• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still almost a quarter of the season to go though

lot can happen.

still.....its getting a lot closer- and id say its 50/50 now about Lakers making the playoffs

the Clips gave away their best player for picks, the Kings are young and have lost a TON of close games this year and just dont know how to finish, and the Spurs are a mess of injuries and not much talent to begin with.

Lakers SHOULD be able to pass those teams. Really no excuse not too

but as the great Yogi Berra said- its getting late early

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All bullshit aside, Clarkson could get 6th man and Hood should be in the mix for MIP.
yah Clarkson has put up the numbers but its tough ti give it to a guy on a team that will struggle to win 20 games.

Next year Clarkson is gonna be a nice commodity at the trade deadline that is for sure. As is Henson, and TT. Those are 3 solid players that could help contenders. I think they will prob. resign Thompson, but no guarantees of that.

I am just thinking thogh if they get an offer to take on some bad salary for some real guys that can help- that htey will have to really consider it since that would mean getting a real asset.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Final playoffs spot is coming down to the Lakers and Clippers.

That Clippers team is something else
Spurs spot is still up for grabs but the Kings aren't doing enough to take it. We knew going into this rough 6 game stretch that 2-4 or 3-3 would give them a shot but they went 1-5 and had a chance to win at least 5 of them. Seemed like this season was lining up for the Kings to shock the world and get into the playoffs, but I guess it's not meant to be.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram!!!!

For all the flack Ingram has caught, he has been damn good lately while Kuzma has fallen off a bit.

Ingram still just 21 years old. He isn't Kevin Durant, but he absolutely looks like he could be a future star the he has been playing. Starting to figure it out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant though...can you imagine?

Obviously if they can get KD, they would do it, but it is a risk to even try. Middleton is a UFA assuming he declines his option (he will).

Why would KD leave GS for Milwaukee? If he leaves it will be to be the man again. Giannis is the man in Milwaukee. But yeah, it would be sick.

I don't think the 1% chance longshot to get KD is worth pissing off Middleton and risk losing him. This Bucks team might be good enough to win a future title as is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs spot is still up for grabs but the Kings aren't doing enough to take it. We knew going into this rough 6 game stretch that 2-4 or 3-3 would give them a shot but they went 1-5 and had a chance to win at least 5 of them. Seemed like this season was lining up for the Kings to shock the world and get into the playoffs, but I guess it's not meant to be.

Don't get so down yet bud but I think the Spurs are almost a lock due to how good they are at home (23-7).

11 home games left so I think it is a good bet to say they win 7 or 8 of those which brings them to 41-42 wins which means they only need 2 or 3 of their final 8 road games to get to 44/45 wins which seems like would get you in the playoffs.

But yeah I just looked at the Kings remaining schedule and doesn't look good.

Pretty important 4 games stretch coming up though where they play the Knicks 2x, home vs Boston, and away to Washington.

Win 3 of those 4 and you're at 34-32 still in the fight in middle of March.

Back to the Kings schedule, they have road games left against Boston, Philly, Lakers, Spurs, Houston, Utah, and Portland. That is difficult. Only good thing is their home schedule is pretty soft so to make the playoffs or at least still be in the mix in the final 5 games of the season, they need to win most of their remaining home games.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said you'd take Klay over Love because you want the great shooter over the lesser shooting big guy. Your words.

If that isn't true anymore no worries. Better people than you have come to realize their logic was off base.

Yes I did say that. But I never said anything about AD. You brought him up because it bothers you when people disagree w/ you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your exact words - "Give me the 3 point shooter instead of a low post player w/ range. In todays game I want the better outside shooter."

Once again, with this "logic' that means you want Klay over AD (and Embid, as well).

One last time. I'm only talking about Klay & Love. And again I've already said that but you're chossing to ignore that fact.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These lebron media sessions after the games they lose are comedy gold

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another last word freak. Every post you write helps my case. Carry on, my wayward son!
Freak? Son?

I think you are losing it....uh......pops? What would happen if you just manned up and admitted a simple mistake?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why settle for that?

I don't want my team to be bad, so I don't want Love as my number 1.

In the right environment, I really think Klay could be a good team's best player.
And you think a team like Love's Minnesota team was the "right environment"?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie got most of his shots running of pin down screens. He would either catch and shoot, catch backdoor passes of cuts when overplayed or shot fake and dribble to the rim.

He didn't really create his own shot much. But he did get to the FT line more than Klay. You are right about that.
Stands to reason a guy getting 5-7 FTs a game was creating shots more than the guy who would be lucky to get 3.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

Now you see why I have problems with this dude?

Goes out of his way to take small pieces of comments to tell the story he wants to about me.

Every single objective poster here knows that I know the game of basketball. Wiggy just has to diminish me any chance he gets because I have barbecued him so many times in our little back and forths and he can't handle it. So he takes unprovoked shots at me for no reason.

@WiggyRuss,

If you are going to make reference to any past quotes I have made in derogatory fashion, you really need to start copying my actual quote. And not a small piece of it, the whole damn thing.

Otherwise, you are back to Wiggy plays 1 and 2:

1: take quotes out of context
2: make shit up
I cannot say I kept track of all your comments but if he's taking them out of context, OK. But come on......just in the last day I've seen far worse than this hurled my way and much of what he said was fair.

I was the recipient of a comical Yosemite Sam-like namecalling meltdown by @msgkings322 all because he could not man up and admit he was wrong that @Wamu in no way thought Love and Klay were similar players.......proven with his own comments.

I will say while we have had adversarial discussions I feel like you know the game (as do most here).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Agreed.

LOve isn't a leader either though. At least he wasn't in Minnesota. Maybe he could be today.

Also agreed that Klay would struggle in the wrong system without the right pieces. But then again, there aren't many players in the NBA today who wouldn't struggle there. Aside from the bonafide superstars, I think everybody would have a hard time in an environment like that.
I think I said as much but don't feel like looking. I could be wrong, but to me Love could only be a leader by example. Doesn't strike me as much of a talker.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
knowing the Lakers they will beat the Bucks tonight...beat the Rockets, lose to the Pels and Griz, and then beat then Bucks.

i dunno about Bledsoe....i think BLedsoe is good, and i think its a solid contract but i dont know if i am the bucks if i a commit my cap space to him without exploring other possible options.

we shall see
I think it's a solid deal for them. A year shorter than he could have gotten I think, and I'm certain lesser players will sign for more than the $17-18 mil he received.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last time. I'm only talking about Klay & Love. And again I've already said that but you're chossing to ignore that fact.
Once again your explanation is a generic explanation. You said "in today's game I want the outside shooter"

Lie, dance, deflect. Wont matter. Cannot get around the comment. Even msg's attempts to save you wont work when he gets caught in his own lies and deflection.....though you didn't call on him, so can't put that on you.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the flack Ingram has caught, he has been damn good lately while Kuzma has fallen off a bit.

Ingram still just 21 years old. He isn't Kevin Durant, but he absolutely looks like he could be a future star the he has been playing. Starting to figure it out.
Yep