• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, his record, with essentially the same team, got worse and a guy that also isn't considered a good coach basically reversed the record in his first year after Switzer left.

I think Switzer was an outstanding college coach, his record there speaks for itself with teams he built. Being a great college coach guarantees nothing in the pros (Saban proves that).

I don't know if they lost some key players over Switzer's 4 years, but of that 40-24 record, 24 of those wins came in his first 2 seasons, he was 16-16 his last 2 seasons.

Going 6-10 his last season and having Chan Gailey go 10-6 the following season, doesn't help his case much either.
OK, but as you said we don't know the situation with who they lost for the 6-10 season. What we know is in only 4 years he won a title. When it got to the point the team was being led by the guys Jerry Jones was picking they went downhill but only the 1 season.

Yes, Gailey picked them back up to 10-6, then went 8-8 and back to 6-10 2 times. Sometimes, the same coach will have way more than a 4 game swing in consecutive seasons. Doesn't mean they were good one and forgot how to coach in the other.

And, as mentioned, JJ never won more than 10 in Miami, but he left and they went 11-5 2 seasons in a row.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with this. Lopez would have been nice and probably a better fit in the offense next to James.....but Rondo has been really solid overall IMO. And McGee hasn't been too bad at all for the most part. He's provided some scoring, rebounding, and shot blocking. Lopez doesn't rebound much or play defense.

Loved the Ingram posterizing Slow-pez the other day though.....LOL.

Rondo sucks and has sucked for most of this decade. He's just a dude at this point. There's a reason he's on like his 5th team in 5 years. He's a selfish assist hunter. He's never been able to shoot all that well (though tbf, he's managed to go from awful to semi-average), and he hasn't been a good defensive player in years. People are fooled because of his name and they think its still 2011 with him. He'll have 10 good games out of 72 (those 10 will all be on national TV) and because of that, people will think he still has significant value. If you're relying on Rajon Rondo to have a significant role for your team, your team isn't going far.

Don't take this as a personal insult, but your post is the exact example of what I'm talking about when referring to a portion of Lakers fans trying to rationalize bad signings in hindsight.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd fucking love him on the Lakers since he and James have played together......he'd give us the 2nd guy we need and I think he'd be comfortable with that....until James retires and he can take over as the lead dog so to speak.
I would want him if I were you, too.

Hard to believe they added Lebron and might only win 5 more games. Someone's gonna pay and we know it wont be Magic or Lebron.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo sucks and has sucked for most of this decade. He's just a dude at this point. There's a reason he's on like his 5th team in 5 years. He's a selfish assist hunter. He's never been able to shoot all that well (though tbf, he's managed to go from awful to semi-average), and he hasn't been a good defensive player in years. People are fooled because of his name and they think its still 2011 with him. He'll have 10 good games out of 72 (those 10 will all be on national TV) and because of that, people will think he still has significant value. If you're relying on Rajon Rondo to have a significant role for your team, your team isn't going far.

Don't take this as a personal insult, but your post is the exact example of what I'm talking about when referring to a portion of Lakers fans trying to rationalize bad signings in hindsight.

You missed him on the Pels run last postseason apparently.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch....only if they don't keep Horford's rights, but then they need to replae him. Tough spot.

Horford's pretty important to that team, I think he's the glue. Great passer for a big man, decent rebounder, good defender, and can score some.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed him on the Pels run last postseason apparently.

So great they offered him a nice contract to stay, oh wait. Maybe he had a ton of other offers too, huh, nope.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford's pretty important to that team, I think he's the glue. Great passer for a big man, decent rebounder, good defender, and can score some.
No doubt....cannot let him go.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, his record, with essentially the same team, got worse and a guy that also isn't considered a good coach basically reversed the record in his first year after Switzer left.

I think Switzer was an outstanding college coach, his record there speaks for itself with teams he built. Being a great college coach guarantees nothing in the pros (Saban proves that).

I don't know if they lost some key players over Switzer's 4 years, but of that 40-24 record, 24 of those wins came in his first 2 seasons, he was 16-16 his last 2 seasons.

Going 6-10 his last season and having Chan Gailey go 10-6 the following season, doesn't help his case much either.

Switzer's issue was very clear IMO.

He was too much of a players coach. It worked for awhile because they had so much talent. But they lacked discipline and it caught up to them.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has played well for us this season.

9ppg, 7.4apg, and 5rpg in 28mpg.

He has made 41%, 37% of his treys (people said he can't shoot), and a disappointing 63% of his FTA's, but it seems that's contagious on the Lakers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has made 41%, 37% of his treys (people said he can't shoot), and a disappointing 63% of his FTA's, but it seems that's contagious on the Lakers.

41% from the field is awful

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is a primary reason the Lakers are so bad right now, especially on defense. He's so bad that people think Lonzo being hurt is the sole reason they can't guard anyone. Lineups with him on the floor are getting wrecked. He's a net negative player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switzer's issue was very clear IMO.

He was too much of a players coach. It worked for awhile because they had so much talent. But they lacked discipline and it caught up to them.
Wouldn't disagree with this, but couldn't it be the players were different and not as good? They were in year 4 then of Jerry Jones picking the players as opposed to Johnson.

I mean, yeah, Gailey got them to 10-6 but 2 years later he was back to 6-10. NFL's weird. Very short season A few bad breaks can make a 10-11 win team instead win 6-7 (or vice versa).

Certainly nothing to call the guy a clown as a coach.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He averaged 10ppg, 12apg, and 7.6rpg in the playoffs for the Pels. He made 42% of his treys.
This is true, but they let him go and didn't have many suitors, did he?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did other suitors have a chance? He was the first player the Lakers agreed to terms when FA opened (after James) I believe.
why couldn't other teams have offered him more?