• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew it would take being talked about as being part of a possible trade to light a fire in a player's belly to start to realize his potential?

Still needs to eat 500-600 cheeseburgers a day.....

ah wtf, Durant essentially stayed skinny, too...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the flack Ingram has caught, he has been damn good lately while Kuzma has fallen off a bit.

Ingram still just 21 years old. He isn't Kevin Durant, but he absolutely looks like he could be a future star the he has been playing. Starting to figure it out.

Really like the way he has been playing for about the past 7-10 games.

He's shown flashes here and there and has improved every season, but he's been inconsistent at best.

He's been aggressive, doesn't defer to Lebron all of the time (which Lebron seems to like) and despite still looking like a stick figure, seems to have added a little physicality to his game.

Hopefully, he'll continue to play like this the rest of the way and carry it into next season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, CL. He's 21.
Probably a little tongue in cheek by CL but a lot of fans don't get that many rookies (especially the very young ones) struggle some in year 1 or even 2 before breaking out.

Heard some guys say earlier in the season Sexton should not even be in the NBA.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most who do this a lot don't want to admit it is mostly luck. Sure, it helps to know the players but we are at the whims of the coaches' substitution patterns.

There are nights (or weeks in NFL) where I'll do a number of lineups. I'll usually get the top players in at least one, but the luck is putting them in the right combo together.

I check out a facebook DFS forum every now and then that can be pure comedy. Nothing better than a Monday in the NFL season when After the Fact Guy claims he knew about the 9th string NE RB who was gonna have the 2-3 TD game.

NFL is a lot of luck imo. I think if you have a good plan you can cash if you stick to 50/50s

The tournaments are a bunch of luck

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL is a lot of luck imo. I think if you have a good plan you can cash if you stick to 50/50s

The tournaments are a bunch of luck
agree....was referring to tourneys and the big bucks.

I love the guys who get bent out of shape when you tell them it's mostly luck. NBA and NFL are both about game control. You want close games that are high scoring. If the so-called experts of daily fantasy were really experts and knew how game control would go they wouldn't waste time with fantasy and would stick to traditional wagers with better odds.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you think a team like Love's Minnesota team was the "right environment"?

Well, depends. Love was a big part of that bad environment. More on that later.

It also depends on what you mean by first option.

Team Love with 2 way players who maybe aren't quite as strong offensively, then sure. GUys like Kris Middleton, Rudy Gobert, etc.

Love would probably be the offensive focal point on a team like that, but he wouldn't be the best player. Middleton and Gobert are both better overall players because of their defensive contributions.

Love is still a top 15-20 player if we are only considering offense. But when defense is factored in too, he isn't close to that. So if he is your best overall player, then your team is going to suck. And I don't see any way around that.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Team Love with 2 way players who maybe aren't quite as strong offensively, then sure. GUys like Kris Middleton, Rudy Gobert, etc.

Love would probably be the offensive focal point on a team like that, but he wouldn't be the best player. Middleton and Gobert are both better overall players because of their defensive contributions.

Love is still a top 15-20 player if we are only considering offense. But when defense is factored in too, he isn't close to that. So if he is your best overall player, then your team is going to suck. And I don't see any way around that.

Spot on, nailed it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. A team going after TT or Clarkson is not in the same stratosphere as us taking Knight. They could be doing it to help them next year AND possibly to help with the cap after the season.

I agree they probably keep TT as despite his offseason issues he strikes me as the type who could be a leader to younger players. would depend what he wants, of course, since unlike last time they wont be forced to keep him.
yah it will be interesting

do not sleep on Henson either. Guy is a useful player when healthy. Next year the Cavs are going to have a chance to make this years haul of 6 2nds and 2 firsts look like some spare change lying around.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

That's why it is so key he is surrounded by complimentary pieces. TT and to a lesser extent Mozgov during the Cavs title season as an example

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can somewhat agree, but you get offense is as important as defense, right, and is more easily measured? The narrative Love is an awful defender is a guess at best. He's certainly not good and average would be pushing it.

Isn't close to top 15-20 when overall game considered? so what are you thinking.....50th best or worse? Guy was an all star only a year ago.

You could put Love on the Nets in place of Russell (make Dimwiddie the PG) and he's their best player. That team is a playoff team and probably better than they are now.

Hell, Cs might even be better with love over Kyrie (Rozier at PG). They could use another big who could score and rebound, and we know he's a better teammate than Kyrie.

Last edited: