in 4 years, while the coach they loved won 2 in 9. Weird again you haven't been able to refute any of the comments I made. Probably because they were mostly factual.

And, yes, you are way off, other than proving what I know.....when fans don't like a coach they refuse to give him credit but give him all the blame.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you call this personal? Calling you little buckaroo and throwing your own logic back at you? You'd rather I be the poster who asked if I was autistic because he didn't like someone having a different opinion than he did, and proving him wrong with facts?

Wow's all I have for that one.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but man won a title in 4 years, while the coach they loved won 2 in 9. Weird again you haven't been able to refute any of the comments I made. Probably because they were mostly factual.

And, yes, you are way off, other than proving what I know.....when fans don't like a coach they refuse to give him credit but give him all the blame.

sad...

but keep trying to bring my personal feelings into this. That's worked so effectively to this point... :heh:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to mention he called you "buckaroo." You're probably old enough to be his dad, maybe even his grandpa.

:heh:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you call this personal? Calling you little buckaroo and throwing your own logic back at you? You'd rather I be the poster who asked if I was autistic because he didn't like someone having a different opinion than he did, and proving him wrong with facts?

Wow's all I have for that one.

that what you did...?

I made the point that anyone with half a brain could've coached that Dallas squad, and YOU kept on throwing up BS reasons why I was "supposedly" incorrect on my opinion...

but hey, it's your time to waste...

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That commercial with Embiid was actually funny.....Hulu has a good one there.

I miss good commercials....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that what you did...?

I made the point that anyone with half a brain could've coached that Dallas squad, and YOU kept on throwing up BS reasons why I was "supposedly" incorrect on my opinion...

but hey, it's your time to waste...

What about......1/4 of a brain?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly not sure how much "credit" Switzer deserves though.

Jimmy Johnson built the Cowboys into a Super Bowl Winner after taking over a 3-13 team. His teams went 1-15, 7-9, 11-5, 13-3, 12-4 and won 2 Super Bowls.

Switzer then took over and his teams went 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 6-10 and won 1 Super Bowl.

Based on records and the fact that Chan Gailey went 10-6 the season after Switzer left would seem to indicate that Switzer tore down what Johnson built.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad...

but keep trying to bring my personal feelings into this. That's worked so effectively to this point... :heh:
I guess it's wrong for everyone to criticize my "feelings" of Love being better than Green and/or Klay. Do I need to start crying about that?

And if my "feelings" were that Lebron was no better than Klay because Klay has more titles I suspect someone might try and prove me wrong with facts.

That's usually how it goes in sports forums. Guys like you do the same, but also get bent out of shape when their "feelings" are easily refuted with logic, facts and reason.

Hell, if you have something other than "everyone knows" to explain why the guy who won a title in 4 years with a pretty bad GM and is one of the best college coaches we've seen is a bad coach then feel free to tell me.

Never mind I never said another coach could not have won a title there. But he did.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to agree to disagree with the exception of Brook Lopez. He had said he would consider coming back if the Lakers got Lebron. I don't remember the timing of when he signed, but the Lakers should have tried to keep in touch with him and see if they could still get him. I will say though, a Slowpez "rim run" is more of a "rim jog" though. But he has hit more 3's than any other center in the league. The Lakers could use a little of that. lol

I don't have a problem with the Rondo signing. He was playing well prior to his injury and he's been great with the kids (reports are that they all love him).

Yeah, I agree with this. Lopez would have been nice and probably a better fit in the offense next to James.....but Rondo has been really solid overall IMO. And McGee hasn't been too bad at all for the most part. He's provided some scoring, rebounding, and shot blocking. Lopez doesn't rebound much or play defense.

Loved the Ingram posterizing Slow-pez the other day though.....LOL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly not sure how much "credit" Switzer deserves though.

Jimmy Johnson built the Cowboys into a Super Bowl Winner after taking over a 3-13 team. His teams went 1-15, 7-9, 11-5, 13-3, 12-4 and won 2 Super Bowls.

Switzer then took over and his teams went 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 6-10 and won 1 Super Bowl.

Based on records and the fact that Chan Gailey went 10-6 the season after Switzer left would seem to indicate that Switzer tore down what Johnson built.
How did Switzer tear it down. Wouldn't it indicate if Switzer's teams played well with Johnson's guys that Jerry Jones was the guy who tore it down? HArd to call a guy who went 40-24 with a title a clown, isn't it? want to tell me JJ's a better coach I wouldn't disagree.

I have no doubt Johnson was an outstanding GM.

By this logic, wouldn't it mean Wannstadt is a better coach than JJ as JJ never had more than 10 wins in Miami, but Wannstadt was 11-5 his first 2 years there with JJs guys?