• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MMA is pretty easy if you watch the sport. I don't watch Soccer so I got no idea. I've done a golf one before, but I don't know enough about the players really. Love playing it though.

If you just do the final round the showdown is pretty easy. You start with more points rhe higher the golfer is in standings

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah...for years and years...."Wiggy is a hater...the only reason he is saying this shit is because he hates the Lakers and the Heat...blah blah blah blah"

well- maybe I am a hater

but that certainly did not mean I was wrong.

The Heat were exactly what i said- a mediocre team paying a lot of mediocre players a lot of money- and the worst place to be in the NBA is the middle. Riley did do an awful job the last few years and I would not expect even a bigtime Heat fan to tell me otherwise at this point.

The Lakers did, overall, a pretty shitty job during their rebuild.

I might hate those 2 teams but that certainly did not mean I was wrong

#timevindicates

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Klay would be without Curry and Durant

Love before his injury issues proved he was a top tier player. He was a beast in Minny. He then took a lesser role behind LeBron and since he has had problems staying healthy
I mean just watching Klay play he just seems like he is like the ultimate A++ 3 and D role player

all those Finals I was never nearly as scared of Klay as I was of Curry or later on Durant, or even Draymond.

Klay just make sure you glue someone to him. Hes not gonna take you off the dribble. Hes not gonna finish like a Kyrie or Curry at the basket and just dazzle you. Hes not gonna pull up and drain mid range on you lethally like Durant.

Hes a great player, dont get me wrong, and if the Cavs had him on their team he would have been amazing next to LeBron, but I just dont see him as the focal point of an offense how he would create his own shot.

Maybe he would turn into like a Rich Hamilton with 3 pt range on a lesser team where he is just constantly running off screens etc.....but that does take a lot out of a guy and makes it so he cnat work as hard on defense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance is overrating players because of team success, and ironically had durant not signed with GS, he would probably be overrating love, and some other players. GS Green and Thompson aren't better individually than Love or Irving, however they give off the illusion by having more stars. None of the stars individually, until durant were better on their own imo. You could possibly make a case for Curry, i guess but def not for Green or Thompson imo

This is how players end up with huge contracts, that typically don't deserve it, but benefit from playing on stacked teams.
Tlance does not understand the NBA- he tries to apply principals that are relevant to children- and does not take into account just the pure talent that these guys have. He really is clueless.

He sees that block by Zion and thinks "well thats echnically wrong he left his feet" like he has any fucking clue what he is talking about. The skill that these guys have and the abilities these guys have let them do those type of things and make plays. I guarantee you not ONE out of Coach K or Williams or Boheim thought, well gee golly guys he left his feet and that was technically wrong...they thought- holy shit look at the talent and this guy can do things that other guys simply cant do.

he was probably one of those guys that never made it and now tries to think his very very small knowledge of the game because he teaches children is somehow relevant to the NBA when it is not in the slightest- he is stuck in the NBA of 20-30 years ago as well. His ego blinds him to the reality of the NBA game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't decide between "like" and "funny" because of the last comment. Well played.

Has to be a cutoff at some point based on abaility, otherwise stands to reason you want the shooter over the lowpost guy with even less range. That puts Klay over AD (yes, he has some range but he's not a shooter).

And, yes, I do think he can be a 20-10 player if healthy (which I believe he's been for a while if they needed him). He's played 25+ minutes in 7 games this year (with only 3 in his usual range of 35ish) and has averaged roughly 22 and 12. small sample size, but it's all we have.

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

GET YOUR HEAD CHECKED. Cause you ain't right.

What does AD have to do w/ the topic of Klay or Love? I'll tell you, nothing. Funny how you mentioned a player not even in the conversation. You just don't like when people don't agree w/ you. Which is funny as hell.

I could say the Pacific Ocean's full of salt water & you'd disagree.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed by a pretty wide margin, lol. I'm beginning to think I'm terrible at these and I was just lucky one time.

I got an MMA one lined up for this weekend, so I hopefully hit on that.
Most who do this a lot don't want to admit it is mostly luck. Sure, it helps to know the players but we are at the whims of the coaches' substitution patterns.

There are nights (or weeks in NFL) where I'll do a number of lineups. I'll usually get the top players in at least one, but the luck is putting them in the right combo together.

I check out a facebook DFS forum every now and then that can be pure comedy. Nothing better than a Monday in the NFL season when After the Fact Guy claims he knew about the 9th string NE RB who was gonna have the 2-3 TD game.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have to play Montrezl and the Clippers tonight, not feeling confident about it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is a beast and one of the best shooters of all-time. I am not debating who is better between Klay and Love bc they are different players and Love is injury prone. What we do know is Klay is not a #1 on a team and I legimately can't see him being one, Love has proven he can do it. The team didn't exactly win but he put up #1 type of numbers and was a true #1 on a non-playoff team. Doesn't exactly say he is one of the best players in the league, but I don't think anything even debated that anyway. Just a solid #1 on a bad team.
Klay has proven he can be about the best #2 on the leagues best team.

End of conversation lol

People keep saying Klay can't be a number 1 option.

I think that is short sighted.

Reggie Miller was a #1 option on some really good teams. Klay has a very similar offensive game, but he is a better defender for sure, and might be a better offensive player too.

No, you aren't going to expect to ISO Klay and play off him, but I have no doubt he is capable of scoring 25 PPG, maybe even a bit more as a team's best player in the right system. Now, in the wrong system that lacks ball movement or adequate spacing, Klay as a number 1 would be an unmitigated disaster.

But I absolutely believe a smart coach and smart front office could build a good, not great team around Klay Thompson.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get back to me? How is that even possible when you're like the hamster running in the wheel in a hurry to get absolutely nowhere.

Let's recap:

You've already been told by multiple sources here that no one believes Love is better than Klay.

Second, we've also established through the same multiple sources that NO ONE was arguing - other than yourself- that Klay is a better #1 than Love

Thridly, also through the same sources, you've been made to agree that Klay is a valuable player - more-so than Love at this point.

And finally, through none other than the same sources listed in the first three examples above, you've conceded that Klay actually could be a good #1.

None of which adds up to anyone agreeing with your initial statement that Love is better than Klay. And might I add, all without having the guts to admit you went too far out on that limb of yours to say EVERYONE here agrees with you.

Great job. Take your bow. :humble:
I'll go in order of your irrational.......

some have said Love is better than Klay. Strike 1.

I also was not making that argument. But someone said he thought love was a better #1 so I implied to him wouldn't that mean he's a better player? strike 2

Never said he wasn't valuable. But never said he was better than Love. strike 3.

Never said Klay could be a good #1. In fact, I said he would not be....though I did say we cannot know for sure unless someone makes him their #1. seriously, have someone help you with reading comp. strike 4

Why I continue to have the need to remind you - You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

And now you are resorting to outright lies. Sad.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

GET YOUR HEAD CHECKED. Cause you ain't right.

What does AD have to do w/ the topic of Klay or Love? I'll tell you, nothing. Funny how you mentioned a player not even in the conversation. You just don't like when people don't agree w/ you. Which is funny as hell.

I could say the Pacific Ocean's full of salt water & you'd disagree.
Seemed like a pretty fair argument I made which actually agreed with you for the most part.

Are you just messing with me here?

I mentioned AD because you were the one who said you want the shooter over the big guy but with less range. Well guess what....AD has even less range than Love so by your own comments that would mean you take Klay over AD.

Looks like this now works for you, too - You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People keep saying Klay can't be a number 1 option.

I think that is short sighted.

Reggie Miller was a #1 option on some really good teams. Klay has a very similar offensive game, but he is a better defender for sure, and might be a better offensive player too.

No, you aren't going to expect to ISO Klay and play off him, but I have no doubt he is capable of scoring 25 PPG, maybe even a bit more as a team's best player in the right system. Now, in the wrong system that lacks ball movement or adequate spacing, Klay as a number 1 would be an unmitigated disaster.

But I absolutely believe a smart coach and smart front office could build a good, not great team around Klay Thompson.
I think 25 ppg is high, but agree with most of this.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean just watching Klay play he just seems like he is like the ultimate A++ 3 and D role player

all those Finals I was never nearly as scared of Klay as I was of Curry or later on Durant, or even Draymond.

Klay just make sure you glue someone to him. Hes not gonna take you off the dribble. Hes not gonna finish like a Kyrie or Curry at the basket and just dazzle you. Hes not gonna pull up and drain mid range on you lethally like Durant.

Hes a great player, dont get me wrong, and if the Cavs had him on their team he would have been amazing next to LeBron, but I just dont see him as the focal point of an offense how he would create his own shot.

Maybe he would turn into like a Rich Hamilton with 3 pt range on a lesser team where he is just constantly running off screens etc.....but that does take a lot out of a guy and makes it so he cnat work as hard on defense.

Klay's a modern day Reggie Miller, with better defense. He's not simply a guy who waits for you to get him the ball in the corner, he's constantly moving and will get buckets regardless of who is guarding him. Especially in today's NBA where you can't really put a body on him, he'll always have space to get his shot.

Reggie had a different "it" factor for sure but there's other things that Klay does well that will help him shine if he's the guy in any capacity. Again it's all about who the fits are next to him. I think if you put him on a team like Utah right now and took of Donovan Mitchell, I still think the Jazz are a good playoff team, with Klay being the #1 option. At worst the team defense of the Jazz is even better and it allows them to win some lower scoring games.

So ultimately I think it just comes down to team makeup around him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like a pretty fair argument I made which actually agreed with you for the most part.

Are you just messing with me here?

I mentioned AD because you were the one who said you want the shooter over the big guy but with less range. Well guess what....AD has even less range than Love so by your own comments that would mean you take Klay over AD.

Looks like this now works for you, too - You need to hire someone to keep track of your dumb comments so your future dumb comments don't bite you in the ass.

Try to stay on topic, if you can. This is about Klay & Love. Not AD. And not any other NBAers.

So between Klay & Love only (you seemingly don't get that) I'd rather have Klay. Are you really this fucking dumb?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay's a modern day Reggie Miller, with better defense. He's not simply a guy who waits for you to get him the ball in the corner, he's constantly moving and will get buckets regardless of who is guarding him. Especially in today's NBA where you can't really put a body on him, he'll always have space to get his shot.

Reggie had a different "it" factor for sure but there's other things that Klay does well that will help him shine if he's the guy in any capacity. Again it's all about who the fits are next to him. I think if you put him on a team like Utah right now and took of Donovan Mitchell, I still think the Jazz are a good playoff team, with Klay being the #1 option. At worst the team defense of the Jazz is even better and it allows them to win some lower scoring games.

So ultimately I think it just comes down to team makeup around him.
again all seem like fair comments. I wonder what Reggie would do in today's NBA. With more offense and even more 3s chucked up I think he might look even better than we remember. Can't say I watched him a lot, but does seem like he was a much better player at getting his own shot. The guy was in the 5-7 range as far as FTs during his best seasons while Klay is lucky to get 3.

I cannot imagine GS misses a beat with Reggie while I cannot see those Indiana teams getting to the ECF or Finals with Klay as the #1 guy. I know...we can't be sure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try to stay on topic, if you can. This is about Klay & Love. Not AD. And not any other NBAers.

So between Klay & Love only (you seemingly don't get that) I'd rather have Klay. Are you really this fucking dumb?
But when you say you prefer the stud shooter over the big guy who is a lesser shooter that's a generic statement. If that's the case, it means you take Klay over AD.

So do you prefer the shooter or the big guy who can shoot but isn't as good? If you want to change your mind, feel free. If not, this means you take Klay over AD. Your choice.

sometimes topics go in different directions and other players will be brought up. Sushi mentioned Reggie Miller in his discussion and it's on point. Seems you should be telling him Miller has nothing to do with the matter.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if instead of the facepalm the emoji lovers could be given an emoji for "ya got me and I have nothing to refute your comment."

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again all seem like fair comments. I wonder what Reggie would do in today's NBA. With more offense and even more 3s chucked up I think he might look even better than we remember. Can't say I watched him a lot, but does seem like he was a much better player at getting his own shot. The guy was in the 5-7 range as far as FTs during his best seasons while Klay is lucky to get 3.

I cannot imagine GS misses a beat with Reggie while I cannot see those Indiana teams getting to the ECF or Finals with Klay as the #1 guy. I know...we can't be sure.

I think the Reggie comparison isn't an apples to apples comparison, it's only to highlight that there is precedent for a shooting guard with that particular skillset to thrive as a #1 option for a winning team. Conversely I think you could use Chris Webber as an indicator that with the right cast you could produce a winning team with a PF who didn't really play any defense as their #1 player. They obviously had different skill sets, with Webber being one of the best passing big men in history if not ever for his position. He was also a much better post scorer than Love, but Love is a much better 3 point shooter of course.

I think what most people are looking at is precedent, not so much plug and play for past comparisons. I think for plug and play, my Utah example was solid. I'm actually not sure which team in the NBA right now you could do a swap of Love for their teams and make them better as their #1. Maybe the Nets?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But when you say you prefer the stud shooter over the big guy who is a lesser shooter that's a generic statement. If that's the case, it means you take Klay over AD.

So do you prefer the shooter or the big guy who can shoot but isn't as good? If you want to change your mind, feel free. If not, this means you take Klay over AD. Your choice.

sometimes topics go in different directions and other players will be brought up. Sushi mentioned Reggie Miller in his discussion and it's on point. Seems you should be telling him Miller has nothing to do with the matter.

Miller again really doesn't have anything to do with the matter in general. As in my post just above this one, I mentioned it's only to show precedent of a SG with Klay's skill set having success as a #1. It's not a swap situation, just to show that it has been done in past.

@Wamu

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn you really are slow. I've already said I'm only talking about Klay & Love. You truly don't understand that even though I've said it multiple times now. It was you that brought AD up because it bothers you that I wouldn't take Love.