• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with this. Lopez would have been nice and probably a better fit in the offense next to James.....but Rondo has been really solid overall IMO. And McGee hasn't been too bad at all for the most part. He's provided some scoring, rebounding, and shot blocking. Lopez doesn't rebound much or play defense.

Loved the Ingram posterizing Slow-pez the other day though.....LOL.

Yeah, JaVale has been pretty solid overall. He still has his "JaVale moments" but nothing even Shaqtin' A Fool worthy. The problem with him is that he can't play outside the paint and that hurts the Lakers ability to create driving lanes to the basket.

With Lopez, that doesn't happen because teams have to respect his 3 point shot.

Yeah, that Ingram dunk was nice. He dunked on Lopez like he was mad at him. Does he owe him money or something? lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Boston is better off if Irving leaves in FA....they just aren't the same team they were last season when the kids were playing with no fear and left everything on the floor in the playoffs.

If GH comes back and is say 80-85% of the player before the injury, I think they'd be fine. I think his skillset fts the team better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think Boston is better off if Irving leaves in FA....they just aren't the same team they were last season when the kids were playing with no fear and left everything on the floor in the playoffs.

If GH comes back and is say 80-85% of the player before the injury, I think they'd be fine. I think his skillset fts the team better.
I don't say this because of any angst for him leaving here, but tough not to believe this. I still think he's among the most talented players in the entire league, but something's not right with his head.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure.

They will be fine.

Will they have a championship caliber team though?

I don't think so.

With all the assets Ainge had at his disposal, anything less than a championship caliber team for at least 3 or 4 seasons would be a disappointment.

There is a scenario where the Celtics window could close before it ever really opens. This is a huge summer for them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

They will be fine.

I don't think so.

With all the assets Ainge had at his disposal, anything less than a championship caliber team for at least 3 or 4 seasons would be a disappointment.

There is a scenario where the Celtics window could close before it ever really opens. This is a huge summer for them.
Yep....definitely need a max level guy to add to the team if they lose Kyrie.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

They will be fine.

I don't think so.

I think some of it is Toronto and Philly got better.....but they are better than they were after the big trio in Boston retired.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of it is Toronto and Philly got better.....but they are better than they were after the big trio in Boston retired.
Very true, but the one team they couldn't beat (Cavs) got worse. Milwaukee much better, too, though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Switzer tear it down. Wouldn't it indicate if Switzer's teams played well with Johnson's guys that Jerry Jones was the guy who tore it down? HArd to call a guy who went 40-24 with a title a clown, isn't it? want to tell me JJ's a better coach I wouldn't disagree.

I have no doubt Johnson was an outstanding GM.

By this logic, wouldn't it mean Wannstadt is a better coach than JJ as JJ never had more than 10 wins in Miami, but Wannstadt was 11-5 his first 2 years there with JJs guys?

Well, his record, with essentially the same team, got worse and a guy that also isn't considered a good coach basically reversed the record in his first year after Switzer left.

I think Switzer was an outstanding college coach, his record there speaks for itself with teams he built. Being a great college coach guarantees nothing in the pros (Saban proves that).

I don't know if they lost some key players over Switzer's 4 years, but of that 40-24 record, 24 of those wins came in his first 2 seasons, he was 16-16 his last 2 seasons.

Going 6-10 his last season and having Chan Gailey go 10-6 the following season, doesn't help his case much either.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't say this because of any angst for him leaving here, but tough not to believe this. I still think he's among the most talented players in the entire league, but something's not right with his head.

I'd fucking love him on the Lakers since he and James have played together......he'd give us the 2nd guy we need and I think he'd be comfortable with that....until James retires and he can take over as the lead dog so to speak.